MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

Post by miguelnuva »

Biollante is already being teased.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

miguelnuva wrote:Biollante is already being teased.
How so?
GO GO GOJI KUN

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GoWhaleTours wrote:
How so?
Floral Fauna on skull island is already introducing the world to plant animal hybrids.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

miguelnuva wrote:
GoWhaleTours wrote:
How so?
Floral Fauna on skull island is already introducing the world to plant animal hybrids.
While this is true, I don't think they mentioned this one time in the film.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Also, how do we know this is supposed to foreshadow biollante?
GO GO GOJI KUN

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

miguelnuva wrote:
GoWhaleTours wrote:
How so?
... How does that automatically mean biollante?

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
GoWhaleTours wrote: How so?
Exactly.
GO GO GOJI KUN

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

It's most likely a coincidence, at most a tribute.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Movie ideas beyond 2020 with current monster roster plus public domain ones plus original ideas:
Solo Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah movies have already been mentioned so moving on

A Monarch movie (could be an origin movie of the organization or just an original movie with whatever story they want with Monarch)

A Cthulhu movie of some sort

A Loch Ness monster movie (The Loch is huge and deep enough to hide a Godzilla size kaiju)

Remake of THEM!

The Giant Behemoth remake or retool

Another Reboot of Clash of the Titans or just use the Titans monsters

Remake of the Beast from 20,000 fathoms

These are just a few off the top of my head.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

darthzilla99 wrote:Movie ideas beyond 2020 with current monster roster plus public domain ones plus original ideas:
Solo Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah movies have already been mentioned so moving on

A Monarch movie (could be an origin movie of the organization or just an original movie with whatever story they want with Monarch)

A Cthulhu movie of some sort

A Loch Ness monster movie (The Loch is huge and deep enough to hide a Godzilla size kaiju)

Remake of THEM!

The Giant Behemoth remake or retool

Another Reboot of Clash of the Titans or just use the Titans monsters

Remake of the Beast from 20,000 fathoms

These are just a few off the top of my head.
Don't forget The Black Scorpion, another Warner Bros. property I believe.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GoWhaleTours wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Exactly.
Its already intoducing the idea of plant animal hybrids to this world. If the films stay after GvK then seeds have been planted for Godzilla's Dna to combine with a plant from skull island.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

miguelnuva wrote:Its already intoducing the idea of plant animal hybrids to this world. If the films stay after GvK then seeds have been planted for Godzilla's Dna to combine with a plant from skull island.
Did it ever occur to you that it might all just be a coincidence?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Its already intoducing the idea of plant animal hybrids to this world. If the films stay after GvK then seeds have been planted for Godzilla's Dna to combine with a plant from skull island.
It doesn't have to be it opened the door. Biollante may never be in the monsterverse but her chances shot up more than what they were in G14 because now we know plant animal hybrids are in the monsterverse.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

miguelnuva wrote:It doesn't have to be it opened the door. Biollante may never be in the monsterverse but her chances shot up more than what they were in G14 because now we know plant animal hybrids are in the monsterverse.
Well unless it gets hinted by directors such as Dougherty did with Mothra (Moth coming out of cocoon) and King Ghidorah (NASA discovering life-forms in crystals), I'm really not going to hold my breath for it otherwise.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:It doesn't have to be it opened the door. Biollante may never be in the monsterverse but her chances shot up more than what they were in G14 because now we know plant animal hybrids are in the monsterverse.
Well unless it gets hinted by directors such as Dougherty did with Mothra (Moth coming out of cocoon) and King Ghidorah (NASA discovering life-forms in crystals), I'm really not going to hold my breath for it otherwise.
I'm not either just pointing out that when G14 came out we couldn't combine plants and animals and now with skull ialand there was a way introduced.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

miguelnuva wrote:I'm not either just pointing out that when G14 came out we couldn't combine plants and animals and now with skull ialand there was a way introduced.
That's quite true and honestly I do confess Biollante would be an awesome addiction to this verse.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
You think this theorizing is a bit of a stretch, just look up all the snoke theories...

But yeah most likely it was a coincidence.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I get what miguelnuva is saying. It probably was a coincidence but if later they decide to introduce Biollante, the animal-plant hybrid concept has already been introduced to the audience of this universe so it'll be less work to get them to buy it.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

Living Corpse wrote:I get what miguelnuva is saying. It probably was a coincidence but if later they decide to introduce Biollante, the animal-plant hybrid concept has already been introduced to the audience of this universe so it'll be less work to get them to buy it.
I doubt the GA will even remember that there were plant animal hybrids in K:SI.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

SteveIrwinFan96
G-Force Personnel

Post by SteveIrwinFan96 »

Looks like Jordan Vogt-Roberts won't be returning to the Monsterverse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyWm6KDINIc.