MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Post by Stump Feet »

It definitely said Fiji.

There's a screenshot of the newspaper clippings somewhere if you can dig it out
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Headcanon: Clover and that whole NY incident (including Slusho subsidiaries) exists in the Monsterverse.

There's probably tons of holes, but it's much more fun to think of the possibilities.

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

_JNavs_ wrote:Headcanon: Clover and that whole NY incident (including Slusho subsidiaries) exists in the Monsterverse.

There's probably tons of holes, but it's much more fun to think of the possibilities.

I like to think that if Cloverfield exists in the Monsterverse (obviously pretend Paradox never ever happened) that he's a distant relative of the Mutos.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

AllosaurHell wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Headcanon: Clover and that whole NY incident (including Slusho subsidiaries) exists in the Monsterverse.

I like to think that if Cloverfield exists in the Monsterverse (obviously pretend Paradox never ever happened) that he's a distant relative of the Mutos.
Oh definitely Paradox was terrible :lol: .

For me I'd like Cloverfield to be an unknown variable, like Ghidorah was, an extraterrestrial dropped here at an unknown time, by an unknown source of an unknown planet. Keeping in-lore with Cloverfield still fits into the Monsterverse surprisingly.

Plus he's "only a baby" and we saw how big his mother was in Paradox... That'd be quite the existential threat.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

_JNavs_ wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote:

Oh definitely Paradox was terrible :lol: .

For me I'd like Cloverfield to be an unknown variable, like Ghidorah was, an extraterrestrial dropped here at an unknown time, by an unknown source of an unknown planet. Keeping in-lore with Cloverfield still fits into the Monsterverse surprisingly.

Plus he's "only a baby" and we saw how big his mother was in Paradox... That'd be quite the existential threat.
Hell, it's been proposed that a fully grown Cloverfield monster may actually be a biped unlike the baby which walks on all fours.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

- Monarch is named from Mothra, or legends of Mothra at least
- Kumonga and Kamacarus exist on Skull Island
- Godzilla: KOTM is the result of Godzilla 2 & 3 scripts and ideas being crammed together into one film. I believe if we got Godzilla 3 as intended and the deal for Godzilla vs. Kong didn't happen so soon, we'd a film more focused on Rodan and Mothra, with only the set up for Ghidorah occurring.
- The Muto is inspired by and related to Gigan
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Star Wars is canon to the Monsterverse, it just hasn't happened yet
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Here's one about Mothra:

Mothra's species flaps dust on Godzilla which is absorbed like radiation. Which is why he tolerates the symbiotic relationship.

When Mothra was incinerated, Godzilla absorbed all the radiation at once, instead of little bits in moderation.

Mothra was probably one of the least durable kaiju in the ecosystem. And had to attach itself to an alpha like Godzilla by essentially being "fuel."

Creatures like the Muto, which kill others for radiation, were probably enemies of Mothra. While Godzilla's species was smart enough to keep them around for the long term gains.
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

The Gargantuas (Gaira and Sanda) exist, they are probably what Monarch created in the past if the newspaper reports about Monarch attempting to create their own monsters during KOTM's credits is any indication.

Added in 2 minutes 10 seconds:
The reason the Mexican flag has an eagle is because it was actually inspired by Rodan and the snake on the flag could be a species of Manda. I like this one because I'm a Mexican myself and since KOTM made Rodan into a Mexican kaiju and tying him closer to my culture just makes it much cooler to me.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

AllosaurHell wrote:The Gargantuas (Gaira and Sanda) exist, they are probably what Monarch created in the past if the newspaper reports about Monarch attempting to create their own monsters during KOTM's credits is any indication.

