Lack of anticipation

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Re: Lack of anticipation

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Ryguy wrote: Eh, so am I, but it's only about 10 dollars to see movies, and I don't really buy much else that is a "want" rather than a "need" besides junk food, so it's not that serious for me. I'm far more concerned with the money I wasted on skreeonking useless textbooks this year -_-
I thought I was the only one bogged down with useless textbooks until I read this.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

The Baranosdragon
GPN Volunteer

Post by The Baranosdragon »

I can empathize with that, but to me, it's more the fact that it's so far away, rather than simply disliking the Monsterverse films overall.

It's like trying to get hyped over the upcoming Pokemon game on the Switch; there's simply nothing to be excited about yet. Forcing yourself to be hyped will only burn you out faster.
January 1st, 1929 - August 8th, 2017. May Haruo Nakajima Rest in Peace.

Futurian

Post by 3000 »

When is the trailer for Godzilla King Of The Monsters supposed to drop?
Member of TK Since 2006

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

3000 wrote:When is the trailer for Godzilla King Of The Monsters supposed to drop?
I'd imagine not for at least 5 or 6 months.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Probably in July at Comic Con
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
3000 wrote:When is the trailer for Godzilla King Of The Monsters supposed to drop?

Try 7 or 8 months to be more realistic. I'd expect them to drop it Comic Con in July and it could also be shown with ''The Meg'' film being released in August since it is coming in IMAX and 3D which is confirmed.

Either way June the earliest, August the latest. Still a ways to go.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:

Try 7 or 8 months to be more realistic. I'd expect them to drop it Comic Con in July and it could also be shown with ''The Meg'' film being released in August since it is coming in IMAX and 3D which is confirmed.

Either way June the earliest, August the latest. Still a ways to go.
Compared to how long we HAVE waited though 7-8 months isn't too far away. Frankly, I feel like it wasn't too long ago when we got the teaser trailer for Kong: Skull Island at SDCC 2016.
Last edited by Showa Gyaos on Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

SDCC will be here before you know it. Hell it's almost Christmas already.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

tenup wrote:Regarding this "monsterverse" it's cool to have this Godzilla sequel to look forward to. It's just that I have zero hype for it. I thought 2014 was decent but nothing special. With Kong it was more or less the same. These movies are not doing what Shin Godzilla did for me which left a lasting impression. On top of that Godzilla 2014 seemed to lose its momentum long ago. Even though there is Still room for potential in this cinematic universe I just think Legendary is just adapting a tired concept that is being overdone with the Marvel and DC films. Im all for Kong and Godzilla sharing the same universe but the 2 being put up against one another is not necessary IMO.
Man, I couldn't disagree more. I was beyond hyped to the moon for G14, Kong, and now every subsequent movie, and have not been disappointed one bit. G14's only letdown was a bland protagonist, Kong's wonderful casting remedied that completely. Shin was an interesting movie, but did not have nearly the same impact to me. I actually hope we don't get a Shin sequel where he grows wings and starts flying and shedding little zilla-people like fleas, he's already dangerously close to not even being Godzilla-ish enough as it is.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I’m to a point where I’m so excited, that I’m afraid I’m going to either burn out, by the time this film comes along, or I’m going to be thoroughly disappointed.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

It's hard for me to get excited until I see footage or hear more information about the plot. Outside of having Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah we know practically nothing about what direction Dougherty and Co are taking this film. As someone who hates G14 I simply can't get truly excited until I hear or see more. Having an almost entirely new creative team has peaked my interest considerably but I still do know enough to get truly excited. Once SDCC rolls around I'm certain that will change (one way or another).
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I'm excited simply due to Micheal Dougherty directing, as i wanted him to direct Godzilla 2014.

Plus with Trick R Treat and Krampus being Holiday favorites, and his approach with bringing the monsters more to the front line makes me even more excited. Plus he loves using practical effects whenever possible. As long as the script is decent, then it should be miles above Godzilla 2014.

That said i didn't hate G-2014 but was a bit disappointed in it. It doesn't have a lot of reply value. There really going to have to hype this up with the trailers to get the general audience back on board for another Godzilla though.

The trailer is gonna be nuts! We will def see Godzilla, and probably Mothra and Rodan and Ghidorah will be left out of the trailers.

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:I'm excited simply due to Micheal Dougherty directing, as i wanted him to direct Godzilla 2014.

Plus with Trick R Treat and Krampus being Holiday favorites, and his approach with bringing the monsters more to the front line makes me even more excited. Plus he loves using practical effects whenever possible. As long as the script is decent, then it should be miles above Godzilla 2014.

That said i didn't hate G-2014 but was a bit disappointed in it. It doesn't have a lot of reply value. There really going to have to hype this up with the trailers to get the general audience back on board for another Godzilla though.

The trailer is gonna be nuts! We will def see Godzilla, and probably Mothra and Rodan and Ghidorah will be left out of the trailers.
I think Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan will be in the trailers, But I do think King Ghidorah will be saved for the movie. He will be teased a lot though.
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."