King Ghidorah's origins?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

King Ghidorah's origins?

Alien
83%
Earth monster
2%
Supernatural demon
4%
Mystery
11%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 54

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

King Ghidorah's origins?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

We still have a longs way until KotM comes out and with all the speculation what King Ghidorah's origin might be I thought it'd be warrant a thread of its own. What do you guys think might be the origin of the cosmic terror?

There's been talks about him being an alien, others an earth monster to even some supernatural demon considering Dougherty's past works which wouldn't surprise me if that was the case or perhaps his origins might be even shrouded in mystery and only implying what his origin is.

For me I'm hoping alien but only implying he is one and the rest being kept as mystery although I'd be all up for the whole supernatural demon route or perhaps even being an earth monster in origin in a way still has alien connections like contact with these alien microbes/bacteria that mutated him coming to earth through this meteorite or whatever.

Discuss.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Baranosdragon
GPN Volunteer

Re: King Ghidorah's origins?

Post by The Baranosdragon »

If I had to give a guess, I would say they're going to keep it a mystery, to make him more eerie and unidentifiable.
Last edited by The Baranosdragon on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
January 1st, 1929 - August 8th, 2017. May Haruo Nakajima Rest in Peace.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

The Baranosdragon wrote:If I had to give a guess, I would say they're going to keep it a mystery, to make him more eerie and mysterious.
That's what I'm personally hoping for too although I expect they might imply what his origin is whether alien or supernatural demon (Considering Dougherty's previous works).

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

The Baranosdragon
GPN Volunteer

Post by The Baranosdragon »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:Image
January 1st, 1929 - August 8th, 2017. May Haruo Nakajima Rest in Peace.

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

I *want* it to be alien, like he always has been. I would be okay with demon from hell. I'm afraid its probably going to be more mundane though "oh three snakes and a bat fused in the nuclear blast when we tried to kill Godzilla in the 50's!" lol. Fingers crossed for intergalactic alien planet killer!

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

Relair wrote:I *want* it to be alien, like he always has been.
Except he hasn't always been an alien, like in GvKG and GMK.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

I chose alien, but I'd also be ok with a mystery.
Relair wrote: "oh three snakes and a bat fused in the nuclear blast when we tried to kill Godzilla in the 50's!" lol.
Man, that would be so stupid lol. The funny thing is, they would probably do that because of "realism," despite the fact that aliens are far more realistically possible than something like this happening.

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

GalacticPetey wrote:
Relair wrote:I *want* it to be alien, like he always has been.
Except he hasn't always been an alien, like in GvKG and GMK.
Obviously, I should have put "originally." My bad. GvKG they are kind of aliens. I mean they had androids and ufo time machines! But I guess not technically. He was an alien in the his various forms in the Mothra trilogy too wasn't he?
Last edited by Relair on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

The odds are that he will be an alien again, but I’d be fine if they go a similar route as 1991 with him being a mutation.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

This poll is hilariously lopsided.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Giant creature frozen in the ocean, covered in frozen, material that "isn't found on earth".

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

He NEEDS to be alien if they want to stay with the whole "nature always wins" thematic of the Monsterverse, that would make him an actual opposite of this Godzilla, a true antagonist and not just some natural competence and stuff like that.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Destorogoji wrote:He NEEDS to be alien if they want to stay with the whole "nature always wins" thematic of the Monsterverse, that would make him an actual opposite of this Godzilla, a true antagonist and not just some natural competence and stuff like that.
Being alien doesn't make something unnatural. Unless your point is that he's not native to Earth's ecosystem?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Destorogoji wrote:He NEEDS to be alien if they want to stay with the whole "nature always wins" thematic of the Monsterverse, that would make him an actual opposite of this Godzilla, a true antagonist and not just some natural competence and stuff like that.
One idea I recommended that way he keeps his alien routes as I said in the OP is he could've once been an earth monster but exposure to these alien microbes/bacteria that arrived on earth by a meteor or whatever mutated him hence why he has three head.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I hope he is an alien, one that ancient humans revered as a God. (Or have humanoid aliens bring him to Earth, and they are revered, and he is like a punishment)

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I’m not one of those people whose overly harsh on Heisei and Millenium Ghidorah, but it’s about time to bring Alien Ghidorah back, esp because it would tie into his original origins in GTTHM.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

What if he starts out as a normal creature but gets infected by some sort of alien infection and mutates into his 3-headed form?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

LegendZilla wrote:What if he starts out as a normal creature but gets infected by some sort of alien infection and mutates into his 3-headed form?
That's the only idea of him being an earth monster I'd be down for, that way it still has his alien connection. ;)

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

That's needlessly complicated compared to just having him pop out of a meteor.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.