Kong's Size/Godzilla vs Kong (KSI spoilers ahead)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
pikmintaro
G-Force Personnel

Re: Kong's Size/Godzilla vs Kong (KSI spoilers ahead)

Post by pikmintaro »

Are people seriously doubting that Kong will be comparable to Godzilla in size when they actually fight? They specifically said he was still growing in Skull Island as an excuse for why he will get bigger, and even without that there are about a million scifi scenarios they could come up with to get him up to scale.
And most of the general audience won't notice either if they even mention it, to most people they are both gigantic and if he is suddenly the same size as Godzilla they won't really notice. Most people who only watched the American dub of the original Godzilla probably still think he's 400 feet high anyways.
Basically Kong's size isn't something people should be losing sleep over.

What's next? people saying Kong is smarter because he uses tools? despite the fact that we saw Godzilla's intelligence in his own movie when he switched tactics while watching what the Male Muto was doing? (And having the smarts to pour his breath down the female's throat when hitting her on the outside didn't do enough damage) They are probably both sentient (although that should be pretty obvious) and probably with a similar level of intelligence, however Godzilla doesn't need tools because his own body has more built in weapons than Kong's. Or are people seriously still thinking that the American version of KKvsG with the statement that Godzilla has a brain the size of a berry compared to Kong is actually canon? (And completely ignoring the obvious signs of each monsters intelligence with Godzilla laughing his butt off at Kong, and Kong being far from the ultra intelligent primate they make him out to be, acting incredibly goofy and winning almost entirely due to luck. Picking up trees and shoving them down your opponents throat isn't a sign of greater intelligence, when both creatures show themselves to be quite intelligent.) I don't think they said anything like that in the original Japanese version.
Remember that both the Legendary Kong and Godzilla are both "heroes" and have both shown tactics and intelligence, so Kong doesn't have the excuse of being the "more intelligent" (In the American version at least) "good guy" this time.
Last edited by pikmintaro on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13"
Favorite Godzilla movies
Showa Mothra vs Godzilla| Heisei Godzilla vs Destroyer| Millenium Godzilla Final Wars

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

What if Kong was only 80% Godzilla's size? Would that be passable?

Let's say the difference between Mazinkaiser and Grendizer as seen here.

pikmintaro
G-Force Personnel

Post by pikmintaro »

What if he was about the same size as Godzilla and wasn't needlessly smaller for no reason?
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13"
Favorite Godzilla movies
Showa Mothra vs Godzilla| Heisei Godzilla vs Destroyer| Millenium Godzilla Final Wars

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

pikmintaro wrote:What if he was about the same size as Godzilla and wasn't needlessly smaller for no reason?
He was slightly shorter than Godzilla in 1962.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

LegendZilla wrote:What if Kong was only 80% Godzilla's size? Would that be passable?

https://leggodunquesono.files.wordpress ... eights.jpg

Let's say the difference between Mazinkaiser and Grendizer as seen here.
Nah. More like the difference between Great Mazinger and Mazinkaiser.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

I'm gonna paraphrase my theory I posted in a kaiju group I'm in on Facebook.

A lot of the animals on Skull Island are part plant. Maybe they will explain Kong's growth as if he's kind of like a tree in that he can grow huge compared to his juvenile size. I was thinking they would explain it in some way similar to that.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

BooLugosi wrote:A lot of the animals on Skull Island are part plant.
???
BooLugosi wrote:Maybe they will explain Kong's growth as if he's kind of like a tree in that he can grow huge compared to his juvenile size.
...Isn't that how it works with non-plant animals, too?
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
BooLugosi wrote:A lot of the animals on Skull Island are part plant.
???
Bamboo spider, leafwings and log insect are all confirmed to be florafaunal. The bamboo spider has literal bamboo legs, the log insect shits amber, leafwings have stomata.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
BooLugosi wrote:Maybe they will explain Kong's growth as if he's kind of like a tree in that he can grow huge compared to his juvenile size.
...Isn't that how it works with non-plant animals, too?
I'm meaning like how big a redwood tree can get compared to a sapling.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

LegendZilla wrote:
pikmintaro wrote:What if he was about the same size as Godzilla and wasn't needlessly smaller for no reason?
He was slightly shorter than Godzilla in 1962.

And that's how he should be in 2020, IMO. Kong being slightly shorter than a saurian he's fighting just looks right.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I don't know what's the problem with Kong being smaller than Godzilla.
Most of the time, he has fought reptiles bigger than him, even the Tyrannosaurus in the first film was a head (a huge head) taller, yet Kong won against him.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/