MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

My mind is blown. According to Chris, Legendary isn't calling it quits after Godzilla vs. Kong, more films are confirmed *as long as G2 and GvK doesn't flop of course.
Not much is known at this point from what I can gather, but with the success of Godzilla and Kong, not only is Godzilla here to stay, but a spinoff might also be in the works, possibly Rodan, maybe Mothra, who knows.
Speculate here!

Last edited by Lain Of The Wired on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Re: MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

Post by GalacticPetey »

Source? You say it's from Chris. Where?
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

GalacticPetey wrote:Source? You say it's from Chris. Where?
Facebook messages :lol:
He can confirm this through interviews with Max, and some interviews with Alex Garcia
Last edited by Lain Of The Wired on Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Holy shit. I am beyond stoked about this! Here's to hoping they'll acquire the rights to Anguirus at some point down the line!
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:My mind is blown. According to Chris, Legendary isn't calling it quits after Godzilla vs. Kong, more films are confirmed! Not much is known at this point from what I can gather, but with the success of Godzilla and Kong, not only is Godzilla here to stay, but a spinoff might also be in the works, possibly Rodan, maybe Mothra, who knows.
Speculate here!

[]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7YKB-0U0AMTh0d.jpg[/img]
Looks like my prediction from earlier just became even more possible...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24846&start=200#p1482410
I suspect it will go something more like this...

Godzilla 2: buncha badass fighting scenes, some cornball comedy gags thanks to the poor director choice, something injures Serizawa's eye setting him up for the eyepatch in GvK.

GvK: despite fan whining, Godzilla and Kong fight and then predictably team up against Mecha Godzilla.

Legendary makes the mistake of thinking people are as interested in other monsters as they are Godzilla and Kong, so they try a Rodan movie or some crap, it sucks, it fails, end of series.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Of course they aren't counting anything out post 2020. That doesn't mean we will get anything. Still they didn't compile a writer's room for just one movie after all.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:Source? You say it's from Chris. Where?
Facebook messages :lol:
He can confirm this through interviews with Max, and some interviews with Alex Garcia
Word of caution, but "we can confirm that new films beyond Godzilla vs Kong are currently being developed" and "yeah, the idea of more films has been tossed around, so we're definitely thinking about it" are not synonymous

I don't remember reading any interviews explicitly confirming movies beyond Godzilla vs Kong
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Can we see a link detailing these Facebook messages?
Long Live The King

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Hokmuto wrote:Can we see a link detailing these Facebook messages?
No, but I bet he can promise really really hard.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Hell to the yes! I can't wait for this. I hope my dreams for Them!, The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, Frankenstein, War of the Gargantuas, a solo Rodan film and solo Mothra film becomes a reality. :D

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Although I suppose that there will be films after 2020's Godzilla vs. Kong, I am not going to believe this specific info/confirmation until I get to see these messages and are proven legit.
Long Live The King

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Chris is a very reliable guy, and his ties to Legendary are very tangible, but yeah, nothing is confirmed yet

Also, I hope Legendary doesn't jump the gun and go all DC on us by announcing films left and right. DC currently has around a fuck-ton of films in the development pipeline: The Batman, Man of Steel 2, Justice League 2, Green Lantern Corps, Shazam, Black Adam, Gotham City Sirens, Suicide Squad 2, Deadshot solo, Batgirl, Cyborg, The Flash, Nightwing, and I believe more. Legendary needs to wait and see how the response for Mothra and Rodan are before they announce solos, or even see how Godzilla vs Kong is received too before greenlighting more Monsterverse movies.

I just want a solid King of Monsters and Godzilla vs Kong, and then we'll talk
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

What I mean is that since I can't see these messages by Chris, I just can't believe something unless I see the evidence given to make such a claim.
Long Live The King

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Hokmuto wrote:What I mean is that since I can't see these messages by Chris, I just can't believe something unless I see the evidence given to make such a claim.
Well in that case he promises twice as hard.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

It'll be about time soon to announce 2021 and 2022 projects.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Hokmuto wrote:Can we see a link detailing these Facebook messages?
You guys should really visit the main site more

http://www.tohokingdom.com/interviews/m ... -2017.html

All this stuff was alluded to btw

Reporter (me): In the press release that you put out it kind of alluded to other Toho monsters. Do you see possibly doing spin offs like a Rodan solo movie or something?

Alex: I wouldn't go there necessarily yet, but we have talked to Toho about having the use of some of the other classic characters that are specific to Godzilla and perhaps beyond as the two converge, there may be an opportunity for that.

http://www.tohokingdom.com/interviews/k ... -2017.html

For OFFICIAL announcements on new movies, wait for news from Legendary.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

I hope Legendary and Warner Brothers get the rights to Anguirus and Mechagodzilla so they can appear in future movies.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Chris said there's an interview floating around with Alex Garcia where the subject of a spinoff was mentioned. Whether that's a spinoff for already established characters *Rodan/Mothra* or characters yet to appear is unknown, but regardless, it's cool news. Let's hope a Godzillaless/Kongless spinoff kaiju movie has what it takes to maintain itself at the BO, one wrong move and it could spell doom for the MonsterVerse.

Im hoping before all this is over, we at least get the grand finale, Destroy All Monsters

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Chris said there's an interview floating around with Alex Garcia where the subject of a spinoff was mentioned.

Yep, also said that I thought I saw it and can't find the interview anymore.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I don't expect further announcements until 2019 at the earliest.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.