MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

On top of Quetzalcoatl and Camazotz, there are more Aztec/Mayan based titans notably Tezcatlipoca (Jaguar titan) and Cipactli (Crocodile-Fish-Salamander/Newt titan).

Also, like in the myths. Both titans Quetzalcoatl and Tezcatlipoca have a history with one another similar to that of Godzilla with the MUTOS and King Ghidorah. Quetzalcoatl who detests human sacrifices is a protector titan whereas Tezcatlipoca is a destroyer titan given his need for human sacrifices in Aztec myths.

Cipactli is also a destroyer titan.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Emma Russel's theory on MUTO Prime being a "parent superspecies" to the MUTOs was wrong, and MUTO Prime was actually Orga having absorbed MUTO DNA. The MUTO Prime that Godzilla fights in Godzilla: Awakening wasn't the same MUTO Prime (Orga) that fought Dagon in ancient times.

Dagon was Godzilla.

When "MUTO Prime" (Orga) stabbed him with its tentacles, it didn't lay eggs in his body but absorbed his DNA, and after it left, it turned into something that more resembles the traditional Orga from Godzilla 2000: Millennium. After waking up, Godzilla tracked Orga down, fought it a second time, and eventually won.

The millennian that becomes "MUTO Prime" (Orga) woke up from hearing the mating calls of the MUTOs in the film, and achieved its form by sneaking into San Francisco Bay and extracting DNA from the female MUTO's then-sunken corpse underwater prior to it being airlifted and taken to Outpost 54, before retreating some undisclosed location and merging with the DNA thus becoming Orga.

Just like its predecessor in ancient times, "MUTO Prime" (Orga) wasn't looking to use Godzilla as a means of reproduction, but was looking to extract and absorb his DNA and gain a more perfect form (think back to Godzilla 2000: Millennium).

The dead Godzillasaurus (I'm just calling it that for skreeonking simplicity's sake) in Godzilla (2014) was still killed by MUTOs, not "MUTO Prime," just like the writers and director originally intended.

I will never, EVER use this concept in a Kaiju War Chronicles/Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded match, so don't worry.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Some of these while great are not head canon or fan theories, just fanfiction.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Spoiler:
After seeing this fanart of Burrunjor as a kangaroo titan. I'm adopting this idea as one of my headcanon titans. :D

It makes sense too given Australia and some theorizing the cryptid being a surviving member of meat-eating kangaroos that once lived on the continent. Either that or a carnivorous marsupial that evolved a body structure similar to theropod dinosaurs which one of those two I envision the Burrunjor being in the hypothetical world of Cryptozoologicon.

https://cryptidz.fandom.com/wiki/Burrun ... supial.png

This too looks like it'd make for a wicked titan design.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Since we're speculating on mythical creatures and cryptids, what about the Egyptian Ammut? A titan stemming from the Ambulocetidae family, ancient whales, could well inspire such a beast.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Here's one, with Ghidorah dead and Mothra reincarnating Godzilla, Rodan and Kong are the only three who can rule the Titans as Alpha. If these three were gone the Titans would fall into Civil War.

Second one: Muto Prime is the one who scared and forced Barb into her slumber. Barb respects the Hierarchy and knew that Godzilla was a necessary part of it as King. Prime however wanted to breed out of control and that's why the Titans are gone. There was a Titan war where Prime and her children faces off with the other Titans in addition to the radiation levels going down which ended the Titans reign.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Kong seems happy to stay on his island, so it's really Godzilla and Rodan in charge of the world's Titans.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

In my own bizarro world head canon that is shaped entirely by my lifelong kaiju fandom, there is a whole backstory to the present day events of the MonsterVerse films involving the hierarchy and alliances between the Titans.

Godzilla, Kong, and Gamera are "The Three Kings", the King of the Sea (Godzilla), the King of the Land (Kong), and the King of the Sky (Gamera) and they all have alliances with different species of creatures and Titans. The Kongs rule over the various species you see on Skull Island with one Kong at the head and a much wider territory than we see in the films. Godzillas of course have their bonds to the Mothras and probably some of the various creatures you saw in KOTM. And Gamera, who in my mind is still a bio-mechanical creation of an ancient civilization is the King of those type of monsters, the artificially created ones.

