Did anyone else ever believed Kong will ever naturally grow as big as 330 feet tall after the next several decades?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Did anyone else ever believed Kong will ever naturally grow as big as 330 feet tall after the next several decades?

Post by Maritonic »

GalacticPetey wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:One thing I’m really starting to hate is conversations like this, not even because of anyone here, but I’m anticipating really dumb adverts asking the viewers WHO WILL WIN, with taglines reminiscent of WHOEVER WINS, WE LOSE.

The thing is that this’ll be the first Godzilla film, since Godzilla X MG (if that counts) that has a Vs in the title, yet it’s being compared and treated more like BVS than a classic versus film. You never had people be like,”Oh my god will Destroyah win?”.
Because Kong isn't a kaiju created for Godzilla to fight like Mechagodzilla or Destroyah. He's his own character from an established franchise. This is a crossover film, not a standalone Godzilla film. It has more in common with Batman vs. Superman, Freddy vs. Jason, Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman than it does with Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla or Godzilla vs. Destroyah.
I think the best comparison would be, ya know, the movie where Kong and Godzilla already fought like 50 years ago.
Hahah, you're correct. My brain doesn't work so well before coffee.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Re: Did anyone else ever believed Kong will ever naturally grow as big as 330 feet tall after the next several decades?

Post by Relair »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:One thing I’m really starting to hate is conversations like this, not even because of anyone here, but I’m anticipating really dumb adverts asking the viewers WHO WILL WIN, with taglines reminiscent of WHOEVER WINS, WE LOSE.

The thing is that this’ll be the first Godzilla film, since Godzilla X MG (if that counts) that has a Vs in the title, yet it’s being compared and treated more like BVS than a classic versus film. You never had people be like,”Oh my god will Destroyah win?”.
I liked Alien vs. Predator! But that slogan was pretty awful. Serizawa should have saved "let them fight" for this movie, that would have been so freaking epic in a trailer.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I'm not really sure what they're doing with his height. He's still pretty similar in size in the comic which is based like 20+ years later from ksi I believe.

Added in 1 minute 48 seconds:
I love the "King vs Good" tagline.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

Cookson wrote:I'm not really sure what they're doing with his height. He's still pretty similar in size in the comic which is based like 20+ years later from ksi I believe.

Someone posted a side by side from the comic and a similar scene from K:SI and he was significantly bigger. Like 50% bigger. Wish I could remember which thread it was in.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Relair wrote:
Cookson wrote:I'm not really sure what they're doing with his height. He's still pretty similar in size in the comic which is based like 20+ years later from ksi I believe.

Someone posted a side by side from the comic and a similar scene from K:SI and he was significantly bigger. Like 50% bigger. Wish I could remember which thread it was in.
That was me!
Here it is:
Spoiler:
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I think 85 meters is a good height for Kong. Big but shorter than Godzilla like 1962
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

Destorogoji wrote: That was me!
Here it is:
Spoiler:
Thanks! Its doing the tiny microscopic spoiler image thing though T_T What thread was it from, so people can go check it out?

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Check the bottom of my signature. That's how I feel.
Last edited by ernesth100 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Tyrannoraptor
Monsterland Worker

Post by Tyrannoraptor »

I've posted this thread because somebody just mentioned that Kong will grow as big as 300 feet tall after reading the comic book titled, "The Birth of Kong"! ...so proceed there.
Last edited by Tyrannoraptor on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Yes. People like Living Corpse and other Kong fanboys genuinely managed to convince themselves of this absurd theory for a period of time. It appears reality has set in now, though, so their hope has turned to anger at fans who never agreed with their prediction, as if it's our fault they aren't getting a ridiculously oversized Kong they dream of for reasons unknown.
Last edited by BARAGONBREH on Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Let's not be complete assholes or you'll be getting warnings. :)

[quote=Tyrannoraptor]I've posted this thread because somebody just mentioned that Kong will grow as big as 300 feet tall after reading the comic book titled, "The Birth of Kong"! ...so proceed there.[/quote]
TY for the source. Didn't read it, but the act is appreciated.

OT: I don't think he'll break 100 meters. I'm thinking somewhere between 80-90 up till GvK.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Toho Kingdom Forums: for discussing kaiju related toys and Kong's height
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

BARAGONBREH wrote:Yes. People like Living Corpse and other Kong fanboys genuinely managed to convince themselves of this absurd theory for a period of time. It appears reality has set in now, though, so their hope has turned to anger at fans who never agreed with their prediction, as if it's our fault they aren't getting a ridiculously oversized Kong they dream of for reasons unknown.
I'm not a fan of Kong. :?

And it's absurd, the movie said he is still growing. What's absurd is that there is even a debate when word of god says he's gonna be big enough to fight Godzilla. Kind of needs to be for there to even be a movie which you seem to not want to be made.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Ivo-goji wrote:Toho Kingdom Forums: for discussing kaiju related toys and Kong's height
basically.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Ivo-goji wrote:I'll be relieved when this movie comes out and we can finally, finally talk about something other than Kong's height.
Ivo-goji wrote:They can hate him if they want. They just need to drop the subject of his height.

We've been doing this for three years.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Ivo-goji wrote:
Ivo-goji wrote:I'll be relieved when this movie comes out and we can finally, finally talk about something other than Kong's height.
Ivo-goji wrote:They can hate him if they want. They just need to drop the subject of his height.

We get it. You don't want to talk about Kong's height.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Maritonic wrote:
Ivo-goji wrote:

But he's right, the way some people are trolling it's like they don't want this film being made. Sorry folks but that ain't happening, they've gone through too much trouble to get both Godzilla and King Kong's rights, the movie comes out in 2 years and filming starts in November. It's happening, get over it. I personally would have liked to see Godzilla clash with the Pacific Rim world instead of yet another rematch. We don't always get what we want.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Living Corpse wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Ivo-goji wrote:
But he's right, the way some people are trolling it's like they don't want this film being made. Sorry folks but that ain't happening, they've gone through too much trouble to get both Godzilla and King Kong's rights, the movie comes out in 2 years and filming starts in November. It's happening, get over it. I personally would have liked to see Godzilla clash with the Pacific Rim world instead of yet another rematch. We don't always get what we want.
Why do you assume that because people are correctly pointing out Kong isn't going to be 300+ feet tall that "they don't want this film being made"? Are you under the impression the film won't get made if Kong is less than 330 feet tall, which he will be?

I personally can't wait to see GvK and a reasonable height difference between the two.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

BARAGONBREH wrote: Why do you assume that because people are correctly pointing out Kong isn't going to be 300+ feet tall that
I think you're assuming the "correct" height, kid. No one knows but the writers cause it's up to them.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

BARAGONBREH wrote:Why do you assume that because people are correctly pointing out Kong isn't going to be 300+ feet tall -
Ah. So you are attached to the script of future films then? Is that where you get this concrete proof from?

??? -

No one knows but the writers cause it's up to them.
This. Even then, it could have been changed from any number of sources from then to end product. THEN it could be changed last second or even on the home media release.