MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Post by ernesth100 »

Destorogoji wrote:King Ghidorah has made a few incursions into Earth, the first one caused the Permian extinction, many Godzillas fought him and made him retreat into space; the second one was during the Ice Age, he killed most (if not all) of what was left of Godzilla's already weakened species, but our Godzilla defeated him in the Arctic, then left him believing he was death, when truly he just entered a coma-like state to recover his energy.

Monarch will mess everything up and like a kid poking a squirel with a stick, they will do experiments on Ghidorah; accidentaly awaking him from his sleep.
I'm pretty sure they are going to be disbanded for their actions.
Im hoping to God(zilla) that they go this route. I hope Ghidorah's an alien as that would allow for a much more open future for the series should it continue into G3.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

The military (and or MONARCH) will pull a Kiryu and use the skeleton of the dead Godzilla (Adam) as a frame to construct Mechagodzilla.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

mechagodzilla27
Yojimbo

Post by mechagodzilla27 »

my head cannon is that godzilla is not the last of his kind
time to protect people

:mechagodzilla:

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

mechagodzilla27 wrote:my head cannon is that godzilla is not the last of his kind
That'd be an interesting story to play out.
GodzillaFreak99 wrote:The military (and or MONARCH) will pull a Kiryu and use the skeleton of the dead Godzilla (Adam) as a frame to construct Mechagodzilla.
More than likely have already begun production by the time KotM rolls around.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

My headcannon's a streeetch & definitely not possible but its this:
Rampage is part of the Monsterverse
The mutating agent that turned animals into kaiju from the movie is made from extracted genes of the Space Amoeba
Space Amoeba is what'll cause Kong to gain his increased near 300 ft height & Godzilla to gain any new abilities or changes in his look.
Maybe just that last one could remotely fit in with the Monsterverse.
Ghidorah is an alien, Mothra has her own island & worshippers & two high priestesses & Rodan is from the Jurassic period. & this is all true(in my dumb headcannon) despite what might be explained in G2 unless I really like what they come up with.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

^lol. I really like the commitment to this approach to headcannon. “The info presented in the film is literally just a lie”.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Gojira1604 wrote:My headcannon's a streeetch & definitely not possible but its this:
Rampage is part of the Monsterverse
The mutating agent that turned animals into kaiju from the movie is made from extracted genes of the Space Amoeba
Space Amoeba is what'll cause Kong to gain his increased near 300 ft height & Godzilla to gain any new abilities or changes in his look.
Maybe just that last one could remotely fit in with the Monsterverse.
Ghidorah is an alien, Mothra has her own island & worshippers & two high priestesses & Rodan is from the Jurassic period. & this is all true(in my dumb headcannon) despite what might be explained in G2 unless I really like what they come up with.
Love the commitment and you explained it very well. Ghidorah as an alien is my head-canon as well.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Already mentioned in the wishlist thread but here's my headcanon timeline.

250 million years ago: King Ghidorah arrives on earth causing the Permian-Triassic Extinction and killing off Godzilla's species before retreating into space wounded leaving an young creature (Godzilla) to watch him flying off swearing revenge if he ever returns.

65 million years ago: A younger and weaker species of Ghidorah named Desghidorah arrives on earth in the form of the asteroid causing the Cretaceous-Palogene Extinction Event that would kill off the dinosaurs. Due to his resemblance to King Ghidorah. Godzilla (Now fully grown) fights him ending in a stalemate leaving both of them almost fatally wounded with Godzilla retreating into the ocean to heal while Desghidorah due to being too wounded to leave earth goes into an state of suspended animation to heal that will take millions of years.

12,900 years ago: King Ghidorah returns to earth in the form of the Younger Dryas impact hypothesis leading to Godzilla fighting him along with the help of Mothra and two Rodan's. During the course of the fight. One of the Rodan's are killed and their fight eventually leading them to Antarctica where they defeat King Ghidorah who gets covered by an avalanche. With King Ghidorah supposedly killed, the three then parts their ways (With Rodan mourning the loss of his mate). During the fight, an tribe of human hunters had experienced the earth-shattering fight leading to the cave paintings seen in the post-credits of Kong: Skull Island.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon May 14, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

The Skull Crawlers are offshoot distant relatives to Godzilla' s species.

Using the bones of Adam and Kong's parents, robot versions of Godzilla and Kong were created for use against other giant monsters.

The gorilla kept in the MUTO museum from Awakening is a part of Kong's species, possibly a dwarf Kong.

The Shinomura and MUTO pair are related.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:The Skull Crawlers are offshoot distant relatives to Godzilla' s species.

Using the bones of Adam and Kong's parents, robot versions of Godzilla and Kong were created for use against other giant monsters.

The gorilla kept in the MUTO museum from Awakening is a part of Kong's species, possibly a dwarf Kong.

