Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LegendZilla
Sazer

Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Post by LegendZilla »

Hey there, LegendZilla here. Does anyone have any theories or suggestions as to what actors you would like to see be added in the The ever-diversifying cast of the Monsterverse? If so, what roles do you picture them playing?

My suggestions are :

Jill Marie Jones as a newly appointed Monarch official
Laurence Fishbourne in a military personnel
Alan Tudyk as a Scientist
And Brad Pitt as the male lead in a potential War of the Gargantuas remake
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Post by H-Man »

I've said this before, but I want to see Ernie Hudson as an aged Houston Brooks.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

Great thread idea, LegendZilla!

My takes:

Gary Oldman: Underrated character actor who has sci-fi roots (Fifth Element). Does great work when working with forces stronger than his character (Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy). I could see him as a concerned scientist-type, similar perhaps to Watanabe.
Paul Giamatti: I could see him as nutjob government worker or conspiracy theorist, in the same vein as Randa.
Amanda Plummer: Because if you remember nothing else about Pulp Fiction, you remember Amanda Plummer. Also has sci-fi roots from The Hunger Games, and I could see her as a jaded survivor of a city-destroying monster battle. You know what, put Tim Roth in these movies too. Sure.
Tilda Swinton: Because she's an awesome actor who's equally awesome in sci-fi (Okja, Snowpiercer). She has a flare for the dramatics, which I think would work best if the MonsterVerse goes more Showa-ish.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

vibramrunner wrote:Gary Oldman: Underrated character actor who has sci-fi roots (Fifth Element). Does great work when working with forces stronger than his character (Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy). I could see him as a concerned scientist-type, similar perhaps to Watanabe.
Gary Oldman, underrated? He's one of the most well known and respected actors around. Hell, he's been in two of the biggest franchises around, Batman and Harry Potter.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

vibramrunner wrote:Great thread idea, LegendZilla!

My takes:

Gary Oldman: Underrated character actor who has sci-fi roots (Fifth Element). Does great work when working with forces stronger than his character (Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy). I could see him as a concerned scientist-type, similar perhaps to Watanabe.
Paul Giamatti: I could see him as nutjob government worker or conspiracy theorist, in the same vein as Randa.
Amanda Plummer: Because if you remember nothing else about Pulp Fiction, you remember Amanda Plummer. Also has sci-fi roots from The Hunger Games, and I could see her as a jaded survivor of a city-destroying monster battle. You know what, put Tim Roth in these movies too. Sure.
Tilda Swinton: Because she's an awesome actor who's equally awesome in sci-fi (Okja, Snowpiercer). She has a flare for the dramatics, which I think would work best if the MonsterVerse goes more Showa-ish.
Thanks for both your ideas and compliment! ;)
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

LegendZilla wrote:And Brad Pitt as the male lead in a potential War f the Gargantuas remake
Yes. All of my skreeonking yes!!!!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I've read up on the 80's what-if Godzilla film where the lead was going to be an eye patch wearing agent. His nemesis was going to be a Soviet military man with a blade-arm. The movie sounded pretty fun. If we ever did a more fun, somewhat goofy Godzilla adventure movie then I think the Rock would fit right at home.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Kristian Nairn and Andy Serkis as Sanda and Gaira respectively through motion capture.
Tao Okamoto or Rila Fukushima opposite of Brad Pitt as Sanda’s Caretaker.
Kate Beckinsale in a role as someone’s wife or mother.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheRedKing1979
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRedKing1979 »

Amy Acker, because I think she'd make a great scientist.

Toby Stephens, I can see him as a military officer charged with reigning in kaiju.
Member formerly known as wataru.
Proud American. Southerner. Centrist.
Godzilla vs Biollante (1989) is easily the best Godzilla movie, ever.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

One thing the MonsterVerse has done great so far is the castings. Even if the roles have sometimes not really justified those castings.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I'd really, really love to see Lennie James (Morgan from The Walking Dead) as like a scientist or something.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

LegendaryMonster
GPN Volunteer

Post by LegendaryMonster »

I know we’re getting Thomas Middleditch in KotM but I’d like to see more comedic actors in the monsterverse. Nick Offerman, John Krasinski, and Allison Brie would be a few I’d like to see.

ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Post by ShinGi »

vibramrunner wrote:Great thread idea, LegendZilla!

My takes:

If the Monsterverse ever introduces aliens (Xiliens , Killaks etc) i could see Tilda Swinton playing their leader

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

LegendaryMonster wrote:I know we’re getting Thomas Middleditch in KotM but I’d like to see more comedic actors in the monsterverse. Nick Offerman, John Krasinski, and Allison Brie would be a few I’d like to see.
I absolutely love Alison Brie! I think a big budget film would do wonders for her career, why not a Godzilla film?

I remember reading somewhere Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Henry Cavill were originally considered for the lead role in the 2014 film. Could possibly see them being in future sequels/spinoffs.
Last edited by dillonking55 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendaryMonster
GPN Volunteer

Post by LegendaryMonster »

dillonking55 wrote:
LegendaryMonster wrote:I know we’re getting Thomas Middleditch in KotM but I’d like to see more comedic actors in the monsterverse. Nick Offerman, John Krasinski, and Allison Brie would be a few I’d like to see.
I absolutely love Alison Brie! I think a big budget film would do wonders for her career, why not a Godzilla film?

I remember reading somewhere Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Henry Cavill were originally considered for the lead role in the 2014 film. Could possibly see them being in future sequels/spinoffs.
I love JGL so I’d be all for him but I’m not a huge fan of Cavill. But yeah Allison Brie needs a big break she’s so talented and sooo beautiful.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

I'd honestly like to see John C. Reiley return in Godzilla vs. Kong.

I'd like to see Akira Takarada appear (and not have his scene deleted) as a navy officer, or a MUTO scientist, I'd just really like him to be connected to Godzilla somehow.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

I'd love to see Sigourney Weaver as a high ranking, no nonsense Monarch scientist.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

I want to see Ryan Gosling. Don't care about the role, just give me the Goose.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

dillonking55 wrote: I remember reading somewhere Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Henry Cavill were originally considered for the lead role in the 2014 film. Could possibly see them being in future sequels/spinoffs.
JGL had to bow out do to scheduling conflicts with the promotion of his directorial debut Don Jon. If not he would most likely have been Ford.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983