Godzilla ² Rumor Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Re: Godzilla ² Rumor Thread

Post by Gojira95 »

Chris55 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:Not saying it has any connection to these supposed "rumors" but didn't Chris say awhile ago that Legendary had bought the rights to five Toho monsters? Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah make four. If what Chris said was accurate there would be a fifth, but I doubt that would come into play during this movie.
A few years ago I was told that Legendary wanted the "big 5". They're at 4/5 so far and it looks like this series will go past 2020.
Interesting, I'm cool with Mechagodzilla in the Monsterverse. :)

Would you guys prefer Monarch made it or do you want it to be an alien creation like the original?

I'd prefer Monarch make it personally.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

Gojira95 wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:Not saying it has any connection to these supposed "rumors" but didn't Chris say awhile ago that Legendary had bought the rights to five Toho monsters? Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah make four. If what Chris said was accurate there would be a fifth, but I doubt that would come into play during this movie.
A few years ago I was told that Legendary wanted the "big 5". They're at 4/5 so far and it looks like this series will go past 2020.
Interesting, I'm cool with Mechagodzilla in the Monsterverse. :)

Would you guys prefer Monarch made it or do you want it to be an alien creation like the original?

I'd prefer Monarch make it personally.
I want an ayy lmao MG. We've had enough human made MGs. It's time to go back to its roots.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I want Legendary to introduce Mechagodzilla or Hedorah that way it will show those realismers their "facts" despite there being no proof WoG (Legendary) says they're taking that approach is false information they're spreading. :twisted:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Mechagodzilla is highly likely.
Like BooLugosi said, I'd prefer an "ayy lmao" MechaGodzilla, but I think something will cripple Godzilla and he'll be put out of commission, leading to the creation of a MechaG to fight the monsters in his absence, I could see it getting hijacked and running wild, leading to a final battle with the real Godzilla
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

They can still add have them in the universe and have it be "realistic" or whatever you want. It is like if they add those characters, the series is just going to straight up turn into the Showa series.

If they do MechaGodzilla, want my alien MG or at least a villainous MechaGodzilla. Maybe some sort of terrorist organization use him against both countries and kaiju.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I want Legendary to introduce Mechagodzilla or Hedorah that way it will show those realismers their "facts" despite there being no proof WoG (Legendary) says they're taking that approach is false information they're spreading. :twisted:
Eh, I don't think Hedorah is all that far fetched and unrealistic but MG would definitely put the final nail in the coffin of this whole realism thing.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

BooLugosi wrote:Eh, I don't think Hedorah is all that far fetched and unrealistic but MG would definitely put the final nail in the coffin of this whole realism thing.
A giant monster made of pollution realistic? :?
Tyrant28 wrote:It is like if they add those characters, the series is just going to straight up turn into the Showa series.
That's the approach they should take otherwise sticking to this so called "realism" members are claiming is going to get boring and stale real fast as the series goes on, try expanding it by eventually moving onto more different aspects to keep audiences interested.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:I could see it getting hijacked and running wild, leading to a final battle with the real Godzilla
Tyrant28 wrote:Maybe some sort of terrorist organization use him against both countries and kaiju.
I think this would be the best route to go with if they include a human made MG in the series. We could still get the MG that destroys and wrecks shit this way.

Added in 4 minutes 12 seconds:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
BooLugosi wrote:Eh, I don't think Hedorah is all that far fetched and unrealistic but MG would definitely put the final nail in the coffin of this whole realism thing.
A giant monster made of pollution realistic? :?
There are micro organisms trapped in ice that could escape at any moment due to global warming. Sure, none of them are gonna turn into Hedorah irl but these frozen organisms are a real life thing that Hedorah's origin could be based off of easily. In a way, something like Hedorah is probably the most realistic of the Toho kaiju.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

BooLugosi wrote:There are micro organisms trapped in ice that could escape at any moment due to global warming. Sure, none of them are gonna turn into Hedorah irl but these frozen organisms are a real life thing that Hedorah's origin could be based off of easily. In a way, something like Hedorah is probably the most realistic of the Toho kaiju.
Good point, gosh darn it now Mechagodzilla is the only plausible "unrealistic" thing to be added to prove those realismers on their false information... :mad:

Well then again we are having a three headed dragon that could possibility be of earth origin being included, oh yeah so realism indeed despite the fact there are no animals in real life with three heads nor any that reaches adulthood with even two heads... :roll:

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
BooLugosi wrote:There are micro organisms trapped in ice that could escape at any moment due to global warming. Sure, none of them are gonna turn into Hedorah irl but these frozen organisms are a real life thing that Hedorah's origin could be based off of easily. In a way, something like Hedorah is probably the most realistic of the Toho kaiju.
Good point, gosh darn it now Mechagodzilla is the only plausible "unrealistic" thing to be added to prove those realismers on their false information... :mad:

Well then again we are having a three headed dragon that could possibility be of earth origin being included, oh yeah so realism indeed despite the fact there are no animals in real life with three heads nor any that reaches adulthood with even two heads... :roll:
Not to mention that giant monsters in general are an entirely unrealistic concept and G14 and the the MUTOs origins are based around a period of time in Earth's history that didn't even exist ever.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

BooLugosi wrote:Not to mention that giant monsters in general are an entirely unrealistic concept and G14 and the the MUTOs origins are based around a period of time in Earth's history that didn't even exist ever.
Exactly, couldn't have said it any better. I'm seriously getting sick of all these so called "facts" members are spreading about realism when it hasn't even been confirmed. :mad:

On top of the things you said, let me put down the list of unrealistic things that has already been introduced shall I?

