Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
User avatar
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 11515
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:31 pm
Location: the Wired

Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby Lain Of The Wired » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:17 am

Thought it'd be a nice time to start a speculation thread about the MonsterVerse's Ghidorah, so let's talk about everyone's favorite three-headed dragon~

I have a strong feeling King Ghidorah will be a creature frozen in Antarctica, whether or not he retains his alien heritage is yet to be determined, but I definitely think he's been put on ice.
Image
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

LegendaryMonster
Samurai
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:01 am

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby LegendaryMonster » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:32 am

I really hope he maintains his alien origin, it wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me though I’d he didn’t. I wonder how long it will be before we get a look at him. How long before G14 did they reveal Godzilla?

User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9731
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:00 am

Still crossing my fingers that he wasn't only responsible for the Permian Extinction Event but the Ice Age Extinction (Hence why we don't have Mammoths, Saber-tooth Cats, Ground Sloths, etc. to this day) too which would be a good way to tie into those cave paintings.

Said it once and I'll say it again. King Ghidorah could've arrived on earth during the Permian when he was younger and weaker (Similar to RoM III) nearly wiping out all life but was then thwarted by Godzilla forcing him to retreat then millions of years later returned to earth far larger and powerful to finish the job expecting Godzilla to be long dead by now thinking he wouldn't have lived this long but before he could was not only thwarted by Godzilla (Who would at this point not stand a chance against King Ghidorah due to having became more powerful and larger) once again but Mothra and Rodan as well.

User avatar
Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5043
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:37 am

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby Godzilla165 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:12 am

King Ghidorah needs to be the dominate one when Godzilla fights him by himself, and even when he has backup. Godzilla can fight the hardest that he's ever fought, and try as much as he can, but Ghidorah simply needs to be way too much for Godzilla to handle and should kick his ass with minimal trouble. This isn't some ancient rival that Godzilla will be facing here, this is armageddon brought to life, and it needs to be clearly shown. Ghidorah should be significantly stronger, faster, and smarter than Godzilla. He goes for a hit, Ghidorah counters it, and delivers an attack that makes Godzilla's would-be attack look feeble in comparison. Ghidorah's gravity bolts should poop all over Godzilla's atomic breath, and there should be a scene where Ghidorah effortlessly lifts Godzilla up and brutally slams him down, before mercilessly and sadistically proceeding to pummel him.

You can have your even fight with Rodan and Mothra, not the King of Terror.

I also think that Ghidorah needs to absolutely TOWER over every other monster, be significantly superior to them in every single category, and just needs to be an all-around living death that threatens the entire planet itself. Godzilla himself should show some legitimate concern (not fear), when Ghidorah shows up, and to me be nearly killed when trying to face the space demon by himself. Gareth said that Godzilla is big enough to be seen anywhere in the city, but can still be obscured? Well, Ghidorah should be viewable from every corner, and nearly every crevasse because of his gargantuan size and magnificent wings. Godzilla's roar can be heard from 3 miles away? Ghidorah should be heard CLEARLY from 10 miles away. A single gravity bolt should buckle Godzilla, and a volley should bring him to the brink of unconsciousness, or even death. Ghidorah should easily be able to catch and beat both Rodan and Mothra in flight speed, and should rival both in agility. Ghidorah needs to make the damage done to San Francisco look like a rock was thrown at it, by leveling entire cities in under an hour or so. I also believe that KG should be absolutely beautiful and awe inspiring in appearance, due to his golden scales and grand wingspan. However, as soon as he attacks, that facade immediately fades away, and is replaced with the psychotic horror from space that Ghidorah truly is.
Image


Image

#BotM

User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9731
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:20 am

They also better have King Ghidorah being the reason why the events of GvK occurs, him destroying Skull Island leading you to presume Kong died in the attack while on one of his destroying sprees would be a great way to tie into it and highlight the large threat he truly poses making you wonder "How's Godzilla gonna defeat him?".

Then in a post credit scene could hint towards the next movie such as seismologists detecting something large and living traveling beneath the earth before in the beginning of GvK that Kong pops out from underground somewhere in the world revealing he survived the attack.

