What would you like the Monsterverse to do next?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

What would you like the Monsterverse to do next?

Post by gzillafan17 »

In between Kong: Skulls Island (2017) and Godzilla: King Of The Monsters (2019), what would you like to see in the Monsterverse?

Personally I would like to see a few lower budget films to gap the time between, like a solo Rodan film and the possible Marlow (John C. Reilly) spin off movie.

What are your thoughts on this and other ideas?
It's not a lake; it's an ocean. - Alan Wake

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: What would you like the Monsterverse to do next?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Frankenstein's Monster and the Gargantuas pretty much for one. It's possible since Frankenstein is public domain and combined with the Gargantua's popularity being grown thanks to Rulers of Earth and Brad Pitt being a fan who'd no doubt have interest in playing a role if such a thing comes to be making it the most likely out of all of Toho's non-related Godzilla monsters.

Also would love to see Warner Bros. classics like Them! and Rhedosaurus to be added as well.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

A mini documentary about the life of Skull Island or the life of monsters.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Maybe Legendary could get their hands on the rights to Ultraman.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

LegendZilla wrote:Maybe Legendary could get their hands on the rights to Ultraman.
What about Zone Fighter?

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

LegendZilla wrote:Maybe Legendary could get their hands on the rights to Ultraman.
That actually seems more likely rights wise than Gamera, but it would too outlandish to introduce any time soon.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

I'd like Toho to continue with Shin Godzilla, so we have competing series.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Kind of a weird sentiment I have, but I would prefer the Monsterverse stuff, barring the godzilla monsters to remain international and have a more intentional feel than just Japanese monsters and shit.

That's why I'm really for THEM!, or even a remake of Frankenstein conquers the world (not something that has to be explicitly Japanese. WOG is cool as well.

Really, while I love Godzilla, I don't want this to become the "Godzilla" show, even though it already sort of is.

As for Shin Gojira appearing, uh no, absolutely not. Shin Gojira stands perfectly fine alone, and due to its themes I don't think it would fit at all and instead would counteract the entire film.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

I don't think think vibrum was saying to bring Shin Goji into this MonsterVerse, just expressing his wishes for that series to continue in Japan.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mr. Yellow wrote:I don't think think vibrum was saying to bring Shin Goji into this MonsterVerse, just expressing his wishes for that series to continue in Japan.
Whoops, my bad, I agree with him completely, but that seems like how it's gonna go. Not even sure if the two are technically competing though. More like so long as either isn't garbage that they'll play off each other well.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Yeah, this way Toho has their cake and can eat it too. I do wonder however if Toho using a monster would prevent them from allowing Legendary to use it, probably not but it certainly is interesting,

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Mr. Yellow wrote:I don't think think vibrum was saying to bring Shin Goji into this MonsterVerse, just expressing his wishes for that series to continue in Japan.
Whoops, my bad, I agree with him completely, but that seems like how it's gonna go. Not even sure if the two are technically competing though. More like so long as either isn't garbage that they'll play off each other well.
haha that's ok. I don't agree that it's a slam dunk that Shin gets continued however -- I was just mentioning in another thread that it could be problematic, even though I'd ultimately like to see it. And if Shin isn't continued, but Toho wants to make more Godzilla movies, I'm just not sure how that would go either. The Millennial series is.. uneven, and you're really counting on lightning striking twice if you go back to the drawing board. Godzilla movies were pretty much cancelled after Final Wars because they just weren't profitable anymore, and Shin Godzilla is very lucrative for them. If you're them, you kind of have to find a way to capitalize on that I feel like.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

I'd like to see a movie exploring this "Hollow Earth", something like Journey to the Center of the Earth or At the Earth's Core.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I think a Rodan remake would be the best way to go, in terms of box office and quality potential.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

I'd love an Anguirus solo film, an Atrogon remake, Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, and, dare I say it, Godzilla vs Zilla

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I like Mothra, I really do but Rodan doesn't get quite as much love so I've love for that 80s Top Gun/Rodan massup...Megagurius can be in it too. If Legendary doesn't do it I'll write a story about it.
Y'know I'd also love to see something a law 'Journey to the Center of the Earth' with kaiju maybe that's where Angurius, Baragon and Gorosaurus can come in.
Not really sure I want to see Legendary Monsterverse going the route with Mechagodzilla at least not for a good while.

Bluezilla 65
Interpol Agent

Post by Bluezilla 65 »

I hope we get an alternate reality game of the Monsterverse. From 1946 to now we have 80 years of Monarch history that could be explored in the game.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

gzillafan17 wrote:In between Kong: Skulls Island (2017) and Godzilla: King Of The Monsters (2019), what would you like to see in the Monsterverse?
Some comic books or maybe an animated series, since it's WAY too late to get a movie started for release in 2018 (unless, of course, WB actually DOES decide to rope New Line's Rampage movie into the MonsterVerse).

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Gojira18 wrote:and, dare I say it, Godzilla vs Zilla
Not the only one who'd like that. The whole movie could take some plot elements from the 1998 movie where Zilla is mistaken Godzilla only for people to find out he and Godzilla are two different monsters once they cross paths.

Redem
Monsterland Worker

Post by Redem »

I'd something that would allow to build up the univers between movies like a comic or a tv show