MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I'd love to see a Mothra movie and the general reaction to the trailer shows there's an audience.

I think it should be more fantasy then the other Monsterverse films to set it apart. I also think Battra should be included, if not a villain, at least as an antagonist. I was thinking a cool way to tie him in with Mothra is to give him some type of shadow powers to contrast Mothra's light wings. Maybe he can create a shadowy fog? This helps show the twin aspect between the two, creates more orginal fights, adds suspense (as any dark area could be hiding Battra) and give a orginal take on the monster.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Moogabunga wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Also, We all know Legendary has a contract that they can’t kill Godzilla... Yet. Maybe at least ten years down the line Godzilla could actually die (preferably by melting down again)?
I have seen this repeated so many damn times with absolutely no evidence whatsoever...does anyone have some?
I believe it's an assumption based off of the contract Toho had with IDW during their comic run.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Also, We all know Legendary has a contract that they can’t kill Godzilla... Yet. Maybe at least ten years down the line Godzilla could actually die (preferably by melting down again)?
I have seen this repeated so many damn times with absolutely no evidence whatsoever...does anyone have some?
I believe it's an assumption based off of the contract Toho had with IDW during their comic run.
Film contract terms =/= comic contract terms

marcdrac
GPN Volunteer

Post by marcdrac »

Godzillian wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Moogabunga wrote: I have seen this repeated so many damn times with absolutely no evidence whatsoever...does anyone have some?
Film contract terms =/= comic contract terms
Since 2016 they have not released any Godzilla comics, will they get one more?

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Toho's original contract with Sony had that same "Godzilla can't die" rule, its pretty safe to say Legendary's does as well.
Last edited by Mr_Goji_and_Watch on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

I'd love to see a MonsterVerse take on Destroy All Monsters, albeit with more enemy titans. Like Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, Kong, Anguirus*, and King Caesar* against King Ghidorah, Gigan*, Megalon*, Orga*, Hedorah*, Destoroyah*, and like a bio-mimetic alien metal that takes on the form of Mechagodzilla*.

*Assuming Toho will license them out.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Something that keeps popping up in my own noggin about this subject was postulated by Brooks in SKULL ISLAND. His theory of a Hollow Earth(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Earth ). A world beneath the Earth's crust which is inhabited by all sorts of undiscovered species, and even prehistoric creatures long thought extinct. The world where the Skullcrawlers dwelled. After GVK ,if Kong survives the battle, war with Godzilla in 2020, we could see Kong, and MONARCH explore the world beneath the Earth's surface in Kong:THE HOLLOW EARTH .
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

marcdrac
GPN Volunteer

Post by marcdrac »

The One and Only wrote:Something that keeps popping up in my own noggin about this subject was postulated by Brooks in SKULL ISLAND. His theory of a Hollow Earth(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Earth ). A world beneath the Earth's crust which is inhabited by all sorts of undiscovered species, and even prehistoric creatures long thought extinct. The world where the Skullcrawlers dwelled. After GVK ,if Kong survives the battle, war with Godzilla in 2020, we could see Kong, and MONARCH explore the world beneath the Earth's surface in Kong:THE HOLLOW EARTH .
I also think the same of the theme of the Hollow Earth, but I think that in the Godzilla: King of the Monsters and began to explore the idea of the Hollow Earth, I say this for some scenes from the trailer of Godzilla: King of the Monsters .

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

If The Monsterverse Continues Past Godzilla VS. Kong, Who Is Most Likely To Return?

Post by Kaeyas »

Getting my poll fix again lol so I was wondering who everyone speculates (kaiju wise of course) will return in Godzilla VS. Kong and beyond if the Monsterverse continues. I am including Godzilla VS. Kong because they would likely at least drop hints or show something at the end or post credits if they planned on making another movie. Looks kind of unlikely with TOHO now moving forward with it's own Multiverse but we can still speculate. I'm giving 5 votes as there are too many kaiju for just one or two votes and I'm sure there would be more than one new appearance. Many of these I highly doubt have a chance but I put everyone I could think of.
Dedicated To Darkness..

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Re: If The Monsterverse Continues Past Godzilla VS. Kong, Who Is Most Likely To Return?

Post by Kaeyas »

I voted for Anguirus, MechaGodzilla, Gigan and Destoroyah. With Gigan being the least likely of those. He's popular though so it's possible. Destoroyah and Mechagodzilla(::rolls eyes:: for the MILLIONTH time) are the most likely. I think Anguirus as well since he'd fit into the Monsterverse well.
Dedicated To Darkness..

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Destoroyah being an enemy that Godzilla and Kong must fight against. Not in Godzilla vs. Kong but rather an future installment. Let the fourth film be about their fight. Such a team-up can happen later.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Destoroyah being an enemy that Godzilla and Kong must fight against. Not in Godzilla vs. Kong but rather an future installment. Let the fourth film be about their fight. Such a team-up can happen later.
What if it was Hedorah they teamed against?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

LegendZilla wrote:What if it was Hedorah they teamed against?
The oxygen destroyer possibility being featured in King of the Monsters seems to imply and indicate the possibility of Destoroyah being more likely and introduced.

That and Destoroyah's appearance makes him seem like a much more threatening and serious opponent hence why I think he'd work much better.

Destoroyah also feels like an enemy that requires a team-up to be defeated just from his Satan like appearance alone. I can only picture Destoroyah sadistically smiling while grasping Godzilla and Kong by the necks who are struggling to break free. :huge:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

As much as I like Hedorah, I just don't see him fitting into the Monsterverse. Toho Multiverse though, my fingers are crossed. If they use the Oxygen Destroyer then I think it's 50/50 we'll get Destoroyah at some point.
Dedicated To Darkness..

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Destoroyah being an enemy that Godzilla and Kong must fight against. Not in Godzilla vs. Kong but rather an future installment. Let the fourth film be about their fight. Such a team-up can happen later.
The problem is there might not be a future installment....(unfortunately)
Last edited by Moogabunga on Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Moogabunga wrote:The problem is there might not be a future installment....(very unfortunately)
If the next movies are big hits. I can see it being expanded. It'd be stupid of Toho not to. They'd be getting more money in the process due to the characters belonging to them and the deal with Legendary.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
The oxygen destroyer possibility being featured in King of the Monsters seems to imply and indicate the possibility of Destoroyah being more likely and introduced.

That and Destoroyah's appearance makes him seem like a much more threatening and serious opponent hence why I think he'd work much better.

Destoroyah also feels like an enemy that requires a team-up to be defeated just from his Satan like appearance alone. I can only picture Destoroyah sadistically smiling while grasping Godzilla and Kong by the necks who are struggling to break free. :huge:
Eh, honestly I find Hedorah much more threatening. Devil crab boi just doesn't fit in the MV, as I've said before he's a "neat" one and done villain. Toss Destoroyah in the Artic and I bet even a full grown King Kong could beat him. Plus........ I don't even know how they would name him in this universe. Is Tracy Jordan a member of Monarch and he just walks by and screams the name "DESTOROYAHHHHHHHH."?
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Biollante would be a better final villain, just a personal opinion.

They could use some of Godzilla's or Ghidorah's DNA and other monsters if required and combine them to try and create something to use against them only of course this ends up being a horrible decision. Goes wrong and bam Biollante is born and both Kong and Godzilla struggle to defeat a man made creation.

Her final form of a crocodile face, as well as her 100's of tentacle's rising from the ground shooting acid at you. Honestly it's such an easy concept to explorer i'll be surprised if they choose Destroyah over Biollante.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Eh, honestly I find Hedorah much more threatening. Devil crab boi just doesn't fit in the MV, as I've said before he's a "neat" one and done villain. Toss Destoroyah in the Artic and I bet even a full grown King Kong could beat him. Plus........ I don't even know how they would name him in this universe. Is Tracy Jordan a member of Monarch and he just walks by and screams the name "DESTOROYAHHHHHHHH."?
And yet people are calling for Mechagodzilla who too doesn't fit. :roll:

How is Hedorah any different by your logic? He's basically the same as Destoroyah being multiple microscopic lifeforms made up into one body.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

Eh, honestly I find Hedorah much more threatening. Devil crab boi just doesn't fit in the MV, as I've said before he's a "neat" one and done villain. Toss Destoroyah in the Artic and I bet even a full grown King Kong could beat him. Plus........ I don't even know how they would name him in this universe. Is Tracy Jordan a member of Monarch and he just walks by and screams the name "DESTOROYAHHHHHHHH."?
So an actual animal (a crustacean) doesn't work in a series about giant prehistoric animals yet a blob of garbage with google eyes does?
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"