Nod To Lightning Powers (And Other Past Films)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Nod To Lightning Powers (And Other Past Films)

Post by BlankAccount »

King Kong had no powers in Kong: Skull Island, and while it's possible they might give him something in Godzilla vs Kong, it's also possible they won't. But even if they opt for no powers, they could still make a nice nod to it in much the same way the Mire Squid is a nod to the giant octopus in King Kong vs Godzilla.

I think they could get away with King Kong taking a lighting rod off a skyscraper or really any metal tower and shoving it into Godzilla's body as they fight in a lightning storm, resulting in Godzilla being hit or maybe even have King Kong hoist Godzilla above his head during said storm so Godzilla gets struck by lightning. He was smart enough to splash napalm water on soldiers and use chains as a weapon so it seems like he'd be smart enough to do this.

And if they do another prequel with Rodan they could have a scene with fighter jets tracking down a UFO and getting in a dog fight with Rodan much like in his original film, maybe even reference how people and cattle have gone missing in areas where a UFO was sighted.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Nod To Lightning Powers (And Other Past Films)

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I'd be open to a Rodan solo film being a pseudo-remake of Gorgo/Gappa, myself. With Rodan (maybe a pair) having to rescue their stolen egg/chick after it was taken by some greedy humans.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Re: Nod To Lightning Powers (And Other Past Films)

Post by BlueGojira »

MM Raids Again wrote:I'd be open to a Rodan solo film being a pseudo-remake of Gorgo/Gappa, myself. With Rodan (maybe a pair) having to rescue their stolen egg/chick after it was taken by some greedy humans.
Same with me, that could easily make a very good movie. There was also a pair of Rodan in the original 1956 film, so that could be a nod to that. Maybe they could make a solo Mothra film, that would have a lot of people at the theater.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.