Kong Skull Island Comic Book Thread!

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Re: Kong Skull Island Comic Book Thread!

Post by Hokmuto »

charliesheenkaiju wrote:Ehh I ended up finding it online. Seems like theyre saving digital downloads for when they bundle all the issues into one volume.

Anyways
Spoiler:
How did the natives learn to speak let alone English? Could have something to do with Marlows time on the island he obviously wasn't just mute with them.
Yeah, but if that was the case then
Spoiler:
how come they didn't even attempt or talked a bit of broken English when Marlow was there? Why when he left the island that is when they learned?
Long Live The King

Redem
Monsterland Worker

Post by Redem »

I thought it was suprisingly good, at least compare Awakening, I look forward to the next issues

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

How does a species that eats itself, not just others of it's kind but itself not go extinct? Their birth rate must be insane.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Living Corpse wrote:How does a species that eats itself, not just others of it's kind but itself not go extinct? Their birth rate must be insane.
Yeah, especially because
Spoiler:
Kong doesn't protect them. On the contrary, Kong kills them to help other smaller creatures like the humans.
Long Live The King

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Hokmuto wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:How does a species that eats itself, not just others of it's kind but itself not go extinct? Their birth rate must be insane.
Yeah, especially because
Spoiler:
Kong doesn't protect them. On the contrary, Kong kills them to help other smaller creatures like the humans.
Gotta love how the threat analysis says it's more of a threat to itself than humans. Especially after how they introduced the things, yeah less of a threat to us and not being a threat are two different things. :lol:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

For some reason the comic isn't allowed here in Canada based on the fact I tried to order it at the comic place where it wasn't there...What's up with that?

charliesheenkaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by charliesheenkaiju »

Hokmuto wrote:
charliesheenkaiju wrote:Ehh I ended up finding it online. Seems like theyre saving digital downloads for when they bundle all the issues into one volume.

Anyways
Spoiler:
How did the natives learn to speak let alone English? Could have something to do with Marlows time on the island he obviously wasn't just mute with them.
Yeah, but if that was the case then
Spoiler:
how come they didn't even attempt or talked a bit of broken English when Marlow was there? Why when he left the island that is when they learned?
Maybe the shobijin/mothra twins taught them :lol:
Kong better not touch my drumset!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

So when does issue 2 come out?

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Living Corpse wrote:So when does issue 2 come out?
Sometime in September.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:For some reason the comic isn't allowed here in Canada based on the fact I tried to order it at the comic place where it wasn't there...What's up with that?
I noticed that too. I get the Diamond Previews catalogue every month and in the solicitation it says "Only Available in the U.S. No U.S Territories!"
The only other time I see that is for some of the nude covers for Cavewoman. They won't ship them to Canada.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Tyrant28 wrote:
Sometime in September.
In the comic book, it says May.
Long Live The King

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Hokmuto wrote:
Tyrant28 wrote:
Sometime in September.
In the comic book, it says May.
Yeah, comics usually are released month after month.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:I noticed that too. I get the Diamond Previews catalogue every month and in the solicitation it says "Only Available in the U.S. No U.S Territories!"
The only other time I see that is for some of the nude covers for Cavewoman. They won't ship them to Canada.
This is total BS... -_-

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:This is total BS... -_-
Yeah I know.

Here is the solicitation

They took out a whole page ad to promote the series

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Considering I'll be going to Duluth in the Summer, maybe there is a chance I'll be able to get it if I manage to find it.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

How much you wanna bet it's the tie in comic that gives us a creature profile for King Kong and the Skullcrawler?

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Living Corpse wrote:How much you wanna bet it's the tie in comic that gives us a creature profile for King Kong and the Skullcrawler?
Most likely consider Aaron and his group supposedly will learn the history between the Kongs and Skullcrawlers, plus the Iwi are openly talkative now. Also would imagine they wanted to include Kong's full height for the profile of his species.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Finally got #1. A good start to the series. Definitely will continue with it.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Is issue 2 even out yet? I can't find it anywhere.

EDIT: My copy says issue 2 comes out in May, but I'm seeing digital copies say issue 2 comes out in June or even September. :dizzy:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Is the comic bi-monthly?