-Animal/plant hybrids
-Giant animals feeding off radiation
-Giant Permian creature that breathes atomic radiation
-Giant seemingly arthropods capable of EMP blasts
-Seemingly immortal natives

Yup so definitely realism indeed... :roll:

Bottom line is people, the realism was already thrown out of the window the moment this series began, so stop spewing all this false information on realism when it hasn't even been confirmed by WoG aka Legendary.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
BooLugosi wrote:Not to mention that giant monsters in general are an entirely unrealistic concept and G14 and the the MUTOs origins are based around a period of time in Earth's history that didn't even exist ever.
Exactly, couldn't have said it any better. I'm seriously getting sick of all these so called "facts" members are spreading about realism when it hasn't even been confirmed. :mad:
Even if that was said, these next installments are being made by different people. I doubt they are all going to keep doing the same things Gareth did for that reason alone. I can say with confidence that the tone of G2 is gonna be way different.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

BooLugosi wrote:Even if that was said, these next installments are being made by different people. I doubt they are all going to keep doing the same things Gareth did for that reason alone. I can say with confidence that the tone of G2 is gonna be way different.
Hope you're right because sticking to the realism will get boring quickly and the Showa route is the best route possible to keep the audience interested and entertained.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I want Legendary to introduce Mechagodzilla or Hedorah that way it will show those realismers their "facts" despite there being no proof WoG (Legendary) says they're taking that approach is false information they're spreading. :twisted:
Yes!!! :twisted: :twisted: They all must join the Showa side.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

CharlesBarkley
Samurai

Post by CharlesBarkley »

i'd lend more creedance towards a Super-X/Proto Jaeger inspired ground-to-air heavy ordnance battle cruiser original design to be fully operational for urban/countryside kaiJu cOmbat in the Next film than mechAgodzilla to be built in time to be battle ready, strictly speaking for the next film tHat is.
Gahhzilla...yurr turrrible

Smoke Dope, watch Kaiju flicks, and listen to Spacemen 3

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

I doubt if Legendary did get the rights to MechaGodzilla they would immediately use him in the next film after GvK. It would very jarring if a universe that mirrors our own in technological advancement suddenly is able to create a giant robotic dinosaur. I can see them doing a Thanos type of deal of building up to him in different films. One idea I could think of is a Xlllien type deal of some sapient race of aliens offer to help humanity with their monster problems and assists them with the technology to create MechaGodzilla. Only to bretray them and use MG as weapon against both humanity and kaiju alike.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

The Monsterverse takes place in a universe that is nearly identical as ours. Once they introduce MechaGodzila, there is not going to be a Godzilla flying or anything like that. So, the series will never go to the Showa route. You can tell they are trying to make this universe as close to ours. Godzilla having stump feet, somewhat more realistic origins for such creatures, and even providing realistic ways such creatures can pull of these attacks. I think it is obvious they are trying their very best to try to mirror this universe to the point of using real events that actually occurred. It is not like we don't want any unrealistic kaiju or that we want everything serious, but it is because it is logical thinking. MechaGodzilla will be awesome, but I honestly doubt his presence.
Long Live The King

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

*Sigh*...I give up...

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Tyrant28 wrote:I doubt if Legendary did get the rights to MechaGodzilla they would immediately use him in the next film after GvK. It would very jarring if a universe that mirrors our own in technological advancement suddenly is able to create a giant robotic dinosaur. I can see them doing a Thanos type of deal of building up to him in different films. One idea I could think of is a Xlllien type deal of some sapient race of aliens offer to help humanity with their monster problems and assists them with the technology to create MechaGodzilla. Only to bretray them and use MG as weapon against both humanity and kaiju alike.
It took the Showa series what, 5 movies until it went nuts with Ghidrah? 4, a lesser extent with Mothra and the twins.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

Tyrant28 wrote:I doubt if Legendary did get the rights to MechaGodzilla they would immediately use him in the next film after GvK. It would very jarring if a universe that mirrors our own in technological advancement suddenly is able to create a giant robotic dinosaur. I can see them doing a Thanos type of deal of building up to him in different films. One idea I could think of is a Xlllien type deal of some sapient race of aliens offer to help humanity with their monster problems and assists them with the technology to create MechaGodzilla. Only to bretray them and use MG as weapon against both humanity and kaiju alike.
Oooooh that's a cool idea! I actually prefer that to just Monarch making it! I think a mix of Monarch being aided by an alien race to build Mechagodzilla to protect Earth so that the humans don't feel so helpless when a monster attacks only for the aliens to betray them is very cool idea. Sort of like those Area 51 stories about using alien tech to make the stealth bomber. Trust me I can't wait for them to introduce aliens in the Monsterverse.