MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
User avatar
Stump Feet
Futurian
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:45 am

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby Stump Feet » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:51 am

It definitely said Fiji.

There's a screenshot of the newspaper clippings somewhere if you can dig it out
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5267
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:53 pm

Headcanon: Clover and that whole NY incident (including Slusho subsidiaries) exists in the Monsterverse.

There's probably tons of holes, but it's much more fun to think of the possibilities.

Image
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
AllosaurHell
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:28 pm
Location: Baja Blast Temple, Hollow Earth

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby AllosaurHell » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:48 am

_JNavs_ wrote:Headcanon: Clover and that whole NY incident (including Slusho subsidiaries) exists in the Monsterverse.

There's probably tons of holes, but it's much more fun to think of the possibilities.

Image

I like to think that if Cloverfield exists in the Monsterverse (obviously pretend Paradox never ever happened) that he's a distant relative of the Mutos.
"Listen, it's a free country. It's not rent-free country."
- Mr. Ditkovich from Spider-Man 3.

Check out my YouTube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNmWOVX-6Whjz3BPwEMXG0Q https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYySx8TfhJp16vDvNTvTlRQ

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5267
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby _JNavs_ » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:10 am

AllosaurHell wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Headcanon: Clover and that whole NY incident (including Slusho subsidiaries) exists in the Monsterverse.

There's probably tons of holes, but it's much more fun to think of the possibilities.

Image

I like to think that if Cloverfield exists in the Monsterverse (obviously pretend Paradox never ever happened) that he's a distant relative of the Mutos.

Oh definitely Paradox was terrible :lol: .

For me I'd like Cloverfield to be an unknown variable, like Ghidorah was, an extraterrestrial dropped here at an unknown time, by an unknown source of an unknown planet. Keeping in-lore with Cloverfield still fits into the Monsterverse surprisingly.

Plus he's "only a baby" and we saw how big his mother was in Paradox... That'd be quite the existential threat.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
AllosaurHell
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:28 pm
Location: Baja Blast Temple, Hollow Earth

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby AllosaurHell » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:35 am

_JNavs_ wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Headcanon: Clover and that whole NY incident (including Slusho subsidiaries) exists in the Monsterverse.

There's probably tons of holes, but it's much more fun to think of the possibilities.

Image

I like to think that if Cloverfield exists in the Monsterverse (obviously pretend Paradox never ever happened) that he's a distant relative of the Mutos.

Oh definitely Paradox was terrible :lol: .

For me I'd like Cloverfield to be an unknown variable, like Ghidorah was, an extraterrestrial dropped here at an unknown time, by an unknown source of an unknown planet. Keeping in-lore with Cloverfield still fits into the Monsterverse surprisingly.

Plus he's "only a baby" and we saw how big his mother was in Paradox... That'd be quite the existential threat.

Hell, it's been proposed that a fully grown Cloverfield monster may actually be a biped unlike the baby which walks on all fours.
"Listen, it's a free country. It's not rent-free country."
- Mr. Ditkovich from Spider-Man 3.

Check out my YouTube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNmWOVX-6Whjz3BPwEMXG0Q https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYySx8TfhJp16vDvNTvTlRQ

User avatar
Destoroyah of Worlds
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 998
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby Destoroyah of Worlds » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:59 pm

- Monarch is named from Mothra, or legends of Mothra at least
- Kumonga and Kamacarus exist on Skull Island
- Godzilla: KOTM is the result of Godzilla 2 & 3 scripts and ideas being crammed together into one film. I believe if we got Godzilla 3 as intended and the deal for Godzilla vs. Kong didn't happen so soon, we'd a film more focused on Rodan and Mothra, with only the set up for Ghidorah occurring.
- The Muto is inspired by and related to Gigan
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

User avatar
Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2298
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: 連邦王国

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby Smuggers » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:43 am

Star Wars is canon to the Monsterverse, it just hasn't happened yet
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

User avatar
Destoroyah of Worlds
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 998
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby Destoroyah of Worlds » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:20 pm

Here's one about Mothra:

Mothra's species flaps dust on Godzilla which is absorbed like radiation. Which is why he tolerates the symbiotic relationship.

When Mothra was incinerated, Godzilla absorbed all the radiation at once, instead of little bits in moderation.

Mothra was probably one of the least durable kaiju in the ecosystem. And had to attach itself to an alpha like Godzilla by essentially being "fuel."

Creatures like the Muto, which kill others for radiation, were probably enemies of Mothra. While Godzilla's species was smart enough to keep them around for the long term gains.
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

User avatar
AllosaurHell
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:28 pm
Location: Baja Blast Temple, Hollow Earth

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby AllosaurHell » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:36 pm

The Gargantuas (Gaira and Sanda) exist, they are probably what Monarch created in the past if the newspaper reports about Monarch attempting to create their own monsters during KOTM's credits is any indication.

Added in 2 minutes 10 seconds:
The reason the Mexican flag has an eagle is because it was actually inspired by Rodan and the snake on the flag could be a species of Manda. I like this one because I'm a Mexican myself and since KOTM made Rodan into a Mexican kaiju and tying him closer to my culture just makes it much cooler to me.
"Listen, it's a free country. It's not rent-free country."
- Mr. Ditkovich from Spider-Man 3.

