An idea how mechagodzilla could appear in the monsterverse

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

An idea how mechagodzilla could appear in the monsterverse

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

Ok the idea of humans making a mech that resembles godzilla is kind of silly. Especially since this universe is going for realism. I think that mechagodzilla could go back to his alien roots. Yes I know aliens is quite silly too for this universe but what honestly sounds more plausible?

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Re: An idea how mechagodzilla could appear in the monsterverse

Post by BooLugosi »

The realism aspect is only supposed to apply to how the humans react to the kaiju and the world they live in. MG could appear in the Monsterverse in any form. It would be fine.

Goji_Boy
Ronin

Post by Goji_Boy »

Mechagodzilla seems more believable in the Pacific Rim universe honestly. If we ever get a Monsterverse/Pacific Rim crossover in the distant future that's where my bet would be.
Goji Boy uploads a movie review twice a month!

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

BooLugosi wrote:The realism aspect is only supposed to apply to how the humans react to the kaiju and the world they live in. MG could appear in the Monsterverse in any form. It would be fine.
i always hear people say this, yet theres never a source. Does anyone actually have a source for this?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

MechaGodzilla will apear when its time. There is a reason toho waothed 20 years to introduce him in the showa series. We are at 1964 stage of the G verse if you compare legendary to Toho.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Here is my counter to everyone saying it's not possible for Mechagodzilla in this universe: Kaiju materials. Not just bones, but also hides, and other bodyparts.

Realistically, every time a possible new resource is discovered, mankind jumps on it to study how it can be used for various purposes like industrial, economical, war, medical, ect.... They can explain away that these monsters mere existence rewrites everything we know about physicals. Between just the kaiju on skull island, plus fossilized Adam bones, plus dead muto carcasses, plus Godzilla flesh samples in the city from his Muto fight equals scientists have a field day for data.

What I am getting at is Mechagodzilla can for created using hybrid metal alloys made of metals we know plus kaiju hides and other body parts. You can easily explain in the plot that because of how the kaiju bodies are structured, scientists find ways cloning the kaiju parts that skyrocket the economy and industrial sectors of the world.

Realistically, it's IMO more practical and in the long run economical to create a robot kaiju made of hybrid metals and cloned kaiju body parts and materials that we can control than cloning a complete kaiju that we try and tame.

It's a simple way to get around the whole "It's too expensive, it's not realistic" arguments that does not break the movies estabilished mythos, therefore it's not a plot hole.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

personally I don't want to see mechG at all
your source of self destruction

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
BooLugosi wrote:The realism aspect is only supposed to apply to how the humans react to the kaiju and the world they live in. MG could appear in the Monsterverse in any form. It would be fine.
i always hear people say this, yet theres never a source. Does anyone actually have a source for this?
You mean that the "realism" is only meant to apply to the reaction to kaiju? What source do you need, other than just watching the damn movies?

In the MonsterVerse so far we're supposed to believe that:

1. A giant reptile that breathes fire can walk around on land without being crushed under its own weight.
2. The MUTOs exist at all, since they seem to belong to no classification of any earth animal and they could never support their own weight on their thin legs.
3. There was a period in Earth's history where the surface was hugely radioactive, and during this time giant arachnids (which is what I'll call the MUTOs for argument's sake) and giant reptiles existed and fed on radiation. Never mind that unless this time period was during either the Paleozoic or Mesozoic Eras, neither arachnids nor reptiles would have even existed yet. And then these arachnids and reptiles somehow continued to survive after this time period beneath the Earth's crust and at the bottom of the ocean.
4. An "alpha predator" would just kill its prey and then leave without consuming any of their flesh.
5. Hollow Earth theory is valid and inside that hollow earth, giant reptiles are hiding.
6. A giant ape can grow to 100 feet tall without being crushed under its own weight, and can survive on a relatively small island despite a warm blooded animal that size needing a massive caloric intake to survive and there not being nearly enough flora and fauna to support that diet.

If all that seems like a "realistic" approach to anything but how the humans in the universe react, then how is a giant robot implausible?
Kinggoji1962 wrote:Ok the idea of humans making a mech that resembles godzilla is kind of silly. Especially since this universe is going for realism. I think that mechagodzilla could go back to his alien roots. Yes I know aliens is quite silly too for this universe but what honestly sounds more plausible?
Well, A) aliens are not too silly and B) I agree that I would like to see an alien Mechagodzilla, especially since then you could easily have it be based on the original concept for the 1994 Mechagodzilla without having to explain how humanity suddenly developed both a transforming robot and masers and missiles that can hurt Godzilla.

I mean, let's face it, everyone's first reaction to a JSDF-created Mechagodzilla is always, "How come missiles from all other military equipment can't hurt Godzilla, but the ones Mechagodzilla fires clearly do hurt him?"

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

BooLugosi wrote:The realism aspect is only supposed to apply to how the humans react to the kaiju and the world they live in.
People keep saying this but have yet to cite a valid source.

