Kong Skull Island Comic Book Thread!

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Re: Kong Skull Island Comic Book Thread!

Post by RamshackleRanger »

KingKong2005 wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
Relair wrote:Seems convoluted to not use a name when it has a name though. They never say Wonder Woman in that movie and everyone knows its still her name. Ah well, thanks for the info!
... Because she's an extremely popular preexisting character? And it's the title of the movie?

Plus, we aren't even 100% sure that's the name of the big one. Literally all the trademark says is "Ramarak the Skull Crawler."
If a Ramarak figure is ever made I can guarantee you it would show the name Ramarak. That's 100% his name.
Yeah, but it hasn't come out. Hell, nothing is attached to that name at all.

As many guarantees as you make, nothing except official announcement from legendary can confirm it.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote: ... Because she's an extremely popular preexisting character? And it's the title of the movie?

Plus, we aren't even 100% sure that's the name of the big one. Literally all the trademark says is "Ramarak the Skull Crawler."
If a Ramarak figure is ever made I can guarantee you it would show the name Ramarak. That's 100% his name.
Yeah, but it hasn't come out. Hell, nothing is attached to that name at all.

As many guarantees as you make, nothing except official announcement from legendary can confirm it.
I will still call it "Ramarak" instead of "The Big One".
Ugh, that makes me wonder: Why would they even trademark that name if they never actually used it?
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

Destorogoji wrote: I will still call it "Ramarak" instead of "The Big One".
Ugh, that makes me wonder: Why would they even trademark that name if they never actually used it?
Hopefully for future merchandising and/or flashbacks, prequels, games etc! Its awkward to try and name a monster I guess and fit it into a movie in a believable way. Thinking back on all the old movies, most of the time its just "Muwahaha I am an alien, fear the might of our mighty monster, <insert name here>!" or "I am some random side character, I'm going to randomly pull a name out of my ass for no apparent reason and everyone in the world is going to just go with it!"
Last edited by Relair on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Destorogoji wrote: I will still call it "Ramarak" instead of "The Big One".
Likely to prevent any other company from using it.

Marlow said in the film that "The Iwi won't speak it's name", so probably in very early stages of the script, that was the Iwi name for the Skull Crawlers.