Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Maria Pitillo
Danny Trejo
Arabella Field
Jason Statham
Vicki Lewis
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Hank Azaria
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Keanu Reeves
Nicolas Cage
Jean Reno
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

PitchBlackProgress wrote: Jason Statham
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Keanu Reeves
Nicolas Cage
Yes!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote: Danny Trejo
Only if he gets a machete.
Jean Reno needs to offer someone in the movie gum at least once. :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

With the Alexander Skarsgard casting I see the Monsterverse crew is sticking with the "casting leading actors from critically praised TV series" theme.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:With the Alexander Skarsgard casting I see the Monsterverse crew is sticking with the "casting leading actors from critically praised TV series" theme.
Do you think we should maybe get John Hamm from The Wired next?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

A cameo from Kenji Sahara would be amazing.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:With the Alexander Skarsgard casting I see the Monsterverse crew is sticking with the "casting leading actors from critically praised TV series" theme.
They should cast Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead). Phenomenal actor and currently available.
Yooo 8-)

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

Jeremy Davies
Macon Blair
Giancarlo Giannini
Jamie Bamber (who would have made a much better Rick Grimes)
. . .

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:A cameo from Kenji Sahara would be amazing.
Depends on how much longer he has...

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote:
Why the fuck do you have to be grim all the time? Fuck outta here with that negative shit, nobody wants to see that.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LegendZilla wrote:
This, admittedly, seems unnecessarily morbid.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Ewan MacGregor! But he’s gotta do his English accent.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

You are all missing out on the main event- the only actor the Monsterverse needs is Danny Devito as Mr. Tako for GvK :lol:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Dv-218 wrote:You are all missing out on the main event- the only actor the Monsterverse needs is Danny Devito as Mr. Tako for GvK :lol:
Shockingly, I'd love for them to have some sort of Mr. Tako type character in the new film trying to capitalize financially on the fight. It likely won't happen, but man would it be great to have a funny character like that. Instead of trying to make everything so serious.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Maritonic wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:You are all missing out on the main event- the only actor the Monsterverse needs is Danny Devito as Mr. Tako for GvK :lol:
Shockingly, I'd love for them to have some sort of Mr. Tako type character in the new film trying to capitalize financially on the fight. It likely won't happen, but man would it be great to have a funny character like that. Instead of trying to make everything so serious.
I would definitely be okay with some version of a comedy relief, provided it doesn’t get too out of hand. An arrogant, petty and comedically foolish industrialist could definitely fit the bill.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
I would definitely be okay with some version of a comedy relief, provided it doesn’t get too out of hand. An arrogant, petty and comedically foolish industrialist could definitely fit the bill.
Especially in a modern day of YouTube views = money. Could you imagine? Knowing this is the huge, world changing fight of the century and wanting to have the best views for your live stream? Sounds hokey, and I'm sure pitchforks are coming, but I think it could work.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Maritonic wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Especially in a modern day of YouTube views = money. Could you imagine? Knowing this is the huge, world changing fight of the century and wanting to have the best views for your live stream? Sounds hokey, and I'm sure pitchforks are coming, but I think it could work.
That's the crazy thing- as hokey as it sounds, it doesn't sound unlikely in this day and age :lol:

I agree with kanuck that as long as it doesn't get out of hand, I would not mind a comedy relief like that.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Maritonic wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
This, admittedly, seems unnecessarily morbid.
Don’t act like I actually want him to die. I am just saying that death is beyond all of our control.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Dv-218 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
That's the crazg thing- as hokey as it sounds, it doesn't sound unlikely in this day and age :lol:

I agree with kanuck that as long as it doesn't get out of hand, I would not mind a comedy relief like that.
Aw man I can see it now - get Jimmy Tatro (the guy from American Vandal) to play a Logan Paul parody of just this dudebro YouTuber who tries to film the fight, or take bets or something, and ends up getting killed or injured as a result of his idiocy. :lol:
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
That's the crazg thing- as hokey as it sounds, it doesn't sound unlikely in this day and age :lol:

Aw man I can see it now - get Jimmy Tatro guy to play a Logan Paul parody of just this dudebro YouTuber who tries to film the fight, or take bets or something, and ends up getting killed or injured as a result of his idiocy. :lol:
I honestly don't know if it's hillarious or scary because of how realistic it is lol. Even worse if it's a Jimmy Tatro/James Corden duo :lol: