Kong Skull Island Comic Book Thread!

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Re: Kong Skull Island Comic Book Thread!

Post by morgoth »

ernesth100 wrote:
I cant stand Godzilla fans. I cant imagine if G lost the Hedorah storm they'd throw. -_-
I can't stand them either lol. G fans are some of the nastiest fans in pop culture (believe me I've seen Star Wars, Alien, Terminator, Minecraft, Marvel, DC and others at their worst). When I was a kid if someone told me they were a G fan, I would make an effort to talk to them, Now I make an effort to stay away from them.
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

morgoth wrote:
ernesth100 wrote:
I cant stand Godzilla fans. I cant imagine if G lost the Hedorah storm they'd throw. -_-
I can't stand them either lol. G fans are some of the nastiest fans in pop culture (believe me I've seen Star Wars, Alien, Terminator, Minecraft, Marvel, DC and others at their worst). When I was a kid if someone told me they were a G fan, I would make an effort to talk to them, Now I make an effort to stay away from them.
They have this almighty idea that Godzilla is da best and can never lose.
Image Image

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

KingKong2005 wrote:
morgoth wrote:
ernesth100 wrote: I cant stand Godzilla fans. I cant imagine if G lost the Hedorah storm they'd throw. -_-
Exactly. Some you can't even make a valid argument because as soon as they start realizing you have a point, down come the insults.

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

KingKong2005 wrote:
morgoth wrote:
ernesth100 wrote: I cant stand Godzilla fans. I cant imagine if G lost the Hedorah storm they'd throw. -_-
To be fair I will be rooting for Godzilla in 2020, but if it's a tie or G loses the sun will come up tomorrow. A lot of these people (and I include myself in this) have watched G since the late 70's and early 80's on tv and mostly watched him as the hero; so when I (they too) was much older and watched Mothra subdue G in a silk cocoon, I was scratching my head lol. The problem is those guys can't argue normally about this whether it be online or in person. I remember in 1997, I was in a comic book shop in Texas and these two guys got into a fist fight over who was better G or Kong; Grown fucking men physically fighting over this! Tbh, I LOVE both of these characters; They are near and dear to heart and I don't want to either lose or be killed to be very honest.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

I don't understand why my comment was quoted. Can anyone elaborate?
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

KingKong2005 wrote:They have this almighty idea that Godzilla is da best and can never lose.
Despite the amounts of losses and times he almost did but managed to pull through. :roll:

-King Kong
-Mothra Larvaes
-King Ghidorah (Showa)
-Mechagodzilla (Showa)
-Mothra (Heisei) and Battra
-Mecha-King Ghidorah
-Mechagodzilla (Heisei)
-SpaceGodzilla
-Kiryu and Mothra Larvaes

While he also almost lost to but won through plot or outside help:

-Kumonga (Showa); Help from Minilla
-Hedorah (Showa); Help from humanity
-Gigan (Showa) and King Ghidorah (Showa); Help from humanity
-Mechagodzilla (Showa); help from King Caesar
-Mechagodzilla II (Showa) and Titanosaurus; Help from humanity
-King Ghidorah (Heisei); Help from humanity
-Mechagodzilla (Heisei); Help from Rodan (Heisei)
-SpaceGodzilla; Help from Moguera (Heisei)
-Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah; Help from humanity

Totally DA KING amIriteorwut? Seriously though do these people even watch the movies? Either that or they're blind. :?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

Again, just being fair here guys:

Kong 1933: Killed by humans
Kong 1976: See above
Kong 2005: See above
King Kong Lives: Male killed by humans; mother and offspring survive
Son of Kong- I never saw
King Kong Escapes: Legitimately beat Gorosaurus; Got his ass handed to him by Mecha Kong; Mecha Kong only got destroyed when Tokyo Tower fell apart.
King Kong vs Godzilla: Godzilla had the upper hand until Deus ex Machina (lightning)
Kong Skull Island: The mother Skull Crawler would've tore his head off if it weren't for Houston Brooks firing the machine guns at her to distract her and give Kong a chance to escape.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:They have this almighty idea that Godzilla is da best and can never lose.
Despite the amounts of losses and times he almost did but managed to pull through. :roll:

-King Kong
-Mothra Larvaes
-King Ghidorah (Showa)
-Mechagodzilla (Showa)
-Mothra (Heisei) and Battra
-Mecha-King Ghidorah
-Mechagodzilla (Heisei)
-SpaceGodzilla
-Kiryu and Mothra Larvaes

While he also almost lost to but won through plot or outside help:

-Kumonga (Showa); Help from Minilla
-Hedorah (Showa); Help from humanity
-Gigan (Showa) and King Ghidorah (Showa); Help from humanity
-Mechagodzilla (Showa); help from King Caesar
-Mechagodzilla II (Showa) and Titanosaurus; Help from humanity
-King Ghidorah (Heisei); Help from humanity
-Mechagodzilla (Heisei); Help from Rodan (Heisei)
-SpaceGodzilla; Help from Moguera (Heisei)
-Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah; Help from humanity

