Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

LegendZilla wrote:would it really be a big deal?
Oh boy here we go.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LegendZilla wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:I don’t get why so many people are so adamantly against Ghidorah walking on his wings like Smaug and pretty much every dragon in modern media. Is it that you want to see him stand out more among his draconic contemporaries?
Well at this point I think it's clear he won't be a wing walker.
Even if he was, would it really be a big deal?
Honestly, I suppose not. I guess in a way it would be like Godzilla walking like any other therapod dinosaur. Let me elaborate - so like you know how Godzilla in general was based off many different kinds of dinosaurs? He was basically a chimera of dinos. I always figured King Ghidorah's original Showa design represented some sort of chimera of dragon variations (hydra, Asian, European) if that makes sense.

Now, Godzilla actually walked like a theropod in G98..... so I guess KG walking like a wing walker really wouldn't be that bad.

Sorry if i kinda babbled a bit :)
Dawsbfiremind wrote:
Oh boy here we go.
Yep Daws, the storm is a coming. :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

LegendZilla wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:I don’t get why so many people are so adamantly against Ghidorah walking on his wings like Smaug and pretty much every dragon in modern media. Is it that you want to see him stand out more among his draconic contemporaries?
Even if he was, would it really be a big deal?
Kind of. Ghidorah isn't just some random dragon, he's Ghidorah.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
What makes you say that? The only real shot of him we have with his wings, he's standing up opening them, hardly disproves his wing walking.
Spoiler:
leaks claim he both stands and wing walks, so everyone should be happy
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I can't remember which one it was, but I heard Dougherty say in one of the interviews at Comic Con this weekend that their roars will be based on their "classic" roars, which I interpreted as Showa. So, hopefully that means that Ghidorah will have his old Showa roar. Or maybe, I wonder, if each head will be based on a roar from each series.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
What makes you say that? The only real shot of him we have with his wings, he's standing up opening them, hardly disproves his wing walking.
Spoiler:
leaks claim he both stands and wing walks, so everyone should be happy
In that shot it looks like he doesn't have any claws on his wings or whatever would help him wing walk.
Also, Doughtery said they took the outlines of the classic designs (obviously Showa) for all three and worked from there. I know we haven't seen either Rodan or KG walking, but I firmly believe they will walk like they always have. I haven't read the leaks, and I still won't trust them just yet. If KG does turn out to be a wing walker, I'll just have to see how they portray it.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Another thing with the wings, is Ghidroah is spreading them open with what appear to be arms, lack of claws aside, the movement he shows is reminiscent of how wyverns across media open their wings. I figure if he didn't wing walk/have arms, they would open in some other way.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Very confident Ghidorah will wing walk and have the ability to stand on two legs

Branflakes
Yojimbo

Post by Branflakes »

So I was checking out that Christopher Shy poster, and I thought I could make out a few of the finer details of the middle head. Here's a sketch of what I could gather so far.
If this is anywhere near accurate, I am loving his design so far. Looks like one mean bastard.
youtube.com/TheFlakeyOne

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

That head looks like the one in the trailer looking through the window.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Didn't one of the viral site profiles make mention of Ghidorah possibly not being of this earth?
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Didn't one of the viral site profiles make mention of Ghidorah possibly not being of this earth?

One of them says he's "of ancient yet unknown origin." So it's kind of a *wink* *nudge* thing. So, at the very least, they're leaving it ambiguous.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Didn't one of the viral site profiles make mention of Ghidorah possibly not being of this earth?

One of them says he's "of ancient yet unknown origin." So it's kind of a *wink* *nudge* thing. So, at the very least, they're leaving it ambiguous.
Pretty sure it didn’t stop there.
The whole explanation for his storms seemed to imply he was otherworldly too.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

I think that while it won't be outright stated in the film, they will leave enough clues for anyone paying attention to figure out that Ghidorah comes from space.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

All I know is, so far, this looks like it could be the best incarnation of KG so far. He may finally earn the title of scourge of the galaxy. Only thing I'm wondering is how a battle with Kong, no matter how well done, won't be underwhelming in comparison with something that brings storms and tornadoes wherever it goes. I also hope they don't kill off King Ghidorah in his first Monsterverse appearance. I'd love a nod to the Showa era as in after Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan defeat him, he flies off into space leaving it open that he could come back. But I'm sure they'll probably just kill him off by either G, M and R tag teaming him or if even that isn't enough, use the Oxygen Destroyer on him. Oxygen Destroyer idea isn't so bad if they are going to kill him though. Also opens the door for Destoroyah to appear in a future film. As in by using this weapon to kill one Kaiju (or titan as they're calling them) who we thought was as bad as it got, we created (or awakened/mutated/what have you) something even worse. After seeing what they've done with KG so far, I can only Imagine what Destoroyah would look like. I'm drooling just thinking about it!
Dedicated To Darkness..

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I really love that Dougherty confirmed Ghidorah will have an updated version of his Showa roar in that ign interview. About time that roar came back.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Kaeyas wrote:All I know is, so far, this looks like it could be the best incarnation of KG so far. He may finally earn the title of scourge of the galaxy. Only thing I'm wondering is how a battle with Kong, no matter how well done, won't be underwhelming in comparison with something that brings storms and tornadoes wherever it goes. I also hope they don't kill off King Ghidorah in his first Monsterverse appearance. I'd love a nod to the Showa era as in after Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan defeat him, he flies off into space leaving it open that he could come back. But I'm sure they'll probably just kill him off by either G, M and R tag teaming him or if even that isn't enough, use the Oxygen Destroyer on him. Oxygen Destroyer idea isn't so bad if they are going to kill him though. Also opens the door for Destoroyah to appear in a future film. As in by using this weapon to kill one Kaiju (or titan as they're calling them) who we thought was as bad as it got, we created (or awakened/mutated/what have you) something even worse. After seeing what they've done with KG so far, I can only Imagine what Destoroyah would look like. I'm drooling just thinking about it!
Agreed. Destoroyah definitely looks like an enemy that'd require a team-up in order to win.

I'm just picturing Destoroyah while sadistically smiling grasping Godzilla and Kong by the necks who are struggling to break free and Mothra and Rodan on the ground battered and beaten.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

Yeah after the way it looks like KG will be represented, the only kaiju I can think of to up the ante would be Destoroyah. I don't think Hedorah would work well in the Monsterverse and I'm so sick of MechaGodzilla I could scream. Space Godzilla wouldn't work here either and I don't see any other Kaiju (unless heavily modified and beefed up) that would be able to top what they're doing with Ghidorah that would work well other than Destoroyah. Of course the Oxygen Destroyer could always turn King Ghidorah into Destoroyah...I don't know if I like that or not though. Probably not. Would work better on a MUTO or something if they went that route.
Dedicated To Darkness..

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

Kaeyas wrote:All I know is, so far, this looks like it could be the best incarnation of KG so far. He may finally earn the title of scourge of the galaxy. Only thing I'm wondering is how a battle with Kong, no matter how well done, won't be underwhelming in comparison with something that brings storms and tornadoes wherever it goes. I also hope they don't kill off King Ghidorah in his first Monsterverse appearance. I'd love a nod to the Showa era as in after Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan defeat him, he flies off into space leaving it open that he could come back. But I'm sure they'll probably just kill him off by either G, M and R tag teaming him or if even that isn't enough, use the Oxygen Destroyer on him. Oxygen Destroyer idea isn't so bad if they are going to kill him though. Also opens the door for Destoroyah to appear in a future film. As in by using this weapon to kill one Kaiju (or titan as they're calling them) who we thought was as bad as it got, we created (or awakened/mutated/what have you) something even worse. After seeing what they've done with KG so far, I can only Imagine what Destoroyah would look like. I'm drooling just thinking about it!
I’d be fine with Destoroyah being the big bad for GvK, but I still don’t think any human weapon, even the Oxygen Destroyer, should be able to kill KG. It has to be Godzilla and other Kaiju, using human weapons would undercut both KG’s threat and the need for Godzilla and him being king of the monsters.

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

JesstrK wrote:
I’d be fine with Destoroyah being the big bad for GvK, but I still don’t think any human weapon, even the Oxygen Destroyer, should be able to kill KG. It has to be Godzilla and other Kaiju, using human weapons would undercut both KG’s threat and the need for Godzilla and him being king of the monsters.
Touche
Dedicated To Darkness..