How Tall Do You Believe Kong Will Grow?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Kong is currently 31.6 meters.

Barely. 40 - 50 Meters.
2%
A bit. 60 - 70 Meters.
5%
A lot. 70 - 80 Meters.
44%
Exponentially. 90+ Meters.
49%

Total votes: 41

Kaiju Claws
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: How Tall Do You Believe Kong Will Grow?

Post by Kaiju Claws »

Shin Gabara wrote:Ok, so in my head, Kong is Roddy Piper in They Live, trying to get Godzilla's Keith David to put on the glasses.
I would watch this movie SO. MUCH. :huge: If their fight went on that long, I don't think there would be anything left of the city they fought in.
Dungeon Master of the D20 Section

"As long as the arrogance of mankind exists, Godzilla will survive."
- Tomoyuki Tanaka

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Shin Gabara wrote:Ok, so in my head, Kong is Roddy Piper in They Live, trying to get Godzilla's Keith David to put on the glasses.

75 meters.

Kong is a smart primate, scared to death and knowing very well that he could die, but he has a psychic insect screaming into his head that this is the only way to protect everything he loves (bad case of biophilia). We need to think he does not have a chance, and we need to know that he knows this too.

I'd like him short enough to have to leap to punch Godzilla in the face.
There's a point where he's just too short that the fight doesn't become fair.
Image Image

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I'd much rather Kong and Godzilla be on more or less equal footing for the movie. I just don't see a drastically smaller Kong standing much of a chance. It would also look pretty awkward.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Fropston
GPN Volunteer

Post by Fropston »

The question is how much Kong will grow, right? Not how tall Kong will be. So why do so many people expect him to grow taller than Godzilla?
(Less) Rare poster. :pelops2:

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:I'd much rather Kong and Godzilla be on more or less equal footing for the movie. I just don't see a drastically smaller Kong standing much of a chance. It would also look pretty awkward.
Oh my god i love you man this is exactly right! Everyone want this underdog approach, and admittedly I do too, but I've read the points made on these forums for like a year and realized how right they were. It just looks bad.
Fropston wrote:The question is how much Kong will grow, right? Not how tall Kong will be. So why do so many people expect him to grow taller than Godzilla?
Well the question is how much he'll grow in terms of height since that's what the polls had the options of. No one expects nor wants him to grow taller then Godzilla, but we want him to be near Godzilla height. A tiny bit bigger then 62 for me, where his eyes level with Godzilla's snout. That's the perfect height for him since it makes it much more even. But going back to you question, how much he'll grow. I think since he'd triple in size he'd be fully grown, meaning he'd be way waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy stronger and smarter then he was before, way more durable, and more experienced. I heard that one somewhere and thought it was bs but then the person who wrote that said Kong was fighting way longer then sleeping Godzilla has been, basically every single day. and if he wasn't doing that he was doing parkour. I mean I think even at 330 ft tall he'd be incredibly faster and more agile then Godzilla, and smarter. So yeah I think if it was a truly even battle Kong would be 330 ft tall.
Image Image

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

KingKong2005 wrote:
Shin Gabara wrote:75 meters.

He will still have a speed and reach advantage and greater intelligence. He just won't have the raw power of Godzilla . . . which would be reflected in a 'just shy of significant' size difference. Who knows, Mothra may be helping out in some way.
. . .

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Shin Gabara wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
Shin Gabara wrote:75 meters.

He will still have a speed and reach advantage and greater intelligence. He just won't have the raw power of Godzilla . . . which would be reflected in a 'just shy of significant' size difference. Who knows, Mothra may be helping out in some way.
Except that's completely wrong. I remember reading somewhere that Kong has been shown to have way more strength throwing Ramarak around like he was nothing. Plus we've already had that fight with Godzilla and the male muto, no one wants to see the same thing twice. It should be a fair fight at the end of the day, not Kevin Hart vs The Rock.
Image Image

mvp9056
Monarch Researcher

Post by mvp9056 »

I think 80 meters is a good size for him. It's big enough for him to believably grapple with Godzilla, but not too big where it would look strange that he's looking at Godzilla directly eye level. A less than 100ft. height difference isn't too bad considering the sizes they'd be at. I think it would give more opportunity to exploit their respective advantages and explore their deficits, without just turning into a back and forth shoving match. At 330-340ft. why would Kong even use his smarts, maneuverability, and ingenuity when he could just use those arms and raw power to knock Godzilla to the ground. It's more interesting that Kong being a good deal smaller has to rely on other methods, thinking outside the box (that's why they gave him his ingenuity).

