Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
User avatar
PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2189
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:02 pm

Maria Pitillo
Danny Trejo
Arabella Field
Jason Statham
Vicki Lewis
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Hank Azaria
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Keanu Reeves
Nicolas Cage
Jean Reno
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

User avatar
Moogabunga
G-Grasper
Posts: 1490
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby Moogabunga » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:55 pm

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Jason Statham
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Keanu Reeves
Nicolas Cage

Yes!

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5431
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:07 pm

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Danny Trejo

Only if he gets a machete.
Jean Reno needs to offer someone in the movie gum at least once. :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer
Posts: 9374
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 am
Location: The Planet Trade HQ
Contact:

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:32 pm

With the Alexander Skarsgard casting I see the Monsterverse crew is sticking with the "casting leading actors from critically praised TV series" theme.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
Image

User avatar
LegendZilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 5541
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby LegendZilla » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:24 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:With the Alexander Skarsgard casting I see the Monsterverse crew is sticking with the "casting leading actors from critically praised TV series" theme.


Do you think we should maybe get John Hamm from The Wired next?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5431
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:45 am

A cameo from Kenji Sahara would be amazing.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
JGAR
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:28 am
Location: Gotham City, Gotham

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby JGAR » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:01 am

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:With the Alexander Skarsgard casting I see the Monsterverse crew is sticking with the "casting leading actors from critically praised TV series" theme.


They should cast Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead). Phenomenal actor and currently available.
Yooo 8-)

Shin Gabara
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:33 pm
Location: Host's Forebrain

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby Shin Gabara » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:27 am

Jeremy Davies
Macon Blair
Giancarlo Giannini
Jamie Bamber (who would have made a much better Rick Grimes)
. . .

User avatar
LegendZilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 5541
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby LegendZilla » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:40 am

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:A cameo from Kenji Sahara would be amazing.


Depends on how much longer he has...
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 14041
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:11 pm

LegendZilla wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:A cameo from Kenji Sahara would be amazing.


Depends on how much longer he has...


Why the skreeonk do you have to be grim all the time? skreeonk outta here with that negative poop, nobody wants to see that.
Image

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6056
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby Maritonic » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:16 pm

LegendZilla wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:A cameo from Kenji Sahara would be amazing.


Depends on how much longer he has...


This, admittedly, seems unnecessarily morbid.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3445
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:12 pm
Location: The Milky Way

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby KaijuCanuck » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:15 pm

Ewan MacGregor! But he’s gotta do his English accent.
Image

User avatar
Dv-218
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2342
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:18 am

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby Dv-218 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:23 pm

You are all missing out on the main event- the only actor the Monsterverse needs is Danny Devito as Mr. Tako for GvK :lol:

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6056
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby Maritonic » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:25 pm

Dv-218 wrote:You are all missing out on the main event- the only actor the Monsterverse needs is Danny Devito as Mr. Tako for GvK :lol:


Shockingly, I'd love for them to have some sort of Mr. Tako type character in the new film trying to capitalize financially on the fight. It likely won't happen, but man would it be great to have a funny character like that. Instead of trying to make everything so serious.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3445
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:12 pm
Location: The Milky Way

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby KaijuCanuck » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:55 pm

Maritonic wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:You are all missing out on the main event- the only actor the Monsterverse needs is Danny Devito as Mr. Tako for GvK :lol:


Shockingly, I'd love for them to have some sort of Mr. Tako type character in the new film trying to capitalize financially on the fight. It likely won't happen, but man would it be great to have a funny character like that. Instead of trying to make everything so serious.


I would definitely be okay with some version of a comedy relief, provided it doesn’t get too out of hand. An arrogant, petty and comedically foolish industrialist could definitely fit the bill.
Image

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6056
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby Maritonic » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:59 pm

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:You are all missing out on the main event- the only actor the Monsterverse needs is Danny Devito as Mr. Tako for GvK :lol:


Shockingly, I'd love for them to have some sort of Mr. Tako type character in the new film trying to capitalize financially on the fight. It likely won't happen, but man would it be great to have a funny character like that. Instead of trying to make everything so serious.


I would definitely be okay with some version of a comedy relief, provided it doesn’t get too out of hand. An arrogant, petty and comedically foolish industrialist could definitely fit the bill.


Especially in a modern day of YouTube views = money. Could you imagine? Knowing this is the huge, world changing fight of the century and wanting to have the best views for your live stream? Sounds hokey, and I'm sure pitchforks are coming, but I think it could work.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
Dv-218
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2342
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:18 am

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby Dv-218 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:03 pm

Maritonic wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Shockingly, I'd love for them to have some sort of Mr. Tako type character in the new film trying to capitalize financially on the fight. It likely won't happen, but man would it be great to have a funny character like that. Instead of trying to make everything so serious.


I would definitely be okay with some version of a comedy relief, provided it doesn’t get too out of hand. An arrogant, petty and comedically foolish industrialist could definitely fit the bill.


Especially in a modern day of YouTube views = money. Could you imagine? Knowing this is the huge, world changing fight of the century and wanting to have the best views for your live stream? Sounds hokey, and I'm sure pitchforks are coming, but I think it could work.


That's the crazy thing- as hokey as it sounds, it doesn't sound unlikely in this day and age :lol:

I agree with kanuck that as long as it doesn't get out of hand, I would not mind a comedy relief like that.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LegendZilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 5541
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby LegendZilla » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:09 pm

Maritonic wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:A cameo from Kenji Sahara would be amazing.


Depends on how much longer he has...


This, admittedly, seems unnecessarily morbid.


Don’t act like I actually want him to die. I am just saying that death is beyond all of our control.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3445
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:12 pm
Location: The Milky Way

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby KaijuCanuck » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:09 pm

Dv-218 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
I would definitely be okay with some version of a comedy relief, provided it doesn’t get too out of hand. An arrogant, petty and comedically foolish industrialist could definitely fit the bill.


Especially in a modern day of YouTube views = money. Could you imagine? Knowing this is the huge, world changing fight of the century and wanting to have the best views for your live stream? Sounds hokey, and I'm sure pitchforks are coming, but I think it could work.


That's the crazg thing- as hokey as it sounds, it doesn't sound unlikely in this day and age :lol:

I agree with kanuck that as long as it doesn't get out of hand, I would not mind a comedy relief like that.


Aw man I can see it now - get Jimmy Tatro (the guy from American Vandal) to play a Logan Paul parody of just this dudebro YouTuber who tries to film the fight, or take bets or something, and ends up getting killed or injured as a result of his idiocy. :lol:
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Dv-218
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2342
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:18 am

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Postby Dv-218 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:11 pm

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Especially in a modern day of YouTube views = money. Could you imagine? Knowing this is the huge, world changing fight of the century and wanting to have the best views for your live stream? Sounds hokey, and I'm sure pitchforks are coming, but I think it could work.


That's the crazg thing- as hokey as it sounds, it doesn't sound unlikely in this day and age :lol:

I agree with kanuck that as long as it doesn't get out of hand, I would not mind a comedy relief like that.


Aw man I can see it now - get Jimmy Tatro guy to play a Logan Paul parody of just this dudebro YouTuber who tries to film the fight, or take bets or something, and ends up getting killed or injured as a result of his idiocy. :lol:


I honestly don't know if it's hillarious or scary because of how realistic it is lol. Even worse if it's a Jimmy Tatro/James Corden duo :lol:


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests