Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

There's a really good close up shot of Ghidorah's head, the details are incredible, the eyes are so menacing.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Dv-218 wrote: Also, I might be seeing things, but did anyone notice Ghidorah has what appears to be sickle claws on his feet? Because if they are, that would be pretty awesome.
I saw that too! But I thought maybe it was just the angle so I didn't say anything. Glad I wasn't the only one.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

All Hail the King….of Terror.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

I kinda was hoping for some classic Showa hair on the necks but that's a HUGH nitpick. This design is pretty much perfect. What will REALLY sell it to me though is seeing the heads, necks, and most importantly faces in motion. Not that KG speaks but Smaug looked like a terrific dragon design but it truly became an AMAZING design once he started speaking. Words aside I REALLY hope we get some unique performances out of KG and knowing what we do about the multiple actors for the heads I think we will.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

Damn, now THAT is King Ghidorah!

My jaw actually dropped upon first seeing this design. He was the the one I was the most nervous for. They could have easily gone in so many wrong directions for this, but they perfectly captured the look of Ghidorah and modernized him. Can't wait to see him in motion.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Regal, magnificent, and demonic.

Yup, they got Ghidorah's design right.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Realism and naturalism amIriteorwut?

Last I checked nothing in real life has three heads nor two tails. ;)
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Realism and naturalism amIriteorwut?

Ok? Last time I checked no dinosaurs in real life fed on nukes and breathed atomic fire.

Dude no one even argues this anymore, you can stop doing that now. Realism went out the window with King: Skull Island.

Ghidorah IS an alien after all, I’m pretty sure you don’t have to remind us there’s fantasy elements in this movie

Besides I don’t even think you comprehend what naturalism even means :lol:
The “Realism” is the science behind these creatures, how they work and how their attitudes are vs. how we’d realistically react to these things.

For the last time, its’s not “could this happen?” It’s “what would we do if this happens and what would the science behind it be?”.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Good thing "realism" is just a phony label certain users slapped on the users who said that the Monsterverse was not going to become a dreadful cheese fest featuring Power Rangers, Gargantuas, Ultraman, Jet Jaguar and a trillion other absurd ideas that were thrown out on this board.
Last edited by BARAGONBREH on Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

So the Monarch data file for Ghidorah says he "dwarfs" Godzilla at being 500 feet tall. Yet 500 feet is 152 meters tall, Godzilla in this series is what...108 meters tall I think? That's not much taller really.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:So the Monarch data file for Ghidorah says he "dwarfs" Godzilla at being 500 feet tall. Yet 500 feet is 152 meters tall, Godzilla in this series is what...108 meters tall I think? That's not much taller really.
Dude, if they were people, Godzilla's head would barely reach Ghidorah's chest. He's practically Hobbit-sized in comparison.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:So the Monarch data file for Ghidorah says he "dwarfs" Godzilla at being 500 feet tall. Yet 500 feet is 152 meters tall, Godzilla in this series is what...108 meters tall I think? That's not much taller really.
That's... A massive difference, mate. Godzilla won't even reach Ghidorah's necks this time around. This isn't even accounting for the sheer width of his wingspan. If Godzilla was of average human height, then Ghidorah would be the size of one of your taller basketball players.

#BotM

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Okay so y'all got me thinking about King Ghidorah's scale in comparison to godzilla, so I made yet another shitty MSpaint diagram.

There's a 44 meter difference between Ghidorah and Godzilla - meaning King Ghidorah is about 40.7% larger than Godzilla. Using some fancy math shit and a ruler, I went ahead and measured that out then added it to godzilla's height. This should be the correct scale. (I'd use the Ghidorah model to show reference, but i'm actually avoiding it so I can see ghidorah in a trailer first. Let me tell you, i've been doing a metric fuckton of very fast scrolling).

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Okay so y'all got me thinking about King Ghidorah's scale in comparison to godzilla, so I made yet another shitty MSpaint diagram.

There's a 44 meter difference between Ghidorah and Godzilla - meaning King Ghidorah is about 40.7% larger than Godzilla. Using some fancy math shit and a ruler, I went ahead and measured that out then added it to godzilla's height. This should be the correct scale. (I'd use the Ghidorah model to show reference, but i'm actually avoiding it so I can see ghidorah in a trailer first. Let me tell you, i've been doing a metric fuckton of very fast scrolling).

Once again I'm proven, that I can't math correctly.

I didn't think those 50 extra meters would make that much of a difference. At least in height, thanks for correcting me.

Godzilla is a manlet now...

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

He's almost too large.
. . .

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

It's less of a size difference than in the Heisei era and Final Wars. Ghidorah isn't that big.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:It's less of a size difference than in the Heisei era and Final Wars. Ghidorah isn't that big.
I think the wings are gonna be the thing that gives him his awe. Gotta have at least a thousand foot wing span.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Dude no one even argues this anymore, you can stop doing that now. Realism went out the window with King: Skull Island.
People still argue realism anytime someone says they want to see Mechagodzilla or Mecha Ghidorah in GvK or other future installments.
Last edited by JesstrK on Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote: There's a 44 meter difference between Ghidorah and Godzilla - meaning King Ghidorah is about 40.7% larger than Godzilla.
But that's kind of misleading, isn't it? The height difference is primarily due to the sauropod-like length of the necks. Body width-wise, they should still be fairly comparable, no?

Master Doot
GPN Volunteer

Post by Master Doot »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Okay so y'all got me thinking about King Ghidorah's scale in comparison to godzilla, so I made yet another shitty MSpaint diagram.

There's a 44 meter difference between Ghidorah and Godzilla - meaning King Ghidorah is about 40.7% larger than Godzilla. Using some fancy math poop and a ruler, I went ahead and measured that out then added it to godzilla's height. This should be the correct scale. (I'd use the Ghidorah model to show reference, but i'm actually avoiding it so I can see ghidorah in a trailer first. Let me tell you, i've been doing a metric fuckton of very fast scrolling).

Decided to throw Ghidorah in your image to see how that plays out.

https://i.imgur.com/PU8pXsm.jpg

Forgive me, I’m on mobile and not quite sure how to upload it properly.
Last edited by Master Doot on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.