Aliens ain't happening. Just like Power Rangers, Atlantis, vampires, Gargantuas, Jet Jaguar and 350 foot Kong ain't happening.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

BARAGONBREH wrote: People keep saying this but have yet to cite a valid source.

Aliens ain't happening. Just like Gargantuas, Jet Jaguar and 350 foot Kong ain't happening.
Do you have any proof? Any official/valid sources on any of this not appearing? Because at the moment, you don't have any more proof of this stuff not appearing than they do for it appearing. And give actual reasoning, beyond "unrealistic", and not just your opinion.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Do you have any proof? Any official/valid sources on any of this not appearing? Because at the moment, you don't have any more proof of this stuff not appearing than they do for it appearing.
Lol. Epic burden of proof fail.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

BARAGONBREH wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Do you have any proof? Any official/valid sources on any of this not appearing? Because at the moment, you don't have any more proof of this stuff not appearing than they do for it appearing.
Lol. Epic burden of proof fail.
I was unaware I had committed a logical error. You win this time, and I mean no sarcasm or snark in that. I'll remember this the next time I choose to call someone out over something, thanks. I still disagree with you, but you win this debate.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

RandomDeinonychus wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
You mean that the "realism" is only meant to apply to the reaction to kaiju? What source do you need, other than just watching the damn movies?

In the MonsterVerse so far we're supposed to believe that:

1. A giant reptile that breathes fire can walk around on land without being crushed under its own weight.
2. The MUTOs exist at all, since they seem to belong to no classification of any earth animal and they could never support their own weight on their thin legs.
3. There was a period in Earth's history where the surface was hugely radioactive, and during this time giant arachnids (which is what I'll call the MUTOs for argument's sake) and giant reptiles existed and fed on radiation. Never mind that unless this time period was during either the Paleozoic or Mesozoic Eras, neither arachnids nor reptiles would have even existed yet. And then these arachnids and reptiles somehow continued to survive after this time period beneath the Earth's crust and at the bottom of the ocean.
4. An "alpha predator" would just kill its prey and then leave without consuming any of their flesh.
5. Hollow Earth theory is valid and inside that hollow earth, giant reptiles are hiding.
6. A giant ape can grow to 100 feet tall without being crushed under its own weight, and can survive on a relatively small island despite a warm blooded animal that size needing a massive caloric intake to survive and there not being nearly enough flora and fauna to support that diet.

If all that seems like a "realistic" approach to anything but how the humans in the universe react, then how is a giant robot implausible?
If anybody asks me about why I say the realism only applies to the humans, I'm just gonna quote this because it pretty much explains it. The Monsterverse has bullshit science and logic. Why not make it more bullshit like Mechas and Aliens for fun? It's a Hollywood popcorn film series that doesn't need to take itself too seriously anyway. It's not like it's a series that is trying to make masterpieces(Like the 100% superior God tier Shin Gojira).

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

BARAGONBREH wrote:
BooLugosi wrote:The realism aspect is only supposed to apply to how the humans react to the kaiju and the world they live in.

Aliens ain't happening. Just like Power Rangers, Atlantis, vampires, Gargantuas, Jet Jaguar and 350 foot Kong ain't happening.
Go look for it, it was said like twenty times from 2012-2014 in Godzilla interviews.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think the best way to bring in Mechagodzilla is to include a 20+ year timeskip in the Monsterverse following Godzilla Vs Kong.

The Royal SCP
Yojimbo

Post by The Royal SCP »

Mechagodzilla being of alien roots sounds like a good idea, in my opinion!
The TRUE Royal SCP

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I mentioned this in a thread somewhere here, a while back. Honestly, I think that you could really do something with the dead Godzilla bones that they found at the beginning of "Godzilla". Do a Kiryu type thing. However, I think the alien thing would be a bit too out there, and cheesy. I think, instead, they could do something like the mission: impossible series is doing, and introduce an opposing group to monarch. The big bad woof of today's age is... terrorist! So, why not replace aliens with terrorist, who steal the dead Godzilla bones and use that to create a monster to wreck havoc?

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

miguelnuva wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:

Go look for it, it was said like twenty times from 2012-2014 in Godzilla interviews.
Google isn't finding it. + burden of proof lies on the ones making the claim, not me.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

BARAGONBREH wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:

Google isn't finding it. + burden of proof lies on the ones making the claim, not me.
You'll have to take our word for it then.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

BARAGONBREH wrote:Google isn't finding it. + burden of proof lies on the ones making the claim, not me.
BARAGONBREH wrote:Aliens ain't happening. Just like Power Rangers, Atlantis, vampires, Gargantuas, Jet Jaguar and 350 foot Kong ain't happening.
Okay, but the burden of proof then lies on you to prove these claims that you made. I won't debate on the obvious ones like Power Rangers, since that is obviously not going to happen since Legendary would have to get the rights, and they haven't even hinted at a Pacific Rim crossover--which would make way more sense and wouldn't have major rights obstacles.

However, you have zero proof that aliens and 350 foot King Kong aren't happening. So stop playing "gotcha" unless you can show proof of where anyone involved said any of these elements are not happening.