Best scene in Kong: Skull Island?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Re: Best scene in Kong: Skull Island?

Post by BlacktimusPrime »

Thanos6 wrote:Either the squid scene, or really, anything with Marlow. He stole the movie.
Agreed. I was underwhelmed with the movie as a whole, but John C. Reilly really suprised me. He was the one thing I was worried about (based on the trailers, I was expecting him to be a pointless comedy character and nothing else), but he was easily the best thing about the movie in my opinion.
Coobzilla03 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla in general sucks. Just awful. I mean a man in a suit knocking down papercraft buildings?

Turn me into a twix and give me a break.

Mutated animals that are huge that fight each other.
Here goji, have a Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

The helicopter scene. Amazing. Payback time to the helicopters for what they did in '76!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Any scene that involved the kaiju or Marlow.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

The scene where Kong ate the squid was adorable and me and my friend couldn't help squealing when it happened so that was definitely my favorite scene. Hehe. :huge: The scene where Kong meets Conrad and Weaver might be the best scene though. Lots of subtle stuff in that scene that I liked very much.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Watching Kong trash the helicopters was pretty satisfying to watch after seeing those guys so happily bomb the shit out of the island.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

Dr. Professor wrote:Watching Kong trash the helicopters was pretty satisfying to watch after seeing those guys so happily bomb the shit out of the island.
There is a certain giddy thrill to see nature overcome man like that after man destroying part of it. That's definitely the appeal to a lot of kaiju films.

DaddlerTheDalek
Monarch Researcher

Post by DaddlerTheDalek »

- Helicopter fight
- Kong vs Ramarak
- Post credits scene
Tails wrote:You're watching a Poster!

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

I have several favorite scenes. The very opening scene with Marlow, Gunpei, and Kong, the Helicopter scene, Kong vs The Mire Squid, the boneyard, Kong vs Ramarak, and the post credits scene. I'd gladly watch this movie again.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

Kongamera
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kongamera »

Kong Vs Helicopters
Kong Vs Mire Squid
Kong Vs Ramarak
Opening Scene
When Marlow reunites with his family
Mother longlegs scene

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Post by Godzilla The King »

The Mother Longlegs scene, hands down. Everything else in this movie is great but this scene freaked me the fuck out in the right way. Just a guy impaled and then we see the giant spider. The way Packard finishes it off is pretty badass too.
Second place goes to Packard's attack on Kong at the end. (Also if we just talk shots, the bit during the helicopter attack where Packard and Kong just stare at each other)
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

The part where the helicopters break out of the storm into the clear, but that's mostly because the soundtrack is so badass right then. And the iconic shot of Kong's silhouette against the orange sun with the choppers headed toward him, those 2 were my favorites. Oh and honorable mention for the part when Marlow says he's going to stab Nieves, that part gets the biggest laugh every time I've seen it. Oh and another honorable mention for the shot of Kong beating his chest against the moonlit sky right before he charges Packard across the water. Ugh I really liked this movie way too much to pick a favorite apparently lol.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

First meeting Kong on the helicopters. Very well directed scene.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Relair wrote:Oh and another honorable mention for the shot of Kong beating his chest against the moonlit sky right before he charges Packard across the water.
That scene should be called "Super Epic Standoff Between Cool Angry Black Dude and Giant Black Monkey"
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

I have a couple;

1) The opening when Kong's hand comes crashing down and he rises, showing just how huge he is. I especially enjoyed this because my friend that came was so doubtful that "a dumb monkey" could be seen as cool; she gaspe out loud and I saw this massive grin cross her face (she's just getting into Kaiju).

2) MotherLonglegs was just freaky as hell, and I loved every second of it. I suppose my intense arachnophobia also added to my horror/wonder of this scene :lol:

3) Kong taking down those helicopters; shit man, he knows how to get a message across.

4) The giant Octopus; I love giant octopus/squid/cephalpods in movies, and it was nice seeing a kaiju actually hunt for natural prey/food (the only other time I believe was Rodan in DAM). Plus, when the tentacles came up, my brother and I both excitedly exclaimed "Oodako!" even though we knew it wasn't.

5) The final fight obviously; while not as Kaiju-butt-kicking as Godzilla's IMO, it was fast paced and menacing, and getting to see Kong be a crafty bitch with those make shift weapons was nice to see. Also, that death was BRUTAL, my word :lol:
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

The Cannibal Holocaust reference.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Variola
JXSDF Technician

Post by Variola »

Gothicserpent wrote:The Cannibal Holocaust reference.
Was that the skewered dude?

ZinK
Interpol Agent

Post by ZinK »

Variola wrote:
Gothicserpent wrote:The Cannibal Holocaust reference.
Was that the skewered dude?
Yes.
c a k e e v e r y n i g h t

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

The improvised flying guillotine.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Biollante_lover
Ronin

Post by Biollante_lover »

the helicopter sequence and the giant bamboo spider. I also loved the opening scene. this film was full of great visuals