For some reason, I have The Dark Crystal on the brain where the natural radiation of the planet that feeds the monsters is subsiding, and they are slowly dying off as the world evolves. Go back and watch The Dark Crystal when they talk about the Skeksis and the Mystics and how "Now, there are only 10". I picture a similar thing here. The Godzillas and the Kongs were once proud and mighty races...and now there are only a handful of each.

The ancient groups of humanoids all worship the various monsters and they have their own cultures. Obviously, Mothra's civilization involves her mystical fairies that serve as priestesses and there is an alliance between Mothra's followers and Godzilla's. The ones that created Gamera are probably the closest thing to a scientifically advanced society in this ancient world, while Kong's people take after him in the ways of hunting, survival, bravery, and ingenuity with creating primitive weapons and such.

King Ghidorah's arrival in the ancient past and his terraforming of Earth led to the the Pangea being separated into the Earth we see now, reducing the natural radiation the monsters fed on even further to almost nothing, and the Titans' world being irrevocably reshaped, killing most of them and forcing the rest into hibernation. This led to the super species of Mothras, Rodans, and Kongs to be almost entirely wiped out while the few survivors hibernated. Ghidorah also defeated Gamera and the bio-mechanics, leaving them in stasis underwater, waiting for the day to be reawakened. Our Godzilla, now the last of his kind, battled Ghidorah in Antarctica and defeated him with the help of a few other monsters, but the damage was already done and what was left of the Titans and their world was forced into hiding.

This almost has a LOTR backstory feel to it, but hey, lol. Its my head canon and I'll do what I want with it.
Last edited by GojiDog on Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Amelia Earhart crashed her plain on Skull Island.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GojiDog wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:35 am In my own bizarro world head canon that is shaped entirely by my lifelong kaiju fandom, there is a whole backstory to the present day events of the MonsterVerse films involving the hierarchy and alliances between the Titans.

Godzilla, Kong, and Gamera are "The Three Kings", the King of the Sea (Godzilla), the King of the Land (Kong), and the King of the Sky (Gamera) and they all have alliances with different species of creatures and Titans. The Kongs rule over the various species you see on Skull Island with one Kong at the head and a much wider territory than we see in the films. Godzillas of course have their bonds to the Mothras and probably some of the various creatures you saw in KOTM. And Gamera, who in my mind is still a bio-mechanical creation of an ancient civilization is the King of those type of monsters, the artificially created ones.

For some reason, I have The Dark Crystal on the brain where the natural radiation of the planet that feeds the monsters is subsiding, and they are slowly dying off as the world evolves. Go back and watch The Dark Crystal when they talk about the Skeksis and the Mystics and how "Now, there are only 10". I picture a similar thing here. The Godzillas and the Kongs were once proud and mighty races...and now there are only a handful of each.

The ancient groups of humanoids all worship the various monsters and they have their own cultures. Obviously, Mothra's civilization involves her mystical fairies that serve as priestesses and there is an alliance between Mothra's followers and Godzilla's. The ones that created Gamera are probably the closest thing to a scientifically advanced society in this ancient world, while Kong's people take after him in the ways of hunting, survival, bravery, and ingenuity with creating primitive weapons and such.

King Ghidorah's arrival in the ancient past and his terraforming of Earth led to the the Pangea being separated into the Earth we see now, reducing the natural radiation the monsters fed on even further to almost nothing, and the Titans' world being irrevocably reshaped, killing most of them and forcing the rest into hibernation. This led to the super species of Mothras, Rodans, and Kongs to be almost entirely wiped out while the few survivors hibernated. Ghidorah also defeated Gamera and the bio-mechanics, leaving them in stasis underwater, waiting for the day to be reawakened. Our Godzilla, now the last of his kind, battled Ghidorah in Antarctica and defeated him with the help of a few other monsters, but the damage was already done and what was left of the Titans and their world was forced into hiding.

This almost has a LOTR backstory feel to it, but hey, lol. Its my head canon and I'll do what I want with it.
Rodan is King of the Skies is the only problem with your head canon.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

kingkevzilla88 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:31 pm Amelia Earhart crashed her plain on Skull Island.
How about the UB 85? A U Boat was taken by the British in the Irish sea, and the captain claimed a sea monster was the cause. In truth, it wasn't a monster that doomed the U Boat, but in the MV....