Check out my YouTube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNmWOVX-6Whjz3BPwEMXG0Q https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYySx8TfhJp16vDvNTvTlRQ

User avatar
Destoroyah of Worlds
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 998
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby Destoroyah of Worlds » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:16 pm

AllosaurHell wrote:The Gargantuas (Gaira and Sanda) exist, they are probably what Monarch created in the past if the newspaper reports about Monarch attempting to create their own monsters during KOTM's credits is any indication.

Added in 2 minutes 10 seconds:
The reason the Mexican flag has an eagle is because it was actually inspired by Rodan and the snake on the flag could be a species of Manda. I like this one because I'm a Mexican myself and since KOTM made Rodan into a Mexican kaiju and tying him closer to my culture just makes it much cooler to me.

I like the idea of Rodan being the phoenix on the flag. :)
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9529
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:36 pm

AllosaurHell wrote:The reason the Mexican flag has an eagle is because it was actually inspired by Rodan and the snake on the flag could be a species of Manda. I like this one because I'm a Mexican myself and since KOTM made Rodan into a Mexican kaiju and tying him closer to my culture just makes it much cooler to me.
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:I like the idea of Rodan being the phoenix on the flag. :)

One of my MonsterVerse headcanons is Rodan having inspired various avian and bat like beings in mythologies which includes the phoenix.

Camazotz by the ancient Mayans: God of death and destruction which Rodan brings from his sonic booms.
Phoenix by the Greeks: Due to volcanic like body hence the Phoenix' association with fire.
Roc by Middle Easterns: Middle Eastern people during historic times having witnessed Rodan grabbing elephants with his talons.
Thunderbird by First Nations (Canada) and Native Americans (U.S.A.).: Mistaking Rodan's sonic booms for thunder coming from his wings.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.

User avatar
Destoroyah of Worlds
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 998
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby Destoroyah of Worlds » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:49 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote:The reason the Mexican flag has an eagle is because it was actually inspired by Rodan and the snake on the flag could be a species of Manda. I like this one because I'm a Mexican myself and since KOTM made Rodan into a Mexican kaiju and tying him closer to my culture just makes it much cooler to me.
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:I like the idea of Rodan being the phoenix on the flag. :)

One of my MonsterVerse headcanons is Rodan having inspired various avian and bat like beings in mythologies which includes the phoenix.

Camazotz by the ancient Mayans: God of death and destruction which Rodan brings from his sonic booms.
Phoenix by the Greeks: Due to volcanic like body hence the Phoenix' association with fire.
Roc by Middle Easterns: Middle Eastern people during historic times having witnessed Rodan grabbing elephants with his talons.
Thunderbird by First Nations (Canada) and Native Americans (U.S.A.).: Mistaking Rodan's sonic booms for thunder coming from his wings.

I wouldn't go that far and saw he inspired all these creatures. Probably only ones in north and south america. He is still just a pterodactyl
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9529
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:55 pm

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:I wouldn't go that far and saw he inspired all these creatures. Probably only ones in north and south america. He is still just a pterodactyl

Boo! Let me just have my fun with headcanons. :P

Plus he's a giant monster and its also fiction. Laws and physics from the real world don't apply to it so he can easily fly across the world whenever he wants.

Besides too. The idea of Rodan carrying elephants away in his talons is cool as skreeonk to pass up on! :huge:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Stump Feet
Futurian
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:45 am

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby Stump Feet » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:03 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Besides too. The idea of Rodan carrying elephants away in his talons is cool as skreeonk to pass up on! :huge:

Geez how big are these elephants…
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5267
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby _JNavs_ » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:41 pm

The giant Tardigrade from the G14 trailers was just one casualty that the public wasn't aware of at the time. Similar to Kamoebas in Tokyo SOS, Godzilla and him duked it out, demolished a small town and the local Governments claimed it was some natural catastrophe. It's name was Vishnu and it was a multi-formed creature that didn't get to evolve because Godzilla gave him the fade.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5431
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:56 pm

I believe some really cool things happened offscreen in KOTM.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
Stump Feet
Futurian
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:45 am

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby Stump Feet » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:16 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I believe some really cool things happened offscreen in KOTM.

Yeah like the monster fights :rimshot:
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

User avatar
Destoroyah of Worlds
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 998
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby Destoroyah of Worlds » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:53 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I believe some really cool things happened offscreen in KOTM.

There were like 12 other monsters causing chaos, Skull Island, on monster attacks in cities that hadn't been evacuated.

A lot of cool stuff probably happened off screen is an understatement.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

User avatar
Stump Feet
Futurian
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:45 am

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby Stump Feet » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:39 pm

The stock footage pipe cleaner monsters from the US version of Godzilla Raids Again exist in the MonsterVerse.

Toho exists in the MonsterVerse and make distasteful movies based on the real world Titan events.

When Joe Brody was arrested in Japan, the police found a half ounce of Blue Stuff on him.

Jessie Pinkman works for Monarch now.

Madison Russell's username on Titan Kingdom forums is Gypsy Danger.

Robert Downey Jr. exists in the MonsterVerse.

Between 1954-2014, fish gradually ate Godzilla's ears off as he slept.

Racial profiling doesn't exist in the MonsterVerse.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

User avatar
AllosaurHell
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:28 pm
Location: Baja Blast Temple, Hollow Earth

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Postby AllosaurHell » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:00 pm

Manny from Ice Age is actually a younger version of Titanus-Behemoth.
"Listen, it's a free country. It's not rent-free country."
- Mr. Ditkovich from Spider-Man 3.

Check out my YouTube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNmWOVX-6Whjz3BPwEMXG0Q https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYySx8TfhJp16vDvNTvTlRQ


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests