Monster Speculation: RODAN

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Monster Speculation: RODAN

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:While browsing for godzilla related stuff, i found this apparent leak: http://www.godzilla-movies.com/topic/45732

I doubt it's legitimate, but it would certainly confirm Lain's theory of rodan in MT. Pinatubo.

(If this has already been discussed and i'm late to the party, well... whoops.)
Fake, totally fake. Its Godzilla Movie Forums
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:While browsing for godzilla related stuff, i found this apparent leak: http://www.godzilla-movies.com/topic/45732

I doubt it's legitimate, but it would certainly confirm Lain's theory of rodan in MT. Pinatubo.

Fake, totally fake. Its Godzilla Movie Forums
Thought so, but it didn't hurt to see.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Considering how LegendaryGoji's roar was done I expect Rodan's vocalizations to be more along the lines of those in his debut film than his other appearances.
Last edited by Leviarex on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Anyone notice the tribesman shooting arrows at Rodan in the cave painting, and the fact he looks like he has two tails or something
He also seems to have some sort of breath attack
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Anyone notice the tribesman shooting arrows at Rodan in the cave painting, and the fact he looks like he has two tails or something
The two tails are likely just his legs, and the breath attack could just be a natural crack in the wall.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Oh yeah, that guy just gets the speculation said here and says it as a fact over there. GoWhaleTours has tried his best to mention this over there, but it seems people just gobble up this supposed factual info. He has said factual stuff, but he says it like he is the one that leaked it or something. He talked about the Mothra mucus, Jonah and stuff like that and says it in a "Oh yeah, these leaks have been giving to you first by me" type of way.
Long Live The King

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I hope we get a Rodan like in the original film behavior wise.

Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cKnye3yQDc

Potential Volcano habitat for Rodan.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Anyone notice the tribesman shooting arrows at Rodan in the cave painting, and the fact he looks like he has two tails or something
He could easily get a simple buff of being able to expel large amounts of air. He had that in the originals rodan, and used it for one brief moment, but it means it's not out of the question.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Branflakes
Yojimbo

Post by Branflakes »

Leviarex wrote:
The two tails are likely just his legs, and the breath attack could just be a natural crack in the wall.
It almost looks like there might be three protrusions there - two legs and a tail connected by membrane, like a proper pterosaur. The only non-pterosaurian aspect about him is the multiple wing fingers, but as others have already stated, the cave paintings almost certainly don't reflect the final designs. I'm curious to see whether they'll go with scientific accuracy or something more showa-like. Probably something inbetween.
youtube.com/TheFlakeyOne

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

1991 Isle de Mona: A covert Monarch team established a quarantine zone around a dormant volcano in Isle de Mona, under the guise of "environmental research". Over the coming years, what began as a small scientific outpost will expand to become a full containment facility around the mouth of the volcano.

Obvious reference to Rodan reawakening from Mount Aso where he supposedly died.

This was a piece of text from the latest teaser that explains MONARCH's history. There's also hints at Mothra and King Ghidorah.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/news/2014/08 ... tml#update
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Alrighty, just finished watching Kong and saw the Rodan painting, going off of Godzilla's painting, these things are super accurate. Looking at more recent and accurate depictions of pterasaur, Rodan having a long neck is good, I believe he should have the fuzz also. Color wise he should be reddish/brown or orange, maybe some white stripes on the beak. Base him off the original Rodan with accurate modifications and he'll be legit.

Give him Final Wars Rodan's speed and showa Rodans strength and he'll be one heck of a competitor.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

If we are to take the latest Rody leak as real,
Spoiler:
I'm quite happy he pretty much looks his '56 and '64 designs but beefed up and modernizated.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendaryGoji
Monarch Researcher

Post by LegendaryGoji »

Definitely a great yet recognizable update on the character if legit.
THE DEVIL HAS THREE HEADS

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

IF legit, i think it's absolutely beautiful and can't wait to see it in action. Makes me even more excited to see Mothra and Ghidorah!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:IF legit, i think it's absolutely beautiful and can't wait to see it in action. Makes me even more excited to see Mothra and Ghidorah!
Prepare to be disappointed then.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LegendaryGoji
Monarch Researcher

Post by LegendaryGoji »

I think I've found the local killjoy, guys.
THE DEVIL HAS THREE HEADS

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

LegendaryGoji wrote:I think I've found the local killjoy, guys.
I think I found a 0 contribution post!

Frankly he's being realistic with sources and I respect that. With the whole Snowden, misc other G14 things, Judas and Takumi things that bounced around between 2014/2016 I don't blame him.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

It's not my intention to be a killjoy. But I don't want people here to be getting their hopes up based on one leak. Just because they did Rodan and Godzilla justice doesn't mean the same would be true of Mothra and Ghidorah. Keep your expectations tempered, and expect (but feel free to hope against as I am) radical and unfitting redesigns.
Last edited by Spuro on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Assuming for the sake of argument that the leaked design is the genuine article, I really dig the overall badass, feral aspect of it. Though I admittedly have mixed feelings about the torn membranes giving the wings a featheresque appearance.