I disagree with ur headcanon cause I'm with this other guy's headcanon that the Skullcrawlers evolved from Dallasaurus type creatures, Dallasaurus being from post 250 mya, when Awakening said Godzilla's from. (Though I do have them as a distantly related species in my headcanon of Godzilla Neo due to Matt Frank having Legendary Goji & the Crawlers being from the same time period. Not that that matters cause like that's just a fanart lore)
Also, The MUTOS & Shinomura are like, nothing alike. Godzilla prolly has more similarity to the Mutos than Shino.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Gojira1604 wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:The Skull Crawlers are offshoot distant relatives to Godzilla' s species.

I disagree with ur headcanon cause I'm with this other guy's headcanon that the Skullcrawlers evolved from Dallasaurus type creatures, Dallasaurus being from post 250 mya, when Awakening said Godzilla's from. (Though I do have them as a distantly related species in my headcanon of Godzilla Neo due to Matt Frank having Legendary Goji & the Crawlers being from the same time period. Not that that matters cause like that's just a fanart lore)
Also, The MUTOS & Shinomura are like, nothing alike. Godzilla prolly has more similarity to the Mutos than Shino.
Didn't know you were the dictator of head canons, sorry.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Gojira1604 wrote:

Didn't know you were the dictator of head canons, sorry.
Lol yeah I'm not but like I just saw yours and thought, that's something that doesn't line up with my headcanon & how I interpret the lore & wanted to express my thoughts towards your thoughts cause, we can disagree here can't we. Of course you can believe what you wish & think makes most sense.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I'm telling you, guys. I'm getting this feeling that they'll make Destroy All Monsters be like Infinity War.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Skull Crawlers were the inspiration of lindworms, tatselwurms and wyrms in myths and legends. This was through isolated encounters with them during prehistoric and historic times where they popped up across the world from the hollow earth.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Here's a list of my headcanons:

-Godzilla and Mothra are Co-Alphas in their pack (or as I call it, kingdom). One of them can rule in the absence of the other and both resist other Alphas. They also command the same authority from "lower" monsters.

-Rodan isn't too far below Alpha level and would have resisted Ghidorah's call only to take him on alone and suffer the same fate anyway. The only reason he became subservient of King Ghidorah was because he was beaten into submission and the reason he accepted Godzilla as Alpha was a mix of fear and respect in that he respected Godzilla for killing the one that enslaved him and was afraid to challenge the monster that beat such a strong foe.

King Ghidorah's heads retain the same personality no matter what he regenerates from. Say if he regenrated from the left head, the middle head would grow and resume it's status as the "true" Ghidorah.

-King Ghidorah caused some sort of mass extinction event in the past before being stopped by other titans (presumably Godzilla and Mothra).

-Godzilla is practically immortal as he is immune to disease and his lifespan is so incomprehensibly long he may as well never die of natural causes provided he receives sustenance.

-Mothra is even more immortallish as she can reincarnate from non-natural deaths through her egg-larva-imago life cycle with all her memory and soul intact. Additionally, she also has similar lifespan and immunity as Godzilla on top of reincarnation.

-King Ghidorah has a true infinite lifespan, does not require any sustenance and is immune to both disease and bioweapons. and thanks to his regeneration, he will only die if every last cell of him is completely eradicated.

-All other titans (that have been seen so far) are immune to most fatal diseases (though there are exceptions and they can be afflicted with non-fatal diseases that may hinder their lifestyles) and have absurdly long but not Godzilla or Mothra level lifespans. To humans, they may as well be immortal anyways.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

I've had a headcanon for over a year that Rampage is unofficially set in the MonsterVerse continuity. I expected that headcanon to get sunk with KOTM, but hilariously after seeing the movie twice I not only have seen nothing to contradict the idea...the movie may even circumstantially SUPPORT the idea of Rampage being in continuity! XD

So, yeah, that's the big one I have at the moment. I expect that to never come true, but I'm going to enjoy that it technically fits right in without really any issue right up until presumably either GvK or Rampage 2 smothers the idea. :lol:

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

I guess a fan theory, although I do hope is the case. It isn’t something absurd or crazy, but rather very simple:

Godzilla in the Monsterverse films is the last of his kind.
Long Live The King

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

That city beneath the sea has a name: R'lyeh.

But we can't call it that, so we're going to call it Seatopia.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Ivo-goji wrote:That city beneath the sea has a name: R'lyeh.

Seatopia would be a way better name. I don`t know why you`d go for some random cthulu mythos stuff when we have Godzilla stuff that clearly works.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Ivo-goji wrote:That city beneath the sea has a name: R'lyeh.

Wait, why? R'lyeh is not copyrighted, as far as I'm aware. (Granted, I'd prefer calling it Seatopia or Mu or something...)