Monster Speculation: MOTHRA

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
SenseiTeriyakiV
EDF Soldier

Re: Monster Speculation: MOTHRA

Postby SenseiTeriyakiV » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:59 pm

Godzillian wrote:
charliesheenkaiju wrote:
Dracosaurian wrote:
By walking I meant like an actual moth not upright like a human...

Didn't think that was what you meant, I was going off some earlier concept art shared in another thread that gave her said upright posture and I wasn't sure if that was also what you considered. Regardless these are GIANT monsters so any sort of movements based on their real-life counterparts will be loosely based at best.

Official early concept art of the monsters was leaked?

No, it was a fan piece.

OpteraKaiju92
Ronin

Postby OpteraKaiju92 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:13 pm

Ill be happy if they keep Mothras appearance and story similar to MvG and Tokyo S.O.S. where Mothra dies, hopefully in a more glorifying fashion, and the two Mothra larvae hatch and fight the other kaiju. Just show that only one larva becomes the next Mothra, while maybe further going in depth how Mothra never really dies and is similar to a phoenix. Also if before she dies her pollen/scales are shown to be more effective and harmful and potent even after shes fallen
"What you habitually think largely determines what you will ultimately become" - Bruce Lee

DaddlerTheDalek
Yin-Yang Master

Postby DaddlerTheDalek » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:25 am

I'm really curious how she's going to look in the MonsterVerse.
Tails wrote:You're watching a Poster!

Ryguy
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Ryguy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:27 am

HOLY poop! Mothra design leaked:

MODERATOR EDIT: Please do not post fake leaks in here, no matter how funny they may be. It's easy to derail the thread with them.
Last edited by Giratina93 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Kaiju-King42
Kwaidan

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:29 am

^I'd recommend deleting that, Ryguy. The mods said they're handing out warnings for joke leaks too. They're not fooling around.
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:What is up with the American trope of hide the monster?

Jaws happened

ernesth100 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:When the new director is announced, I guarantee this fanbase will be torn through the middle...

We're always split down the middle. TK is like a giant buttcrack.

Anno wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Godzilla21
Keizer

Postby Godzilla21 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:32 am

Ryguy wrote:HOLY poop! Mothra design leaked:

Spoiler:

lol. Had me going for a second
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:59 am

Ryguy wrote:HOLY poop! Mothra design leaked:

Spoiler:

Oh my god... She's beautiful! :tearsofjoy:
goji89 wrote: :shock: ...Sweet Yeet

Resized Image

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:50 pm

So Mothra's gonna be bio-luminescence.

A great way to make her feel mystical like a goddess while also making sense from the natural perspective since we have bugs that do that.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:53 pm

Kaiju-King42 wrote:^I'd recommend deleting that, Ryguy. The mods said they're handing out warnings for joke leaks too. They're not fooling around.

Yes. Please don't post fake leaks in the threads, regardless of how funny they are. I admit, I got a laugh, but it's easy to horribly derail the thread with them.
You dare try to challenge me? Then we shall see how you fare against a true Archangel!

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Postby Godzilla21 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:25 pm

Giratina93 wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:^I'd recommend deleting that, Ryguy. The mods said they're handing out warnings for joke leaks too. They're not fooling around.

Yes. Please don't post fake leaks in the threads, regardless of how funny they are. I admit, I got a laugh, but it's easy to horribly derail the thread with them.

Out of curiosity why can't we post jokes? It's not really hurting anyone is it?
SpaceG92 wrote:

Destorogoji
JXSDF Technician

Postby Destorogoji » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:00 pm

I'm still wishing for a fluffy Mothra
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:05 pm

Godzilla21 wrote:
Giratina93 wrote:

Jokes in and of themselves are fine, but when it concerns leaks... it's very easy for a discussion to steamroll out of control. We want to keep the forums as stable and in control as possible, and we take all forms of leaks, even obvious joke images, seriously. Derzerb has a post in the announcement thread for this subforum that goes over it in more detail, and if you still have questions, you can PM him.
You dare try to challenge me? Then we shall see how you fare against a true Archangel!

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:39 pm

Living Corpse wrote:So Mothra's gonna be bio-luminescence.

A great way to make her feel mystical like a goddess while also making sense from the natural perspective since we have bugs that do that.

Thought about more, Mothra being able to brighten or dim would be a cool way to make her emote.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Postby Godzilla21 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:36 am

Giratina93 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Giratina93 wrote:

Jokes in and of themselves are fine, but when it concerns leaks... it's very easy for a discussion to steamroll out of control. We want to keep the forums as stable and in control as possible, and we take all forms of leaks, even obvious joke images, seriously. Derzerb has a post in the announcement thread for this subforum that goes over it in more detail, and if you still have questions, you can PM him.

But see it's not even a leak. It's a total joke. It's a picture of a cartoon caterpillar. And Ryguy posted and nothing got out of control. A few people laughed and that's it. I just dont see the harm and foul. Seems to be a bit overboard. I'll PM Derz
SpaceG92 wrote:

LegendaryMonster
Samurai

Postby LegendaryMonster » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:28 am

Mothra may be my most anticipated monster, I’m so excited to see her design I really feel like she’lol end up being the surprise favorite

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:24 pm

Godzilla21 wrote:
Giratina93 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:

But see it's not even a leak. It's a total joke. It's a picture of a cartoon caterpillar. And Ryguy posted and nothing got out of control. A few people laughed and that's it. I just dont see the harm and foul. Seems to be a bit overboard. I'll PM Derz

Okay we get it, the guy got a warning for a dumb joke, can we actually talk about Mothra?

Anonziller
Yojimbo

Postby Anonziller » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:45 pm

I was just thinking about how that one "leaker" said Mothra had tentacles and one of the images teasing her on Monarchsciences.com depicts her in a cave painting with long legs and so did that alleged skectch, maybe he was referring to her long legs and not tentacles? Maybe they fold up under her and she looks more like a classic Mothra but when she fights they look longer?
Last edited by Anonziller on Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Postby Godzilla21 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:29 pm

Living Corpse wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Giratina93 wrote:

Okay we get it, the guy got a warning for a dumb joke, can we actually talk about Mothra?

Did you see the last sentence? I said I'd PM Derz. Convo over.
SpaceG92 wrote:

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:12 pm

Godzilla21 wrote:
Did you see the last sentence? I said I'd PM Derz. Convo over.

No I didn't, sorry.
Last edited by Living Corpse on Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:46 pm

God Rays. XD

So Bio-luminescence that's bright enough to
Spoiler:
become a laser. Holy poop we got an actual explanation for a magical laser beam we see in countless kaiju films.

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”