The skull crawlers are related to Godzilla aren't they?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

The skull crawlers are related to Godzilla aren't they?

Post by miguelnuva »

I thought it was stated that they were a cousin species to Godzilla, if so maybe they call out to Godzilla for help against Kong.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: The skull crawlers are related to Godzilla aren't they?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Nah I don't think they're even related to Godzilla at all, at most its quite possible Godzilla encountered them in the past, otherwise there's no relation. Besides they don't even look alike.

Skull Crawlers I think are evolved Drepanosaurs, non-Serpentes members of the Ophidia clade (like Tetrapodophis) or basal, land-dwelling mosasaurs (like Aigialosaurus and Dallasaurus), perhaps maybe even a sister clade of mosasaurs.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Re: The skull crawlers are related to Godzilla aren't they?

Post by NSZ »

miguelnuva wrote:I thought it was stated that they were a cousin species to Godzilla, if so maybe they call out to Godzilla for help against Kong.
The only source that said this was one columnist with absolutely nothing backing up their claim. Not even quotation marks to make it look as though they were quoting someone on the production team.

Safe to say they were pulling the connection out of their ass for cheap clickbait.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"