What would the world of Godzilla been like?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Re: What would the world of Godzilla been like?

Post by vibramrunner »

^You didn't, Variola did :lol: ! I don't know how that got screwed up..?

Variola
JXSDF Technician

Post by Variola »

vibramrunner wrote:
Variola wrote:
Ivo-goji wrote:

I doubt the filmmakers ever put as much thought into it as we are doing.
The filmmakers absolutely need to have considered this. When filmmakers just shrug and "have things happen" just for plot purposes, or because they just don't care, you get Batman vs Superman. You can say you liked that movie, but you can't say it was actually a good movie (I don't even really like most comic book movies, but that they wasted Doomsday as an ill-conceived plot device for Lex Luther is unforgivable to me, having loved that comic as a kid). The origins and motivations behind characters in movies -- and yes, Kong is a character -- are extremely important, so they better put thought into them.
I'm just saying, the films may never explain the MUTO era in as much specific detail as we're discussing it now, they may choose to keep it vague; its easier for them that way.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Variola wrote:
vibramrunner wrote:
Variola wrote:
The filmmakers absolutely need to have considered this. When filmmakers just shrug and "have things happen" just for plot purposes, or because they just don't care, you get Batman vs Superman. You can say you liked that movie, but you can't say it was actually a good movie (I don't even really like most comic book movies, but that they wasted Doomsday as an ill-conceived plot device for Lex Luther is unforgivable to me, having loved that comic as a kid). The origins and motivations behind characters in movies -- and yes, Kong is a character -- are extremely important, so they better put thought into them.
I'm just saying, the films may never explain the MUTO era in as much specific detail as we're discussing it now, they may choose to keep it vague; its easier for them that way.
And, tbh, it makes things more interesting. Kinda makes you use your imagination and really think.