Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Post by LegendZilla »

It seems a ton of people are bitching for no good reason over the likelihood of him being a “wing-walker” type dragon. I find that very petty and what if f hey get everything else right about the character?

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Godzilla165 wrote:I couldn’t see how anything else COULD top this version of Ghidorah, seeing as he’s a living extinction event.
I don't know, if only there was a Ghidorah that was called "The Planet Eater"...Oh wait
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Godzilla165 wrote:I couldn’t see how anything else COULD top this version of Ghidorah, seeing as he’s a living extinction event.
I don't know, if only there was a Ghidorah that was called "The Planet Eater"...Oh wait
Oh, you mean Bugghidorah.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

How far do y'all think the characterization of Ghidorah's heads is going to go? So far, all we've got is confirmation of different sounds and some hinting of different personalities.

In the art, we've got some stuff that makes it seem like each head might be a different design. the two pieces we've seen showing this are somewhat consistent, with the leftmost head being more traditional, middle head being longer hooked, and the rightmost head being a bit shorter and more rounded.

The Silhouette of Ghidorah lit by the storm and trapped in the ice don't really have the same level of variance though.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:How far do y'all think the characterization of Ghidorah's heads is going to go? So far, all we've got is confirmation of different sounds and some hinting of different personalities.

In the art, we've got some stuff that makes it seem like each head might be a different design. the two pieces we've seen showing this are somewhat consistent, with the leftmost head being more traditional, middle head being longer hooked, and the rightmost head being a bit shorter and more rounded.

The Silhouette of Ghidorah lit by the storm and trapped in the ice don't really have the same level of variance though.
I dunno if it's just my mind playing tricks or not, but the most visible head in the ice pic does look like it has a pronounced chin- similar to the middle head in the poster. But like you said, it's hard to make it out.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:How far do y'all think the characterization of Ghidorah's heads is going to go? So far, all we've got is confirmation of different sounds and some hinting of different personalities.
Maybe 1 intelligent head, 1 aggressive head, and 1 "crazy" head? Like Blitzwing from Transformers Animated.
Last edited by KillCrites on Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Post by Jaqua92 »

Cause they don't. Everything official that we have scene (the screen caps, and the poster say otherwise)

Its not speculation, his heads are the same design
Please check out the first battle in the Tohokingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread/Tier project! First battle is Nuke Amped Boston Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31251

System intro below.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31260&p=1820343#p1820343

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Jaqua92 wrote:

Cause they don't. Everything official that we have scene (the screen caps, and the poster say otherwise)

Its not speculation, his heads are the same design
You're probably right, but I thought it might be interesting to discuss either way.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I'm looking forward to his heads characterization. I feel like it'll actaully be one of the most interesting aspects of the creature. Hell, I wouldn't mind a slight moment of comedic relief between the heads doing something crazy or out of pocket. Granted that's what the human characters are for.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

Here's the thing... I love a good mystery campaign. It draws you in. Even if you're apprehensive about the final product, curiosity demands you see it.

That said, 'hide the monster' campaigns have largely left most people wanting. Therefore, I'm going in with no expectations. I know this Ghidorah is gonna be different from any iteration before. As long as it works in the context of the film, I'll be satisfied.
Proud father, husband, and son.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

No one has anything to worry about with this Ghidorah, unless you’re afraid of him stealing the show…
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

So, anyone expecting Ghidorah's remains to be saved after he's beaten ala Mecha-KG?
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

ernesth100 wrote:So, anyone expecting Ghidorah's remains to be saved after he's beaten ala Mecha-KG?
I really hope not.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

ernesth100 wrote:So, anyone expecting Ghidorah's remains to be saved after he's beaten ala Mecha-KG?
No, not at all. I don't expect any Mechs to appear in the MonsterVerse.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Maybe
#slatternking

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Maritonic wrote:
I beg to differ. Look at how grounded the first Ironman movie was in comparison to the rest of the MCU. If one cinematic Universe can evolve into more fantastical territory, why not another?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LegendZilla wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
I beg to differ. Look at how grounded the first Ironman movie was in comparison to the rest of the MCU. If one cinematic Universe can evolve into more fantastical territory, why not another?
....you beg to differ with my expectations? Lol
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

LegendZilla wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
The difference is the first Ironman established that Tony Stark, in a cave in the Middle East, could create a miniature arc reactor and a primitive Ironman suit. The arc reactor existed at the beginning of the film along with Stark's high tech inventions. Shortly thereafter Banner becomes the Hulk and SHIELD reveals itself. The technology, advancement, and fantasy was already present.

In the Monsterverse the established technology is no different than what currently exists in our time. To go from our crude robots to creating Mecha-King Ghidorah is an exponential advancement in our technology that does not make sense with what is established from Godzilla and Skull Island. The only precedent we have in the Monsterverse is that giant monsters exist and there are possibly ones from outer space.
Last edited by Spydrmanjr on Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Spydrmanjr wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
The difference is the first Ironman established that Tony Stark, in a cave in the Middle East, could create a miniature arc reactor and a primitive Ironman suit. The arc reactor existed at the beginning of the film along with Stark's high tech inventions. Shortly thereafter Banner becomes the Hulk and SHIELD reveals itself. The technology, advancement, and fantasy was already present.

In the Monsterverse the established technology is no different than what currently exists in our time. To go from our crude robots to creating Mecha-King Ghidorah is an exponential advancement in our technology that does not make sense with what is established from Godzilla and Skull Island. The only precedent we have in the Monsterverse is that giant monsters exist and there are possibly ones from outer space.
Yeah but with a time-skip anything’s possible.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LegendZilla wrote:
Spydrmanjr wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:

Yeah but with a time-skip anything’s possible.
"So pre-occupied with whether or not you could, you didn't stop to think if you should."