What original creations would you like to see?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LegendZilla
Sazer

What original creations would you like to see?

Post by LegendZilla »

Hello once again fellow board members, for today I would like to bring up yet another subject. As much as we all want to see as many of Toho's (and possibly Warner Bros's) established kaiju characters show up in this continuity, I can't help but feel it has gotten a tad tiresome debating as to which ones derserve it the most. As a change of pace, why not we discuss what sorts of original creations that WB/Legendary could have up their sleeves based on what we've seen so far (i.e the MUTOs and the Skullcrawlers).

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Re: What original creations would you like to see?

Post by Ryguy »

A new subspecies of Godzilla's, or perhaps a new species of his genus. Something bigger, cooler, more teeth

Would love to see this in the future as the villain of Godzilla 3
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

Maybe something with nasty, jagged teeth and tentacles and with white, spectral eyes.
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

A Yeti based simian rival to King Kong. Lot of potential for if Kong gets a sequel.

I would also love to see an bear based kaiju. Bears are already fierce looking and big, that and we need more mammalian kaijus.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:A Yeti based simian rival to King Kong. Lot of potential for if Kong gets a sequel.

I would also love to see an bear based kaiju. Bears are already fierce looking and big, that and we need more mammalian kaijus.
^^These
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

morgoth wrote:^^These
Glad someone agrees. Lets admit it, those two ideal concepts are just fascinating to think about. :huge:

LegendaryGoji
Monarch Researcher

Post by LegendaryGoji »

Coming across this fanmade Cloverfield fanart again made me realize it'd be kinda cool to see a whale-looking kaiju, or a similar looking marine one in general.
THE DEVIL HAS THREE HEADS

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Whales are already very large animals. I'd be up for a whale kaiju.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

It appears a ton of people are quick to jump on the whole "evil clone/duplicate" bandwagon" when it comes for new foes for Godzilla and Kong to face. Well it does sound cool in theory, but if we include both that and Mechagodzilla in the Monsterverse, things would get repetitive really quick. We can really only have one or the other.

Speaking of which, by the time of Godzilla 3 instead of completely going by the aforementioned trope, I'd prefer if Godzilla went up against a whole new creature(s) made from his DNA.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Well same things I wanted to see in Skull Island. Something like a giant tiger or giant bear. Lets get some other mammals for Kong to fight. I kind of like the Yeti idea, just needs to look different enough from Kong.
Something mookish for Godzilla too. Giant insects make great mooks like Kamacuras.

marcdrac
GPN Volunteer

Post by marcdrac »

I just hope that if they do original kaijus, is that they are not insects, arachnids or crustaceans or reptiles, dinosaurs or dragons and even less a mixture of the mentioned species!

LegendaryGoji
Monarch Researcher

Post by LegendaryGoji »

Um, you'd pretty much be constraining creative kaiju designs with that lack of options.
Last edited by LegendaryGoji on Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE DEVIL HAS THREE HEADS

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Another kaiju I'd like to see who could be a great foe for Kong would be an saber-toothed cat based monster.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I know I might be cheating on this one because I am not suggesting an entirely original creation, but maybe they could re-introduce the whole concept of Gigantis from the initial stateside release of the second film. Such a creature could be a a botched attempt to clone Godzilla in the form of a hideous, malformed abomination.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

A giant elephant.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Living Corpse wrote:A giant elephant.
Don't you mean giant-er?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LegendaryGoji wrote: Coming across this fanmade Cloverfield fanart again made me realize it'd be kinda cool to see a whale-looking kaiju, or a similar looking marine one in general.
I always wanted to see this creature, or something similar, in a film. Such an awesome design.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I could get banned for this.... But....
Spoiler:
Bagan :lol: :lol: :lol:

OpteraKaiju92
Ronin

Post by OpteraKaiju92 »

Id like to see something less creepy but more terriying than Hedorah if that makes sense. Definitiely have it feed off pollution and toxic waste to resonate with todays environment similar to the natural disasters in Godzilla 2014. I know Daghara also eats garbage as well so maybe some sort of combination of both kaiju.
Last edited by OpteraKaiju92 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What you habitually think largely determines what you will ultimately become" - Bruce Lee

Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

I was wondering how a giant mole might turn out.