User avatar
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 11515
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:31 pm
Location: the Wired

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby Lain Of The Wired » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:28 am

I have a feeling the Godzilla in the cave painting isn't our Godzilla
Instead, another ancestor who waged war with King Ghidorah before either both, or just King Ghidorah, was frozen, locked in battle with eachother.
Image
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

User avatar
scottzilla
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:02 am

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby scottzilla » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:46 am

Godzilla165 wrote:King Ghidorah needs to be the dominate one when Godzilla fights him by himself, and even when he has backup. Godzilla can fight the hardest that he's ever fought, and try as much as he can, but Ghidorah simply needs to be way too much for Godzilla to handle and should kick his ass with minimal trouble. This isn't some ancient rival that Godzilla will be facing here, this is armageddon brought to life, and it needs to be clearly shown. Ghidorah should be significantly stronger, faster, and smarter than Godzilla. He goes for a hit, Ghidorah counters it, and delivers an attack that makes Godzilla's would-be attack look feeble in comparison. Ghidorah's gravity bolts should poop all over Godzilla's atomic breath, and there should be a scene where Ghidorah effortlessly lifts Godzilla up and brutally slams him down, before mercilessly and sadistically proceeding to pummel him.

You can have your even fight with Rodan and Mothra, not the King of Terror.

I also think that Ghidorah needs to absolutely TOWER over every other monster, be significantly superior to them in every single category, and just needs to be an all-around living death that threatens the entire planet itself. Godzilla himself should show some legitimate concern (not fear), when Ghidorah shows up, and to me be nearly killed when trying to face the space demon by himself. Gareth said that Godzilla is big enough to be seen anywhere in the city, but can still be obscured? Well, Ghidorah should be viewable from every corner, and nearly every crevasse because of his gargantuan size and magnificent wings. Godzilla's roar can be heard from 3 miles away? Ghidorah should be heard CLEARLY from 10 miles away. A single gravity bolt should buckle Godzilla, and a volley should bring him to the brink of unconsciousness, or even death. Ghidorah should easily be able to catch and beat both Rodan and Mothra in flight speed, and should rival both in agility. Ghidorah needs to make the damage done to San Francisco look like a rock was thrown at it, by leveling entire cities in under an hour or so. I also believe that KG should be absolutely beautiful and awe inspiring in appearance, due to his golden scales and grand wingspan. However, as soon as he attacks, that facade immediately fades away, and is replaced with the psychotic horror from space that Ghidorah truly is.


Pretty much this. I'm hoping he's just absolutely gargantuan, and NOTHING like that fake concept design a few weeks ago.

User avatar
GalacticPetey
Futurian
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:25 am

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby GalacticPetey » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:59 pm

I have three hopes:

1. He towers over Godzilla
2. He's from space
3. He stands and walks on TWO legs.

As long as they maintain these I'll be satisfied.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

User avatar
Kaeyas
Samurai
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:34 pm
Location: Alvin, TX
Contact:

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby Kaeyas » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:07 pm

I would really like to see KG return to his roots as the reaper of worlds and the scourge of the galaxy...yet with a twist. No aliens controlling him. He kicks ass under his own free will. I've actually ALWAYS wanted that for him. What kind of king are you if your nothing more than a slave monster controlled by aliens? At the very least, I'd like (or like to have) seen him turn on his controllers as soon as they lose control over him and completely decimate them heralding the message that NOBODY enslaves the Reaper Of Worlds.
Dedicated To Darkness..

User avatar
KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3445
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:12 pm
Location: The Milky Way

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby KaijuCanuck » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:12 pm

I would like him to be an alien, but he needs to arrive on Earth as a natural consequence of kaiju activity. It would be weak storytelling if just coincidentally at the same time giant monsters are showing up, a bigger monster from space arrives. We know he was here at the time some cave paintings were made, and met at least A Godzilla, possibly THIS Godzilla. So maybe he left when the other monsters went back to sleep, and is back to fight them again? Or he was trapped here? But he shouldn't just arrive from space and that's it, he's just a thing now.
Image

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:51 am

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby vibramrunner » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:23 pm

KaijuCanuck wrote:I would like him to be an alien, but he needs to arrive on Earth as a natural consequence of kaiju activity. It would be weak storytelling if just coincidentally at the same time giant monsters are showing up, a bigger monster from space arrives. We know he was here at the time some cave paintings were made, and met at least A Godzilla, possibly THIS Godzilla. So maybe he left when the other monsters went back to sleep, and is back to fight them again? Or he was trapped here? But he shouldn't just arrive from space and that's it, he's just a thing now.