Totally DA KING amIriteorwut? Seriously though do these people even watch the movies? Either that or they're blind. :?
Don't forget g14: saved by Ford.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Don't forget g14: saved by Ford.
Ah right, that one slipped my mind apparently.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I'm a way bigger Godzilla fan than I am a Kong fan and I still expect Kong to win in their film.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

morgoth wrote:Again, just being fair here guys:

Kong 1933: Killed by humans
Kong 1976: See above
Kong 2005: See above
King Kong Lives: Male killed by humans; mother and offspring survive
Son of Kong- I never saw
King Kong Escapes: Legitimately beat Gorosaurus; Got his ass handed to him by Mecha Kong; Mecha Kong only got destroyed when Tokyo Tower fell apart.
King Kong vs Godzilla: Godzilla had the upper hand until Deus ex Machina (lightning)
Kong Skull Island: The mother Skull Crawler would've tore his head off if it weren't for Houston Brooks firing the machine guns at her to distract her and give Kong a chance to escape.
They nerfed Kong in the new one in terms of fighting abilities compared to 2005 who was a beast. But you're forgetting that Kong has died mostly because it's due to retellings of the classic film, as a legit kaiju he would have no problem be it the millitary or other kaiju.
Image Image

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I'm a way bigger Godzilla fan than I am a Kong fan and I still expect Kong to win in their film.
I mean, yeah. it's almost a guarantee. Unless 2019 adds some sort of emotional value to godzilla, which I don't think is going to happen.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I'm not so sure about that. The director is obviously way more a Godzilla fan based on his tweets. Legendary is even given Godzilla another film before GvsKong (they could have just gone straight to GvsKong and called that the sequel).

I expect Godzilla to "win" but Kong to live. Hopefully it won't be exactly similar to Batman vs Superman.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

The two have both had their losses and victories. Which is why no one should be upset regardless of who wins. Its an even fight and at the end of the day honestly depends on who fights smarter and better. Which could go either way as this version of G definately isnt stupid. And neither is this Kong.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I'm a way bigger Godzilla fan than I am a Kong fan and I still expect Kong to win in their film.
I mean, yeah. it's almost a guarantee. Unless 2019 adds some sort of emotional value to godzilla, which I don't think is going to happen.
I think just the fact that it'll be two movies to one that there will be more emotional resonance with Godzilla. And Godzilla did the whole "save the world" thing in the first film, with an assist from humanity in destroying the MUTO eggs. Then again, more emotional resonance = greater reaction to death/defeat. It could really go either way for me; right now I don't have a strong feeling one way or another.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

I think that in terms of who will stop fighting and register the other as a clear guardian and protector is Kong, and he'll put his hands down until Godzilla tries to straight up kill him, but it'd be clear he isn't retreating but is leading Godzilla away who is unconsciously causing all of the destruction that he is.
Image Image

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

vibramrunner wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
I think just the fact that it'll be two movies to one that there will be more emotional resonance with Godzilla. And Godzilla did the whole "save the world" thing in the first film, with an assist from humanity in destroying the MUTO eggs. Then again, more emotional resonance = greater reaction to death/defeat. It could really go either way for me; right now I don't have a strong feeling one way or another.
Godzilla "saved the world" because his own species was in direct competition with the MUTOs' species, and he was an apex predator too. He didn't "save" San Fran for the sake of humanity; he did it because it was in his nature to destroy threats to his own survival/territory.

Kong intentionally saved people in KSI and was much more of a character rather than a plot device.
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Ryguy wrote:
vibramrunner wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote: I mean, yeah. it's almost a guarantee. Unless 2019 adds some sort of emotional value to godzilla, which I don't think is going to happen.
Godzilla "saved the world" because his own species was in direct competition with the MUTOs' species, and he was an apex predator too. He didn't "save" San Fran for the sake of humanity; he did it because it was in his nature to destroy threats to his own survival/territory.

Kong intentionally saved people in KSI and was much more of a character rather than a plot device.
Yes. Sorry btw not trying to bring up an old debate but Kong has emotional intentions to save human life while Godzilla mainly cares for himself and his species.
Image Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Don't forget g14: saved by Ford.
Ah right, that one slipped my mind apparently.
And:

Super-X: Nuke brings Godzilla back from a loss. Without it there would not have been a round 2.
Super-X3: Flat out beats him.
Gotengo: Took advantage of an earthquake and sealed him in a hole in the Antarctic.
Same and I'd still be fine with Godzilla losing to King Kong again. Or even Gamera should that crossover ever happen. It's getting to the point where I want Godzilla to lose just just to spite the fanboys who deny he ever loses or that he isn't the strongest monster and completely miss the point of why this character is so great.

They laugh at GINO fanboys getting all pissy over GINO 2.0/Zilla getting killed by Godzilla in GFW but fail to realize they they are ironically just as bad whenever someone brings up he lost to two fucking worms.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charliesheenkaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by charliesheenkaiju »

What does this last page of banter have to do with the COMIC BOOK? Only relevant argument is how Kong intentionally protects humans or at least those that he knows respects him and nature.
Kong better not touch my drumset!