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Conrad's father was killed by a second (female) Rodan that's still out there roaming the planet; said second Rodan is responsible for a majority of UFO sightings throughout the 20th and early 21st century..

And now that the male Rodan has woken up in 2019... ... ...

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

It would be cool seeing something about the supposed Black Knight Satellite conspiracy theory!
Image Image

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

KingKong2005 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:27 pm It would be cool seeing something about the supposed Black Knight Satellite conspiracy theory!
Female Rodan? Gigan? Xillien ship?

... ... ...Millennian UFO, perhaps...? :shock:

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

edgaguirus wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:55 pm
kingkevzilla88 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:31 pm Amelia Earhart crashed her plain on Skull Island.
How about the UB 85? A U Boat was taken by the British in the Irish sea, and the captain claimed a sea monster was the cause. In truth, it wasn't a monster that doomed the U Boat, but in the MV....
I think that differently happend. I'm all for that being turned into a movie, it's an interesting story.

Another cryptozoology related incident, that I would like to see made into a movie, The Pensacola Sea Serpent.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

kingkevzilla88 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:06 amAnother cryptozoology related incident, that I would like to see made into a movie, The Pensacola Sea Serpent.
Potential for Manda to be brought into the MonsterVerse, perhaps?

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:26 pm
kingkevzilla88 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:06 amAnother cryptozoology related incident, that I would like to see made into a movie, The Pensacola Sea Serpent.
Potential for Manda to be brought into the MonsterVerse, perhaps?
That could work, but I think like a smaller scale movie would work better for this story. Something like the Shallows might be more in line with what happened.

Honestly, it is a very interesting and tragic story that's worth looking into.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Head-canon for Monarch Outposts: There used to be two Monarch Outposts in Antartica. When Ghidorah had crashed onto earth, a small Space Bacteria had latched onto his meteor. Most of it burned upon impact, all except a very small piece. This piece of bacteria acts like Shinomura. It’s cellular. Nearly dying due to not finding a suitable host, an arctic wolf appears and inspects the crash sight. It is then infected, and the events of John Carpenter’s The Thing play out. The Thing ends up getting killed in the massive explosion that destroys the Monarch Outpost as well. Kurt Russel’s MacReady and Childs survive the events thanks to the other Monarch Outpost withholding Ghidorah arrived. They study King Ghidorah and by the events of 2019, are senior advisors for kaiju (specifically Alien) at Monarch.

King Ghidorah had crash landed into Antartica in ancient times, he has had multiple battles against Godzilla and other titans, and he was as powerful as an amped Ghidorah in Boston due to the earth being 10x more radioactive than it is today. This is why we see in the murals that Rodan and Mothra teamed with Godzilla to defeat Ghidorah and bury him in the ice. He was powerful enough that 3 kaiju were required to beat him. So he is buried back where his crash sight was. How did The Thing last so long near the crash sight for millions of years? Absorbing radiation from the meteor crash sight, millions of years later drying up and running out. By 1982's The Thing, The Thing needs more food. It officially ran off things to feed on. And that is when the wolf of the film appears and becomes infected!
Image Image

m0nster01
Samurai

Post by m0nster01 »

Being embedded in the ice for such a long time, King Ghidorah has manifested dark psychic energy forces and has reached out to select diseased and evil minds across the world.

Herod, Caligula, Jack the Ripper, Hitler, the Zodiac Killer...Ghidorah's evil presence has inspired or accelerated the proliferation of evil.

Furthermore, his presence on earth has also been referenced in human created media, such as William Blake's the Great Red Dragon and countless tales of evil dragons.

[Pic]https://images.app.goo.gl/YkbgfAzJ37rx66Lf7[/Pic]

[Pic]https://images.app.goo.gl/xZP4Bn46iY9vfTA9A[/Pic]
Last edited by m0nster01 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

This theory may also go to the other continuities/categories. but I couldn't find a General Headcanon thread, so here it is.

A possibility as to why Godzilla's legs are usually what they are, are because not do they support thick femurs and tibias, but also that they contain a few air pockets/sags (or at least containing some kind of super-light bio-produced gas) in the thighs and calves. So he can not only keep his legs up when swimming, but also keep afloat at about leg-level, even in deep waters.

Though I might be thinking of ebullism or air embolism. And yes those are actual things.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)