Added in 2 minutes 10 seconds:
The reason the Mexican flag has an eagle is because it was actually inspired by Rodan and the snake on the flag could be a species of Manda. I like this one because I'm a Mexican myself and since KOTM made Rodan into a Mexican kaiju and tying him closer to my culture just makes it much cooler to me.
I like the idea of Rodan being the phoenix on the flag. :)

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

AllosaurHell wrote:The reason the Mexican flag has an eagle is because it was actually inspired by Rodan and the snake on the flag could be a species of Manda. I like this one because I'm a Mexican myself and since KOTM made Rodan into a Mexican kaiju and tying him closer to my culture just makes it much cooler to me.
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:I like the idea of Rodan being the phoenix on the flag. :)
One of my MonsterVerse headcanons is Rodan having inspired various avian and bat like beings in mythologies which includes the phoenix.

Camazotz by the ancient Mayans: God of death and destruction which Rodan brings from his sonic booms.
Phoenix by the Greeks: Due to volcanic like body hence the Phoenix' association with fire.
Roc by Middle Easterns: Middle Eastern people during historic times having witnessed Rodan grabbing elephants with his talons.
Thunderbird by First Nations (Canada) and Native Americans (U.S.A.).: Mistaking Rodan's sonic booms for thunder coming from his wings.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote:The reason the Mexican flag has an eagle is because it was actually inspired by Rodan and the snake on the flag could be a species of Manda. I like this one because I'm a Mexican myself and since KOTM made Rodan into a Mexican kaiju and tying him closer to my culture just makes it much cooler to me.
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:I like the idea of Rodan being the phoenix on the flag. :)
One of my MonsterVerse headcanons is Rodan having inspired various avian and bat like beings in mythologies which includes the phoenix.

Camazotz by the ancient Mayans: God of death and destruction which Rodan brings from his sonic booms.
Phoenix by the Greeks: Due to volcanic like body hence the Phoenix' association with fire.
Roc by Middle Easterns: Middle Eastern people during historic times having witnessed Rodan grabbing elephants with his talons.
Thunderbird by First Nations (Canada) and Native Americans (U.S.A.).: Mistaking Rodan's sonic booms for thunder coming from his wings.
I wouldn't go that far and saw he inspired all these creatures. Probably only ones in north and south america. He is still just a pterodactyl

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:I wouldn't go that far and saw he inspired all these creatures. Probably only ones in north and south america. He is still just a pterodactyl
Boo! Let me just have my fun with headcanons. :P

Plus he's a giant monster and its also fiction. Laws and physics from the real world don't apply to it so he can easily fly across the world whenever he wants.

Besides too. The idea of Rodan carrying elephants away in his talons is cool as skreeonk to pass up on! :huge:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Besides too. The idea of Rodan carrying elephants away in his talons is cool as skreeonk to pass up on! :huge:
Geez how big are these elephants…
Long Live The Sting

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

The giant Tardigrade from the G14 trailers was just one casualty that the public wasn't aware of at the time. Similar to Kamoebas in Tokyo SOS, Godzilla and him duked it out, demolished a small town and the local Governments claimed it was some natural catastrophe. It's name was Vishnu and it was a multi-formed creature that didn't get to evolve because Godzilla gave him the fade.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I believe some really cool things happened offscreen in KOTM.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I believe some really cool things happened offscreen in KOTM.
Yeah like the monster fights :rimshot:
Long Live The Sting

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I believe some really cool things happened offscreen in KOTM.
There were like 12 other monsters causing chaos, Skull Island, on monster attacks in cities that hadn't been evacuated.

A lot of cool stuff probably happened off screen is an understatement.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

The stock footage pipe cleaner monsters from the US version of Godzilla Raids Again exist in the MonsterVerse.

Toho exists in the MonsterVerse and make distasteful movies based on the real world Titan events.

When Joe Brody was arrested in Japan, the police found a half ounce of Blue Stuff on him.

Jessie Pinkman works for Monarch now.

Madison Russell's username on Titan Kingdom forums is Gypsy Danger.

Robert Downey Jr. exists in the MonsterVerse.

Between 1954-2014, fish gradually ate Godzilla's ears off as he slept.

Racial profiling doesn't exist in the MonsterVerse.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Long Live The Sting

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Manny from Ice Age is actually a younger version of Titanus-Behemoth.