Godzilla ² Rumor Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Godzilla ² Rumor Thread

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Thought it'd be a great time to make a thread discussing any possible rumors that may pop up concerning Godzilla 2.
Keep in mind, posting leaks is a no-no, but discussing them is perfectly cool...
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla ² Rumor Thread

Post by dillonking55 »

Sounds fun! Some of the rumors I know about

-- One of the earlier rumors floating around for the human characters was that Kyle Chandler is playing a Zoologist & Vera Farmiga is a Paleobiologist/Ex Wife. Divorced parents potentially both working for/with Monarch with a daughter that's probably gonna get herself into some crazy monster action. Main characters are already way more interesting than 2014 lol

-- A global film, but main action might be taking place in Massachusetts.

-- Someone posted on Tumblr a few months back about seeing the new looks for Rodan, Mothra, & King Ghidorah. Rodan/KG were mostly traditional & Mothra was radical/might be controversial.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I recalled I heard something about Weaver and Conrad returning for this film...

Also Michael Dougerty tweeting that King Ghidorah being the reason the whole Space Race started in the first place.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

dillonking55 wrote:One of the earlier rumors floating around for the human characters was that Kyle Chandler is playing a Zoologist & Vera Farmiga is a Paleobiologist/Ex Wife.
The Tracking Board said this. That is actually a pretty reliable source: it's not a magazine, but is still up there with the Hollywood trades in regards to accuracy
Someone posted on Tumblr a few months back about seeing the new looks for Rodan, Mothra, & King Ghidorah. Rodan/KG were mostly traditional & Mothra was radical/might be controversial.
If you can recall, who said this? Link?

Some hack on 4chan posted that photo of a supposed Ghidorah design a while back, and God forbid that's actually what he looks like, because that thing was hideous... And not in the intended Brundlefly sort of way but rather in the vomit-inducing MusukoGoji way
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I recalled I heard something about Weaver and Conrad returning for this film...
Says who?
Also Michael Dougerty tweeting that King Ghidorah being the reason the whole Space Race started in the first place.
Keep in mind that posting a vague tweet about extraterrestrial life in no way indicates that he's referring to Ghidorah off the top.
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I really like the Space Race/Ghidorah idea but wasn't something similar already used in Transformers 3? I don't see how characters from KSI could show up. I can see Dance possibly being an aged version of Conrad but nothing in the casting thus far even hints that Larson's character could return.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

dillonking55 wrote: -- Someone posted on Tumblr a few months back about seeing the new looks for Rodan, Mothra, & King Ghidorah. Rodan/KG were mostly traditional & Mothra was radical/might be controversial.
Yeah it was either Ultramangoji or Astounding Beyond Belief who posted that. If ABB didn't post it he (or maybe Jomei or SpacehunterM) must have reblogged it, since I saw it on my feed but I don't follow Ultramangoji.

Also yeah there's supposedly an antarctic and underwater Monarch base. Heard about it a while back but the info has been spreading.

Just throwing it out there but I have a feeling the early script and it's details might leak just like last time.
Last edited by Mr_Goji_and_Watch on Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Recently, someone claiming that there were 3 set names entitled "Monarch Antarctica Base", "Monarch Underwater Base", and "Ancient Temple" (which based on a casting of "Ancient Temple guard, seems to obviously be legit)

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
dillonking55 wrote: -- Someone posted on Tumblr a few months back about seeing the new looks for Rodan, Mothra, & King Ghidorah. Rodan/KG were mostly traditional & Mothra was radical/might be controversial.
Yeah it was either Ultramangoji or Astounding Beyond Belief who posted that. If ABB didn't post it he (or maybe Jomei or SpacehunterM) must have reblogged it, since I saw it on my feed but I don't follow Ultramangoji.
I believe it was Monarchofficial.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I can see Dance possibly being an aged version of Conrad but nothing in the casting thus far even hints that Larson's character could return.
They could always reprise the same actors and make them older using CGI, that's what they did with Peggy Carter's actress in the MCU.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Dr. Professor wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
Thought it came from a member on Godzilla movies.com named MONARCH
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
Idk, man. I never go on that site so I only saw anything about it on tumblr.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

Dr. Professor wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote: I believe it was Monarchofficial.

Offtopic: I love the Crosby GIF.
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

EDIT: Wrong thread

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

@Ryguy

It was off the Tumblr account MonarchOfficial. He said he talked to a person who saw the designs. I asked about Rodan & he said the guy liked Rodan the best. Traditional, but with some cool new features.

Looking through his Tumblr, I'm not seeing the original posts, so I'm not sure if he deleted them or not.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

morgoth wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote: Thought it came from a member on Godzilla movies.com named MONARCH

Offtopic: I love the Crosby GIF.
Hell yeah, dude. Cool to see another Pens fan around here.

Anyway, if he really did see the designs, I'm even more interested in what they're doing with Mothra for this film now, since her design is apparently controversial.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Hell compared to the countless radical Mothra Leo design threw up out of there asses I can deal with this as long as Mothra ain't no goddamn carnivore this time.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:Hell compared to the countless radical Mothra Leo design threw up out of there asses I can deal with this as long as Mothra ain't no goddamn carnivore this time.
When was Mothra a carnivore?
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

morgoth wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:Hell compared to the countless radical Mothra Leo design threw up out of there asses I can deal with this as long as Mothra ain't no goddamn carnivore this time.
When was Mothra a carnivore?
Never really unless you count the people she pulled under water in GMK.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlacktimusPrime »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Thought it'd be a great time to make a thread discussing any possible rumors that may pop up concerning Godzilla 2.
Keep in mind, posting leaks is a no-no, but discussing them is perfectly cool...
Are you sure this is a godzilla 2 thread and not a godzilla squared thread?

On topic and assuming it's legit, I'm actually interested in this radical mothra redesign. Don't get me wrong, I like the classic design and everything, but I'm open to a major redesign, as long as it's cool.
Coobzilla03 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla in general sucks. Just awful. I mean a man in a suit knocking down papercraft buildings?

Turn me into a twix and give me a break.

Mutated animals that are huge that fight each other.
Here goji, have a Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

I hope the Mothra design is appealing. I'm fine with radical redesigns but I want it to look good. Mothra is one of my favorite kaiju and I like Mothra just as much as Goji.