Godzilla vs. Kong Notable Moments

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Who Had The Better Notable Moments In Their Introductory Film? (Entrance, Finisher, Etc.)

Godzilla
81%
Kong
19%

Total votes: 32

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Godzilla vs. Kong Notable Moments

Post by Moogabunga »

Both Godzilla and Kong have now had their introductory films in the Monsterverse, and both can attest to having some truly epic scenes in each installment...but whose were better?

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Notable Moments

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Godzilla, only because it was executed almost perfectly and had a fine build up.

Kong's introduction is almost as good. It's just that we were thrown right into it. Nothing bad about that, I just feel the slow crawl in Godzilla had a higher peak moment. The cutaways need to stop, though.
Last edited by Showa Gyaos on Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

The Kiss of Death alone beats out anything else in the series right now for me. Plus, the sheer presence and gravitas that Godzilla AND the mutos possessed whenever they were onscreen was excellent. Kong was really, really good as well, but I feel as though the slow burn that Godzilla had helped a lot more in making those epic moments that much more grand and satisfying. Slow build ups that lead into satisfying action sequences will always reign supreme imo.

#BotM

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Godzilla165 wrote:The Kiss of Death alone beats out anything else in the series right now for me. Plus, the sheer presence and gravitas that Godzilla AND the mutos possessed whenever they were onscreen was excellent. Kong was really, really good as well, but I feel as though the slow burn that Godzilla had helped a lot more in making those epic moments that much more grand and satisfying. Slow build ups that lead into satisfying action sequences will always reign supreme imo.
^This

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzilla takes the win purely for being the first cinematic outing of the character in ten years, and the second American film in almost 17 years. Seeing him for the first time on the big screen was an unforgettable moment for me and one I'll never forget.

While Kong's absence has been a little longer, I don't have as big of an emotional attachment to the character as I do with Godzilla.

From a narrative standpoint, I think Kong's entrance was better than Godzilla's. Not only is it an amazingly shot scene, the attack on the helicopters is the catalyst that sets the entire film's conflict in motion. Godzilla's entrance was damn satisfying, though as stated above.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Kong, Godzilla doesn't even come out in G14. :)
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

scottzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by scottzilla »

Godzilla. Kong has more fun parts sure, but every time Godzilla is on screen is just amazing. His entrance and kiss of death are legendary(no pun intended)

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Kong, Godzilla doesn't even come out in G14. :)
I know, right?When will that big goof just admit he has a thing for anguirus!

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Godzilla. Kong is badass, sure, but Godzilla just steals the show whenever he's on screen

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I feel the shot of Kong silhouetted against the setting sun trumps every single shot in G14. Honestly the best shot in G14 is when he rises out of the water in SF. It's just a nice clear shot of the design not covered in smoke or darkness.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I feel the shot of Kong silhouetted against the setting sun trumps every single shot in G14. Honestly the best shot in G14 is when he rises out of the water in SF. It's just a nice clear shot of the design not covered in smoke or darkness.
And the sad thing is we don't even see whole thing either.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012