Kong Skull Island Comic Book Thread!

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Cookson
Futurian

Re: Kong Skull Island Comic Book Thread!

Post by Cookson »

Wow.. pretty disappointing ending.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

charliesheenkaiju wrote: HOWEVER did anyone else notice on the last page, the promo for trade paperback edition supposedly will include a bonus feature called "secrets of the monsterverse"? I wouldn't hold my breath but it could be a peek of whats to come in Godzilla 2 or even just more cool background info on what we already know.
Watch it be a 2 page spread of the timeline they had on Twitter.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Not going lie, that would be cool. There's a lot of stuff on that timeline we haven't seen before.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Gojira2K wrote:Not going lie, that would be cool. There's a lot of stuff on that timeline we haven't seen before.
Hasn't most if not all of it been deciphered though? I know a lot of people with 4K monitors and recording equipment have made the stuff we zoom past like the mercenary readable.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

I think you're right that most of it has been deciphered, but there probably is a few left that we haven't seen.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

This and "Awakening" were disappointing.
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

This series is no way as terrible as Awakening. It is not even bad overall, just the ending itself was a letdown.
Last edited by Tyrant28 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Tyrant28 wrote:This series is no way as terrible as Awakening. It is not even bad overall, just the ending itself was a letdown.
True, Awakening was godzilla awful and just messed up the timeline so badly.
Image Image

Tarbosaurus
GPN Volunteer

Post by Tarbosaurus »

Eh, if we can have a series where a Permian period Archosaurid can spew out a flamethrower of blue radioactive plasma, I think we can accept the big ape having a super-duper-uber growth spurt. They probably should have shown a change, but not a deal breaker for me.
"That's what I get for attacking a pirate-scientist." - POLE7645 on Ogata's life choices

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I had a thought... What if they don't plan on having Kong grow much in GvsKong? Can you picture this Kong jumping around Godzillas back as a shield versus other monsters?

I don't know... He seems bigger, but not by much. Not sure what they're planning here
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Any other creature profiles, like the tiger or is it just King Kong?
Cookson wrote:I had a thought... What if they don't plan on having Kong grow much in GvsKong? Can you picture this Kong jumping around Godzillas back as a shield versus other monsters?

I don't know... He seems bigger, but not by much. Not sure what they're planning here
I thought about that last night night, having him climb on Godzilla like a monkey on a person.

The Male MUTO was only around 60 meters and Godzilla couldn't get a good hit on it and amazingly it was able to drag him or even swing around his neck like a gymnast.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Living Corpse wrote:Any other creature profiles, like the tiger or is it just King Kong?
Cookson wrote:I had a thought... What if they don't plan on having Kong grow much in GvsKong? Can you picture this Kong jumping around Godzillas back as a shield versus other monsters?

I thought about that last night night, having him climb on Godzilla like a monkey on a person.

The Male MUTO was only around 60 meters and Godzilla couldn't get a good hit on it and amazingly it was able to drag him or even swing around his neck like a gymnast.
No. No. Absolutely not. Since 62, we have one good shot at making this film and you guys want Kong to be as big as the male muto? That's absolutely crazy, Everyone is so afraid of seeing an even battle. Kong isn't a male muto, Kong is Kong and should be nearly as big as Godzilla. I was with you guys but since I been on these forums and have read the GVK thread i'm convinced Kong should be nearly as big as Godzilla. 300 ft at least.
Image Image

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Kong and Mother Longlegs were only creatures with a creature profile.

The thing I’ve multiple people saying Kong should be around the Hokmuto’s size, burn the problem is that he was only able to handle Godzilla because he had wings. Even then he could not handle Godzilla on his own from the Hawaii tv footage since he just attack Godzilla a bit before fleeing.

Kong in this comic seems around 40 or maybe even close to 50 meters, so by then the time of GvK he will be pass that range.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KingKong2005 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Any other creature profiles, like the tiger or is it just King Kong?

No. No. Absolutely not. Since 62, we have one good shot at making this film and you guys want Kong to be as big as the male muto? That's absolutely crazy, Everyone is so afraid of seeing an even battle. Kong isn't a male muto, Kong is Kong and should be nearly as big as Godzilla. I was with you guys but since I been on these forums and have read the GVK thread i'm convinced Kong should be nearly as big as Godzilla. 300 ft at least.
Who said I wanted him to be male MUTO sized?
Tyrant28 wrote:Kong and Mother Longlegs were only creatures with a creature profile.
So still no english profile for the tigers. They better get one in the paperback as an extra.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

KingKong2005 wrote:

Who said that's what we wanted. I was just starting a conversation is all. There's not much growth of Kong in this comic, so why would he grow to Godzillas size is another 20+ years? If he would have grown in this comic, sure we have something happening, but he didn't.

This comic series was fun till the letdown of a ending. Was expecting the holy crap he's grown moment...

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

At this point I'll even take MONARCH experimenting on him to weaponize him in his fight with Godzilla as a reason for a huge growth spurt. We know Huston wants to return to the island, in part because of Kong.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

KingKong2005 wrote:
Tyrant28 wrote:This series is no way as terrible as Awakening. It is not even bad overall, just the ending itself was a letdown.
True, Awakening was godzilla awful and just messed up the timeline so badly.
Yes, let's never forget:

The USS Nautilus timetravelling back in time 4 years and turning into a (DISGUSTING LOOKING) Minisub

The permian extinction being an asteriod impact (It's even worse now that G2014 fanboys are using this as proof that GEDZELLER 2014 ES TEH STRUNGES GEDZELLER EVAR SHIN SUX)

Serizawa somehow being over 70 years old

Godzilla shapeshifting throughout the comic

Godzilla being discovered in 1946

and finally

The ENTIRE EXISTENCE OF SHINOMURA
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

I'm pretty sure an astriod is one of the most popular theorized causes of the Permian extinction.

I never had a problem with Shinomura, pretty neat monster with the concept Destroyah and Hedorah had but focus even more on that.

The art direction and the obvous fact that comic was based off the older scripts of the movie was my main problems.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Tyrant28 wrote:I'm pretty sure an astriod is one of the most popular theorized causes of the Permian extinction.

I never had a problem with Shinomura, pretty neat monster with the concept Destroyah and Hedorah had but focus even more on that.

The art direction and the obvous fact that comic was based off the older scripts of the movie was my main problems.
1. Almost nobody with credibility puts stock in the asteroid theory. There's no evidence, and we already have a much more likely cause that has left evidence.

2. Shinomura fits nowhere in the timeline of any other MV timelines shown. There's no mention of it in G14, no mention of it in any G14 material apart from G:A, and does not fit in the K:SI revision of the timeline.

3. Same.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Unless there was something that said the Permian Impact was completely debunked, I haven’t seen anything that said that. Even then it is a universe that says the Permian period was super radioactive and could sustained species of giant lifeforms, so accuracy shouldn’t really matter at that point.

And I never said Shinomura fits in the MonsterVerse, it didn’t fit when G14 was on thing since we saw Godzilla get a face full of Castle Bravo and there was no death swarm nearby. Though I would like them to reuse the creature in a non inconsistent way.
Last edited by Tyrant28 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.