MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

Post by LegendZilla »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:I honestly think that the Gargantuas deserve their own movie in the Monsterverse.
And starring Brad Pitt.

Only question is who should be the director?
I Honestly don’t know. Although I would pick Micheal Giachinno as the composer.

marcdrac
GPN Volunteer

Post by marcdrac »

Although I would like to see many of Godzilla's classic rivals again, I would also like to see new Kaijus, but that's better than the Mutos.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

So am I the only one to expect a few months or years after the release of Godzilla vs. Kong there will be a 4-Movie collection of Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island, Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Godzilla vs. Kong? Because I do.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:So am I the only one to expect a few months or years after the release of Godzilla vs. Kong there will be a 4-Movie collection of Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island, Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Godzilla vs. Kong? Because I do.
I think it's a given.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

You know who I'd love to see show up in the MonsterVerse? The Rhedosaurus from Beast from 20,000 Fathoms. I'm pretty sure WB has the rights.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Saw this and thought it was relevant to this thread, something to keep eyes and ears open for:

https://twitter.com/OMEGAGORMARU/status ... 1327948800

Hoping for only good news of course!
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

MothraRocks wrote:Saw this and thought it was relevant to this thread, something to keep eyes and ears open for:

https://twitter.com/OMEGAGORMARU/status ... 1327948800

Hoping for only good news of course!
Pretty sure this is just a merchandising thing.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

That last sentence made it sound like Godzilla himself would be appearing :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Michael Dougherty wants to make a Godzilla 3 with Gigan and Biollante if he comes back.

https://hnentertainment.co/michael-doug ... -0UbRHsmcU

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Rhedosaurus wrote:Michael Dougherty wants to make a Godzilla 3 with Gigan and Biollante if he comes back.

Would much rather get original monsters

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Would much rather Biollante and Gigan.

That combination sounds terrifying. Especially with modern day CG... they'd become immortalized in american cinema history for the most badass CG monster duo in film
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Godzillian wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:Michael Dougherty wants to make a Godzilla 3 with Gigan and Biollante if he comes back.

Would much rather get original monsters
Agreed. The franchise needs more new blood. I can't wait to see more of the new monsters in kotm.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

_JNavs_ wrote: they'd become immortalized in american cinema history for the most badass CG monster duo in film
Lmfao sure they would. Why keep recycling old monsters when we have the chance to get some amazing new ones?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzillian wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: they'd become immortalized in american cinema history for the most badass CG monster duo in film
Lmfao sure they would. Why keep recycling old monsters when we have the chance to get some amazing new ones?
I think it's definitely plausible to bring in new monsters along with classics. A good blend of the 2 is fine by me.

But to not use classic Godzilla kaiju in the films is like Japan making a Batman film and not using any of his classic rogues gallery. Yes they could add new characters/monsters that could be even more interesting than what came before, but the old ones shouldn't be forgotten entirely.

Plus Biollante and Gigans designs are begging for modern interpretations and i think American audiences would be blown away by a team up between the 2 of them just based on appearance alone.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I'd rather have new monsters as well. The franchise is constantly recycling older monsters. I'd love to just get a bunch of new monsters for a while.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
I think it's definitely plausible to bring in new monsters along with classics. A good blend of the 2 is fine by me.

But to not use classic Godzilla kaiju in the films is like Japan making a Batman film and not using any of his classic rogues gallery. Yes they could add new characters/monsters that could be even more interesting than what came before, but the old ones shouldn't be forgotten entirely. .
LMFAO
we are getting a film with Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah. The old monsters are hardly being forgotten about.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

If Destoroyah was in this series that'd be so f*cking cool
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzillian wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Godzillian wrote: Lmfao sure they would. Why keep recycling old monsters when we have the chance to get some amazing new ones?

But to not use classic Godzilla kaiju in the films is like Japan making a Batman film and not using any of his classic rogues gallery. Yes they could add new characters/monsters that could be even more interesting than what came before, but the old ones shouldn't be forgotten entirely. .
LMFAO
we are getting a film with Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah. The old monsters are hardly being forgotten about.
That's exactly my point LMFAO.

New monsters are great and welcomed. But American Godzilla films should continue to take from his classic Rogues Gallery and blend it with new monsters. It's not about recycling old monsters as much as it's about a new representation of old monsters.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Why are we even talking about this again? The article's almost 2 months old and entirely theoretical.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Smuggers wrote:Why are we even talking about this again? The article's almost 2 months old and entirely theoretical.
I guess since it's a What if discussion, and this whole thread is basically a what if scenario