King Kong: MONARCH's Weapon & Using Man Made Weapons

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Re: King Kong: MONARCH's Weapon & Using Man Made Weapons

Post by BlacktimusPrime »

mattman559 wrote:im not saying that i like the idea or that i want it to happen, but considering the year the film comes out and how hollywood loves to cram their political ideologies down our throats i can see that happening if the setting was new york city. thats all
Yeah I hear you, lets hope they stay away from new york or washington.

As for Kong having weapon crates dropped off for him, I think it would be too cheesy.
Coobzilla03 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla in general sucks. Just awful. I mean a man in a suit knocking down papercraft buildings?

Turn me into a twix and give me a break.

Mutated animals that are huge that fight each other.
Here goji, have a Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Yeah I don't Kong being given a giant ape sized laser gun...However if he were to improvise a weapon from damaged human weapons a la the propeller then that's another thing. One thing to just build weapons for Kong and another for him to use his head and think.

Gogifan71
Young Farmer

Post by Gogifan71 »

Kong was able to fashion his own weapons on skull island. I dont think he would need help with weapons. Instead of a screw and chain from an old and small freighter, take them from a supper tanker or air craft carrier. They are much much larger. A entire naval vessel as a club perhaps.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh yeah, first time I saw Kong use the tree club in the movie I instantly thought of Pacific Rim's boat sword. Now there's a fan art idea.

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

Speaking of weapons, I loved the whole propeller callback to King Kong Escapes. That and the aurora scenes seemed to be directly lifted from it for Skull Island. If not that is a crazy coincidence, but I like to think they were intentional! We have to get a tree-down-the-throat scene of course, and I'm sure Kong will have all kinds of improvised weapons to show his intelligence relative to other monsters, like the boulder/tree/chain/propeller he used against Ramarak.