He could set traps for Godzilla. Use various objects (building fragments, ships, debris, etc.) in different ways such as stabbing weapons, clubs, spears, distractions. He'll be small enough to jump on Godzilla's back and rip out spines. Greater speed and maneuverability means he could out pace and dodge attacks, and get around Godzilla to exploit his weaknesses and all that.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

mvp9056 wrote:I think 80 meters is a good size for him. It's big enough for him to believably grapple with Godzilla, but not too big where it would look strange that he's looking at Godzilla directly eye level. A less than 100ft. height difference isn't too bad considering the sizes they'd be at. I think it would give more opportunity to exploit their respective advantages and explore their deficits, without just turning into a back and forth shoving match. At 330-340ft. why would Kong even use his smarts, maneuverability, and ingenuity when he could just use those arms and raw power to knock Godzilla to the ground. It's more interesting that Kong being a good deal smaller has to rely on other methods, thinking outside the box (that's why they gave him his ingenuity).

He could set traps for Godzilla. Use various objects (building fragments, ships, debris, etc.) in different ways such as stabbing weapons, clubs, spears, distractions. He'll be small enough to jump on Godzilla's back and rip out spines. Greater speed and maneuverability means he could out pace and dodge attacks, and get around Godzilla to exploit his weaknesses and all that.
Have you seen how fast the far heavier female muto ran? Even at 330 ft Kong would be able to run far faster then that, at least three times as fast. He'd inherit strength better then Godzilla's but he'd still have to use his smarts too. It not only looks terrible to have him be anything below 320 ft, but having him be smaller then the KKVG height just wouldn't be fair and in Godzilla's favor. Plus, Godzilla keeps fighting things below his neck it'd be refreshing seeing him fight a creature of near size and exceeding strength like Kong. He'd be an actual challenge at 330 ft, and he can still jump on Godzilla's back and whatnot, like Kong in 2005 did with the V-Rex who looked bigger due to mass when Kong was just as big. Godzilla would look bigger with his mass but still.
Image Image

mvp9056
Monarch Researcher

Post by mvp9056 »

I'm not against him being over 330ft. I just prefer him being 80 to 85 meters. With the V Rex example, since it stood horizontally there was ample room for Kong to jump on its back. Godzilla stands vertically so with Kong being almost his exact height, it would be a lot less feasible for him to try that same move and hold on for a long period.

But I see your points about it being more fair that way. I've just always seen Kong as the David to Godzilla's Goliath, not quite that same proportion (that's to small for me).

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

mvp9056 wrote:I'm not against him being over 330ft. I just prefer him being 80 to 85 meters. With the V Rex example, since it stood horizontally there was ample room for Kong to jump on its back. Godzilla stands vertically so with Kong being almost his exact height, it would be a lot less feasible for him to try that same move and hold on for a long period.

But I see your points about it being more fair that way. I've just always seen Kong as the David to Godzilla's Goliath, not quite that same proportion (that's to small for me).
Yeah I see what you mean. I meant 330 ft exactly, not over. that'd be exceeding.
Image Image

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

260 max, as tall as Toho Kong or just stay at 100. That's my wish anyway, he'll probably be around 300 ft. Thas yuge.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Never would've guessed he'd be almost 400 ft. Kinda liked.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I’m tired of making Kaiju bigger and bigger. It becomes harder to suspend disbelief.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:59 pm I’m tired of making Kaiju bigger and bigger. It becomes harder to suspend disbelief.
I feel like people not paying attention to stats as we fans do are mostly unaffected. Like if I asked my friends who've watched KOTM & asked them " how big is Godzilla " I think they'd respond with something like: " Ummm, idk, 100 ft?"
Last edited by Gojira1604 on Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

This thread should be locked. GvK is out now.

Time to let it die.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

I think he'll grow at least an inch, maybe three inches if he eats his vegetables.
Last edited by GojiSquid on Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.