Chances of Gamera in Monsterverse

For the discussion of any Gamera related movies, comics, video games, etc.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Chances of Gamera in Monsterverse

Post by Gigantis »

king_ghidorah wrote:Reads post.

Pulls out gun. Points at own face. Pulls trigger.
dude,Mods are NOT gonna like the fact your making Suicidal post here.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Stump Feet wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Stump Feet wrote: Please inform me how this looks like a giant turtle to you

Or better yet, how you’re exactly able to measure the size of a sketch?
Why would Monarch be looking at a normal Turtle. Like I said maybe it's a Magma Turtle, maybe it's an Easter egg. All I'm saying is there has been a couple of possible illusions to Gamera.
Sounds like backpeddling to me, Monarch could easily be looking into biology in animals, nothing about this screams “giant turtle” although I’m still eager to hear what super skills you used to measure this sketch.
I already told you, Monarch looks into superspecies and Muto, there is a picture of a turtle in Monarch images with nothing to scale it to. It could be small, it could be giant. It could be a nod to Gamera, it could be a Magma Turtle.

My stance was never that Gamera was coming and we need to prepare for his arrival, my stance was that Wow I think he may show up if the MV sticks around long enough.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Alright, like, the handful of users that have been constantly bickering with each other? Kindly cool it. Who gives a crap if people want to talk about Gamera in the MonsterVerse? Seriously. Let's all be a little considerate of each other.

Carry on civil conversation please. Preferably without joking about suicide? Just. Man.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Ok.

Sorry. Insert gif of Professor Farnsworth saying “I don’t want to live on this planet anymore” and getting in his rocket ship and leaving.

I can’t believe it’s debatable whether or not GKOTM was a succes financially or not. There have been tons of articles about its box office from Forbes, Boxoffice Mojo etc. but random user here knows more. Gotcha

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

There’s also an ex-ray of an eel during Skull Island’s credits. It means nothing other than to be all “scientific looking”.

You don’t have to be defensive though, I’m simply quoting you, who said “It was bigger than a normal turtle.” and “we know a giant turtle was placed in the opening of skull island “
Last edited by Stump Feet on Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

king_ghidorah wrote:Ok.

Sorry. Insert gif of Professor Farnsworth saying “I don’t want to live on this planet anymore” and getting in his rocket ship and leaving.

I can’t believe it’s debatable whether or not GKOTM was a succes financially or not. There have been tons of articles about its box office from Forbes, Boxoffice Mojo etc. but random user here knows more. Gotcha
No one said it was a success, you were told you it wasn't a flop.

Added in 2 minutes 24 seconds:
Stump Feet wrote:There’s also an ex-ray of an eel during Skull Island’s credits. It means nothing other than to be all “scientific looking”.

You don’t have to be defensive though, I’m simply quoting you, who said “It was bigger than a normal turtle.” and “we know a giant turtle was placed in the opening of skull island “
Yeah in the opening a organization that studies giant animals had a image of a turtle. Same way a giant skeleton and a giant fish were in the opening for G14.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Who the hell cares how bad it didn’t meet its numbers?????

Holy shit I can’t even

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

king_ghidorah wrote:....

Holy poop I can’t even
Then don't even.

The film isn't a flop, or a bomb.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I know Tomas Tull and Mike have said in two separate interviews they'd like Gamera to join the Monsterverse. Doesn't mean it will happen but they have thought about it, maybe Legendary has/is trying to get the rights. Who knows.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

_JNavs_ wrote:
king_ghidorah wrote:....

Holy poop I can’t even
Then don't even.

The film isn't a flop, or a bomb.
It certainly didn’t do well or even ok. I think we’ve all agreed on that so now you’re just nit picking the actual words used

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Living Corpse wrote:I know Tomas Tull and Mike have said in two separate interviews they'd like Gamera to join the Monsterverse. Doesn't mean it will happen but they have thought about it, maybe Legendary has/is trying to get the rights. Who knows.
Can’t help but think after KOTM’s numbers, the decision became a lot less likely.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Living Corpse wrote:I know Tomas Tull and Mike have said in two separate interviews they'd like Gamera to join the Monsterverse. Doesn't mean it will happen but they have thought about it, maybe Legendary has/is trying to get the rights. Who knows.
Interviewer. Would you accept a million dollars if it were offered to you?

Me. Sure!

Fanboys. He’s going to get TWO million dollars!!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

king_ghidorah wrote:
Interviewer. Would you accept a million dollars if it were offered to you?

Me. Sure!

Fanboys. He’s going to get TWO million dollars!!
Remember me telling everyone to chill out? Chill out.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Plus the tweet I posted from a few pages back seemed to hint that there was some interest from Kadokawas side.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Of course Kadakowa wants to!!! It’s a win for them and elevates their franchise to the big leagues.

Toho doesn’t and that’s a stated fact. Jesus.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

king_ghidorah wrote:Of course Kadakowa wants to!!! It’s a win for them and elevates their franchise to the big leagues.

Toho's management has changed over the decades, who knows what the current heads are thinking?

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

king_ghidorah wrote:Of course Kadakowa wants to!!! It’s a win for them and elevates their franchise to the big leagues.

What if Toho got super childish about it and threatened to pull back their rights just cause Gamera was involved? :lol:
Long Live The Sting

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

No one does but by last indication we know they had zero interest and that was in semi recent history.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Stump Feet wrote:

What if Toho got super childish about it and threatened to pull back their rights just cause Gamera was involved? :lol:
I would legit lol.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Toho themselves have already done a crossover with Eva.

We're getting a rematch between Godzilla and King Kong, when just a few years ago such an idea would have been unthinkable.

That doesn't necessarily mean Gamera is going to happen, but I don't think it's an impossibility either.

We'll see.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.