Post-Credits scene ideas for KotM?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Post-Credits scene ideas for KotM?

Post by ernesth100 »

Still say they just show a clip from the film. Ik, by the time KotM comes out some footage should be done or shot. At least test footage, and I'm highly looking forward to seeing some it. It would be a smart idea, it would build hype while saving maximum money.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

ernesth100 wrote:Still say they just show a clip from the film. Ik, by the time KotM comes out some footage should be done or shot. At least test footage, and I'm highly looking forward to seeing some it. It would be a smart idea, it would build hype while saving maximum money.
Like with the preview featured after the credits of CAPTAIN AMERICA:THE FIRST AVENGER, for the following year's AVENGERS.

I could go for that.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

The One and Only wrote:
ernesth100 wrote:Still say they just show a clip from the film. Ik, by the time KotM comes out some footage should be done or shot. At least test footage, and I'm highly looking forward to seeing some it. It would be a smart idea, it would build hype while saving maximum money.
Like with the preview featured after the credits of CAPTAIN AMERICA:THE FIRST AVENGER, for the following year's AVENGERS.

I could go for that.
Exactly like that. Just have some quick Monarch agents talking "Blah Blah Blah Kong, Blah Blah Godzilla. Blah Blah" Then boom a quick clip of the two running toward each other. Absolute madness would ensue across the web.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

ernesth100 wrote: Exactly like that. Just have some quick Monarch agents talking "Blah Blah Blah Kong, Blah Blah Godzilla. Blah Blah" Then boom a quick clip of the two running toward each other. Absolute madness would ensue across the web.
Because what the world needs more of right now is more direct rip-offs of Marvel's "fast food of movies" formula.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

The end credit scene will feature Gareth Edwards holding up a script for Godzilla vs. Kong while laughing maniacally .
The footage will fade to black with a single title exploding on screen that reads…

Godzilla V. Kong: Dawn of Cutaways

Added in 7 minutes 24 seconds:
BARAGONBREH wrote:
ernesth100 wrote: Exactly like that. Just have some quick Monarch agents talking "Blah Blah Blah Kong, Blah Blah Godzilla. Blah Blah" Then boom a quick clip of the two running toward each other. Absolute madness would ensue across the web.
Because what the world needs more of right now is more direct rip-offs of Marvel's "fast food of movies" formula.
Yeah, I full heartedly agree. It’s so fascinating, it’s like the same 3 users constantly coming up with either the cringiest, or most uninspired ideas imaginable. Like it feels like I’m living on a deviantart page every time I visit threads like these…
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Thu May 10, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Post credit scene to Godzilla Vs. Kong:

Some time has passed after the big fight (which Godzilla wins, cuz I said so). The city that was the staging ground for their fight is in ruins. Rescue teams are in full force to locate and save survivors and suddenly, a giant UFO appears in the sky. It moves so fast that nobody can quite tell what it is, but the object appears to be spinning. The flying object suddenly lands in the middle of the ruined city.

When the dust settles and the smoke clears, the object remains and can now be clearly seen. To the bewilderment of all, the object appears to have the shape of...a turtle shell!

(Cue Gamera roar!)

Godzilla Vs. Gamera, book that!
Last edited by GojiDog on Thu May 10, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GojiDog wrote:Post credit scene to Godzilla Vs. Kong:

Some time has passed after the big fight (which Godzilla wins, cuz I said so). The city that was the staging ground for their fight is in ruins. Rescue teams are in full force to locate and save survivors and suddenly, a giant UFO appears in the sky. It moves so fast that nobody can quite tell what it is, but the object appears to be spinning. The flying object suddenly lands in the middle of the ruined city.

When the dust settles and the smoke clears, the object remains and can now be clearly seen. To the bewilderment of all, the object appears to have the shape of...a turtle shell!

(Cue Gamera roar!)

Godzilla Vs. Gamera, book that!
A. This is a thread for post-credit ideas for Godzilla 2, not Kong vs. Godzilla.
B. No.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

What's wrong with you guys? How is my idea in any way more unoriginal or uninspired than anything that's going to actually be in the movie? It's two icons battling each other and should be promoted as such a massive event. It's very much a big thing. So why not allow it to be shown off to its full potential? Why show off with some puny lab tease or name drop when you could have the two literally on the same screen and generate instant hype?

