Anguirus in the Monsterverse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Re: Anguirus in the Monsterverse?

Post by Loganrules115 »

Anguirus is a perfect match for the Monsterverse's realism aspect.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

scottzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by scottzilla »

I'm not really interested in seeing him in this universe. He's a cool character, but I'd rather see a more obscure monster like Hedorah or something, even if they had to redesign the character a bit, which I would be fine with. Even Biollante would be cool. But not Anguirus, not at this point.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

I think it'd be kind of funny he shows up just get his butt kicked, like in Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. Anguirus is good at 1.) putting up a gritty, tough fight as the perennial underdog and 2.) getting beat down and making the other monster look tough in the process. Maybe he could play the giant octopus role from Kk vs G and get squashed by Kong in the first 20-30 minutes or so.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

vibramrunner wrote:I think it'd be kind of funny he shows up just get his butt kicked, like in Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. Anguirus is good at 1.) putting up a gritty, tough fight as the perennial underdog and 2.) getting beat down and making the other monster look tough in the process. Maybe he could play the giant octopus role from Kk vs G and get squashed by Kong in the first 20-30 minutes or so.
Nah, I don't want Anguirus to get the Kamoebas treatment. There's a reason why he's considered one of Toho's most popular monsters. It'd be pretty disrespectful to the character to just appear and get beaten like that. Could you also imagine the backlash that'd get from fans especially after an over decade and a half long absence, there's a reason why Toho in S.O.S. changed it from Anguirus to Kamoebas. :freak:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Him, Baragon,Manda and Varan. All could work.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Living Corpse wrote:Him, Baragon,Manda and Varan. All could work.
What about Titanosaurus?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
What about Titanosaurus?
I can see it.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

vibramrunner wrote:I think it'd be kind of funny he shows up just get his butt kicked, like in Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. Anguirus is good at 1.) putting up a gritty, tough fight as the perennial underdog and 2.) getting beat down and making the other monster look tough in the process. Maybe he could play the giant octopus role from Kk vs G and get squashed by Kong in the first 20-30 minutes or so.
Nah. I wanna see Anguirus seriously fuck up another kaiju for once.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Nah, I don't want Anguirus to get the Kamoebas treatment. There's a reason why he's considered one of Toho's most popular monsters. It'd be pretty disrespectful to the character to just appear and get beaten like that. Could you also imagine the backlash that'd get from fans especially after an over decade and a half long absence, there's a reason why Toho in S.O.S. changed it from Anguirus to Kamoebas. :freak:
I don't really agree that it would be disrespectful for Anguirus to have a defeat, even an early defeat, if that's consistent with previous movies. Heck, on the main page they just added Godzilla vs Barubaroi to the cutting room floor.. and Anguirus was supposed to be consumed by the new monster.
Last edited by vibramrunner on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

vibramrunner wrote:I don't really agree that it would be disrespectful for Anguirus to have a defeat, even an early defeat, if that's consistent with previous movies. Heck, they on the main page they just added Godzilla vs Barubaroi to the cutting room floor.. and Anguirus was supposed to be consumed by the new monster.
Still after an over decade and an half absence that'd be pretty disappointing, I'd rather he be a supporting monster throughout the series especially towards fans who wanted him to return just to get something anti-climatic like that.

The Kongfather
Yojimbo

Post by The Kongfather »

I chuckled because this post made me realize that Anguirus is the Krillin of the Godzilla universe.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

The Kongfather wrote:I chuckled because this post made me realize that Anguirus is the Krillin of the Godzilla universe.
More like the Yamcha. If anything I always found Yamcha to be more of the butt monkey of DBZ rather then Krillin.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Varan's too unbelievable.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

Legendary Gojira wrote:
Varan's too unbelievable.
He just looks ridiculous when he flies, but other than that I don't think so.

Fropston
GPN Volunteer

Post by Fropston »

vibramrunner wrote:
Legendary Gojira wrote:Varan's too unbelievable.
I'm pretty sure that was a joke referencing the English title of Varan's film.
(Less) Rare poster. :pelops2:

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

Fropston wrote:
vibramrunner wrote:
Legendary Gojira wrote:Varan's too unbelievable.
I'm an idiot.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

vibramrunner wrote:
Fropston wrote:
vibramrunner wrote:
I'm an idiot.
LOL, yeah I was seeing who'd get that reference. :mrgreen:

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Legendary Gojira wrote:
vibramrunner wrote:
Fropston wrote: I'm pretty sure that was a joke referencing the English title of Varan's film.
I'm an idiot.
LOL, yeah I was seeing who'd get that reference. :mrgreen:
*sigh* Unbelievable