Kong Skull Island Comic Book Thread!

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Kong Skull Island Comic Book Thread!

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Actually, there use to be this Yu-Gi-Oh card called Island Turtle, basically what we see in the comics, minus the stone like skin
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Issue 3 pushed back to August 30, when last time I checked it was August 2. Really annoying me how they keep doing this. Although in other news, comixology has issue 4 listed as August 23, so once again it's coming out first. I wonder how long until they catch that this time. :lol:

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Issue 3 pushed back to August 30, when last time I checked it was August 2. Really annoying me how they keep doing this. Although in other news, comixology has issue 4 listed as August 23, so once again it's coming out first. I wonder how long until they catch that this time. :lol:
Well, at least it will be released on my birthday. I guess that's one positive for me.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Yeah it's kind of hard to support supplemental materials when they keep doing that, most people outside of die hard fans would give up and forget about it. It's getting to the point where I don't care about the story anymore, I just want the creature bios, we learn cool things like how Skullcrawler see body heat like some snakes.

And I wanna know if there is more to King Kong's biology or anatomy than meets the eyes.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Living Corpse wrote:Yeah it's kind of hard to support supplemental materials when they keep doing that, most people outside of die hard fans would give up and forget about it. It's getting to the point where I don't care about the story anymore, I just want the creature bios, we learn cool things like how Skullcrawler see body heat like some snakes.

And I wanna know if there is more to King Kong's biology or anatomy than meets the eyes.
I also really want to see if they'll show us how much Kong has grown up to the 1990s. So far all we've seen is his foot, and it was hard to tell if he was any bigger.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

Showa Gyaos wrote:Well, at least it will be released on my birthday. I guess that's one positive for me.
Here's an early Happy Birthday. I got you a birthday cupcake.

ebirah_scampi
Interpol Agent

Post by ebirah_scampi »

Looks like issue 3 was delayed yet another month, the supposed new release date is September 27.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Well it turns out the main reason for the delays was because the artist had an vertigo attack. And after that their hard drive crashed and cause them to lose few pages which they had to redo. But it seems like everything is back in order and the next issue is coming soon. I don't know if that means it aligning with the September 27 date.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

ebirah_scampi
Interpol Agent

Post by ebirah_scampi »

Interesting, where did you hear this?

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

From their Tumblr page http://mohammadyazid.tumblr.com/
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Well certainly more sympathetic about the delay now.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Okay I'm less upset now that I know what the delays are, Ican even relate as my computer is being fixed and I'm currently trying to get a new one. Its a pain typing on a PS4.

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

Cover for issue #3

Poor little Kong. :(

Redem
Monsterland Worker

Post by Redem »

I like it a lot, though I wish it it i didn't remind of Batman so much

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

"The longer the message board thread, the probability of Batman being mentioned approaches 1."
. . .

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

That cover is so sad. :(
On a slightly unrelated note did you guys know a King Kong/Planet of The Apes crossover is coming out in a couple of months?

mvp9056
Monarch Researcher

Post by mvp9056 »

I wonder if we'll finally find out how big Kong will be now in modern times

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Gojira95 wrote:Cover for issue #3

Poor little Kong. :(
Adding this one clip. Just a little tiny bit of it. 5 seconds. Before Kong fought the Big One. Would've Made The Movie An Instant Classic.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

ernesth100 wrote: Adding this one clip. Just a little tiny bit of it. 5 seconds. Before Kong fought the Big One. Would've Made The Movie An Instant Classic.

No. Not really. Skull Island suffers from such a lack of focus that no amount of monster action or backstory could save it. And I say that as someone who enjoys the movie. It will never be a classic. At most it will be a genre film that fans may continue to enjoy.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
ernesth100 wrote: Adding this one clip. Just a little tiny bit of it. 5 seconds. Before Kong fought the Big One. Would've Made The Movie An Instant Classic.

No. Not really. Skull Island suffers from such a lack of focus that no amount of monster action or backstory could save it. And I say that as someone who enjoys the movie. It will never be a classic. At most it will be a genre film that fans may continue to enjoy.
Ehhh, it suffers more so from the fact that it was mostly just to set up KKvG. This resulting in a rushed film to register Kong as a "contending fighter" able to put up a fight against Godzilla. Rather than actually taking the time to flush out the story, backstory, characters, etc.

The result was an enjoyable film. But a rushed and sloppy one. At least. In my opinion. I repeat OPINIONS.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!