Maybe Ghidorah could be the genetic origin of giant radioactive monsters. Said monsters are, after all, pretty umm.. unique, compared to the rest of Earth's fauna (or is that "flora" also, Skull Island? hmm..)

User avatar
Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5043
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:37 am

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby Godzilla165 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:44 pm

I've always liked that Ghidorah just kind of, existed. We don't know how old he is, where he came from, nor what his purpose is; he just... Is. Ghidorah has always been one of the more mysterious Kaiju in the franchise, alongside Godzilla. Hell, all four of the monsters in this movie are very mystery in their origins, and that's cool IMO.
Image


Image

#BotM

User avatar
scottzilla
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:02 am

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby scottzilla » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:50 pm

I don't think the Hollow Earth theory was simply made for Skull Island because the Skull crawlers could have easily lived in caves or simply just roamed around and it would have been just as believable. The way it was talked about in the movie seemed as if they're setting it up as a connecting thread, like Monarch. I can see it being used as a hiding place for Ghidorah this whole time. Regardless, I'm very interested to see how they're going to explain his origin, either full blown alien and his arrival is straight up from the sky, or that he's been dormant, etc.

User avatar
Dawsbfiremind
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:59 pm
Location: My writing desk

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby Dawsbfiremind » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:56 pm

I remember that one tweet from Dougherty about the supposed possibility of alien organisms within meteorites. Maybe one of those "asteroid rovers" in Antarctica found a meteorite with King Ghidorah inside in 2016, thus explaining the icebreaker ship picture on the Monarch timeline (which is dated 2016).
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer

With skills like this......I wonder too.

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.

TK drinking game official rules.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26072&start=2080#p1564587

User avatar
Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:34 pm
Location: キノプレックス
Contact:

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:56 pm

And he will look the worst. Horrible, very bad. Sad.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

User avatar
Gojira18
G-Grasper
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:00 pm

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby Gojira18 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:31 pm

I'd love to see him be so powerful, that Godzilla would need help taking him down. Though unlike most people, I'd want to see Godzilla at least hold his own 1 on 1 with Ghidorah for a little bit, land a few good hits in, and THEN get pummeled.

User avatar
GodzillavsRayquaza
Futurian
Posts: 1766
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:37 pm

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:And he will look the worst. Horrible, very bad. Sad.

Oh just shut up. You don't know what he'll look like, and even if you did, you seem to think everything looks like poop.
King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.


SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Man, I can't believe this series that started as a condemnation of nuclear weapons, Cold War arm races and called for humanity coming together MIGHT DARE TO BE (le gasp) political

User avatar
Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:34 pm
Location: キノプレックス
Contact:

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:43 pm

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Oh just shut up. You don't know what he'll look like, and even if you did, you seem to think everything looks like poop.

"Occupation:
skreeonking around 99% of the time"
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

User avatar
KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3445
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:12 pm
Location: The Milky Way

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby KaijuCanuck » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:22 pm

Dawsbfiremind wrote:I remember that one tweet from Dougherty about the supposed possibility of alien organisms within meteorites. Maybe one of those "asteroid rovers" in Antarctica found a meteorite with King Ghidorah inside in 2016, thus explaining the icebreaker ship picture on the Monarch timeline (which is dated 2016).


His twitter feed is cryptic AF. Just today he posted an article about an ice age creature trapped in ice. Maybe Zain's 'frozen' theory is correct?
Image

User avatar
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 11515
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:31 pm
Location: the Wired

Re: Monster Speculation: KING GHIDORAH

Postby Lain Of The Wired » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:45 pm

*Lain :P
Image
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests