How Graphic is Kong: Skull Island

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Superrex
G-Grasper

Re: How Graphic is Kong: Skull Island

Post by Superrex »

Y'know, now that I think about it, some of the deaths in K:SI are actually pretty similar to the deaths in Jurassic World. Hell, the deaths in JW are actually pretty tame when you compare them to Skull Island's.
Spoiler:
You've got a scene with a guy getting a limb torn off, people getting eaten, stomped on, somebody getting impaled, and there is even a "blood splatter" scene in both films.
In JW, the scene where the worker gets his leg torn off by the Indominus is obscured by the foliage, so you might know what happened unless you watched the scene again. In K:SI, the scientist that gets his arm ripped off is also obscured by being a silhouette, but he is close and in focus enough that you'd have to be blind to miss the moment when it gets ripped off.
In JW, when people get eaten, they're shown getting chomped, but not usually swallowed. K:SI shows multiple people being swallowed by the Skull Crawler.
In JW, when the one security guy gets stomped, there doesn't seem to be any weight, but when King smashes someone, it feels heavy, at least to me it did.
In JW, one guy gets impaled in the chest by a Pteranodon and I believe you can see a small hole of where he was stabbed. In K:SI, the Mother Longlegs stabs a guys through his mouth and coming out God knows where (or maybe you could actually see the rest of the leg protruding out of his body, I don't remember seeing one) with no exit wound (guarentee it would have gotten and R-rating had they shown that)
Finally, when Hoskins dies in JW, blood splatters on some glass when he gets killed and I wasn't really all that shocked when it happened. When Chadmen gets offed in K:SI, there's also blood, but it happens way faster then JW, yet it felt more effective. I think this might be because Hoskins was a bad guy and we wanted to see him get killed, but Chadmen was a good guy who we didn't want to see go.
What's funny about JW is that I remember there being talks about how the film might get an R-rating, yet K:SI had nothing like that come up, at least not one that I remember, yet it was WAY more brutal and graphic than JW.
Probably the unluckiest guy in the Shadow Arena
Shadow Arena History:
Wins:7
Defeats:8
Chris55 wrote:
wisper15 wrote:I sucks donkey dick.
"He's really bad at it too!"

-The donkey

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Honestly not nearly as graphic as it's made out to be. When Kong bleeds, its matted into his fur and hard to see. Monster gore is typically anything but red. There are two wince-inducing scenes here. One is at the beginning when the WWII pilot grabs a katana by the blade. The other is when the Skull Crawiler pukes out the slimy bones of a side character.

Kong 2005 is much more intense because it's both more violent and darker-toned.

DaddlerTheDalek
Monarch Researcher

Post by DaddlerTheDalek »

Skull Island was harder than G'14.
Tails wrote:You're watching a Poster!

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Hard PG-13 rating, I'd say. People die in brutal ways, though two of the most brutal deaths were obscured or done off camera.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

No more violent than 05 was, honestly. If anything, 05 is a bit MORE violent and intense than Skull Island.

#BotM

gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

Post by gzillafan17 »

Thanks for all the responses everyone.

I just had a couple more questions, how bad would you say the scenes where the guy gets impaled through the mouth and the scene where they guy gets eaten and thrown back up. Those two and with the innards being pulled out sound the worst.

Thanks for any help.
It's not a lake; it's an ocean. - Alan Wake

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

gzillafan17 wrote:Thanks for all the responses everyone.

I just had a couple more questions, how bad would you say the scenes where the guy gets impaled through the mouth and the scene where they guy gets eaten and thrown back up. Those two and with the innards being pulled out sound the worst.

Thanks for any help.
The innards being pulled is only shown for a second. The mouth impaling sequence is kind of terrifying and quieting, but no too bad in terms of grossness. i didn't find the vomit scene very bad: the worst bit is when the guys skull looks like deadpool or something, but it aint bad.

Variola
JXSDF Technician

Post by Variola »

Thanks for any help.
It's not really a film for the squeamish or preteens, but most adults should be able to cope with it.

BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlacktimusPrime »

Thanks for any help.
I'd say the worst parts are when a man grabs a katana and it gets sliced across his hands, the spider's leg going through the guys mouth, and a man getting sucked into a helicopter's blades (red mist). The animal violence admittedly didn't bother me at all, but it may bother you.

I don't mean to offend, but why are you asking? If you're asking because you feel it might be too much for your child who wants to go see it, I'm afraid to confirm l wouldn't suggest this one for children to see (due mainly to the scenes you asked about). Teenagers should be fine, though of course this is just my personal suggestion. If you are sensitive to gore, then this also may not be for you.

I hope I was of some help. If you need clarification or have other questions, I'll be happy to assist.
Coobzilla03 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla in general sucks. Just awful. I mean a man in a suit knocking down papercraft buildings?

Turn me into a twix and give me a break.

Mutated animals that are huge that fight each other.
Here goji, have a Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.

gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

Post by gzillafan17 »

BlacktimusPrime wrote:

Thanks for any help.
I'd say the worst parts are when a man grabs a katana and it gets sliced across his hands, the spider's leg going through the guys mouth, and a man getting sucked into a helicopter's blades (red mist). The animal violence admittedly didn't bother me at all, but it may bother you.

I don't mean to offend, but why are you asking? If you're asking because you feel it might be too much for your child who wants to go see it, I'm afraid to confirm l wouldn't suggest this one for children to see (due mainly to the scenes you asked about). Teenagers should be fine, though of course this is just my personal suggestion. If you are sensitive to gore, then this also may not be for you.

I hope I was of some help. If you need clarification or have other questions, I'll be happy to assist.
Thanks for the response. I really appreciate it.

I just was wondering how bad the mouth scene was, kinda sounds disturbing and the worst in the movie.

And I was asking because I don't really like gore in my movies but I should be fine. I was mostly wondering because of some people I will be bringing with me, so I appreciate it.

Added in 9 hours 5 minutes 6 seconds:
Edit: Nevermind I saw the movie anyways, it was pretty good and not too graphic.

Thanks anyways.
It's not a lake; it's an ocean. - Alan Wake

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

Glad you liked it. I thought the mother longlegs thing was definitely the most intense moment.