I mean, y'know what. In second thought I could see why. Because you'd want the moment they share the screen to be special. Not just instantly served to us on a silver platter. Built up too, anticipated, almost nearly tired of and then finally boom moment of Truth. So, while I wouldn't have a problem with something soft, something loud and epic wouldn't at all hurt and isn't at all "Marvels formula" it's action plain and simple. Anyone can do it, I'd say that applies especially for giant monsters. :roll:
Last edited by ernesth100 on Thu May 10, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Okay, do yourself a favor. Go back and rewatch the post-credit scene for Kong: Skull Island.

Did you see Godzilla and Ghidorah fight? Rodan fly across the screen? Mothra emerge from her cocoon? No. But did you still feel HYPE AF!1!1!?!?!@@!#@! I'm sure you did. Why? Because it was a TEASE. It was foreplay. It wasn't the whole enchilada on the screen.

If I see Kong and Godzilla running towards each other and it's not the full teaser trailer it's VERY premature. There's no buildup. Not saying they should exactly copy what K:SI did, of course. But literally go and watch EVERY SINGLE MCU post-credit scene. With maybe one, or two, exceptions. They're very short and very simple and don't do something grandiose like that. Sure, as the films went on they did more, naturally. But showing Thor's hammer, for example, as opposed to Thor falling from the sky. These are ways of teasing people as opposed to smacking them in the face with what's coming. It's about building hype, not FORCING it.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Look, if you think your ideas are good, cool. Everyone has every right in the world to enjoy the scenes one invents in their mind. All we're saying is most people will not want to see these ideas come to fruition and, moreover, they will not come to fruition. The people who will be working on this movie - people who are experienced, have went through film school, know how to write a movie etc. simply are never going to share your idea of what is good.

It's not a big deal or something to get offended by.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

BARAGONBREH wrote:Look, if you think your ideas are good, cool. Everyone has every right in the world to enjoy the scenes one invents in their mind. All we're saying is most people will not want to see these ideas come to fruition and, moreover, they will not come to fruition. The people who will be working on this movie - people who are experienced, have went through film school, know how to write a movie etc. simply are never going to share your idea of what is good.

It's not a big deal or something to get offended by.
This. Couldn’t agree more.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

jackzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by jackzilla »

I'm not too sure, but I do hope it ends with a King Kong roar. Since Kong: Skull Island had a post-credit scene that ended with Godzilla roar, Godzilla: King of the Monsters should have a post credit scene that ends with King Kong's roar.
LONG LIVE THE KING

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:A post credit scene is almost a given if you like it or not.
On one hand, G2014 managed to avoid having them (though I think that may have been partly because they weren’t sure if it would be successful enough to warrant a sequel and they hadn’t planned out the Monsterverse yet.

On the other hand, Skull Island had them. You’re probably right.
PitchBlackProgress wrote: Like it feels like I’m living on a deviantart page every time I visit threads like these…
Be happy you missed the Ten-Year Drought, particularly the four-year stretch from Legendary confirming they were going to make a Godzilla film in 2010 to release in 2014. This entire thread was nothing but deviantart-tier “speculation”, “plot ideas,” and “concept” fanart.
Last edited by G2000 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

*Kong grabs the infinity gauntlet* "Fine... I'll do it myself."
Last edited by KingKaiju on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

I like the Kong roaring idea for the post credit. That, and like the very successful, and awesome MCU flicks with the little stringer, not to mention the 007 franchise, "Godzilla Will Return."
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

ebirah_scampi wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:The final credits fade and images of the battleground, still burning, begin to flicker. As the camera pans, it begins to pull out revealing the images are playing on a television hanging on an office wall. A man, dressed in a business suit, squeezes a pencil so hard that it snaps. The camera rolls around to his face, revealing another Asian-American man and a name plate on his desk that reads "Mr. Taco." A bead of sweat rolls down his forehead as he grits his teeth "Urrrrhhhh. I am sick of Godzilla!"

Fade out.
Cast Ken Jeong as Taco and we've got a million dollar post credits sequence.
Quick, get Thomas Tull on the phone! Tell him to take my money! XD
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)