Godzilla: King of Monsters Cast Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
TheSecondComing
Futurian

Re: Godzilla: King of Monsters Cast Thread

Post by TheSecondComing »

#13. Veteran character actor and 3-time Golden Globe nominee Bradley Whitford (155 episodes The West Wing, Get Out, Robocop 3) has appeared. We'll see if confirmation comes. 6/2 EDIT: CONFURMASHIN, I KNEW YOU'D COMM!

Bradley Whitford as "Dr. Stanton." http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0925966/
Last edited by TheSecondComing on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Oh yeah he's always good. He usually plays a sniveling weasel type. Fans might know him as the mermaid obsessed scientist in Cabin in the Woods.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

He was also recently the father in Get Out.

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but this casting is consistent. It's never "Oh man big mega star who is hot right now" it is always sort of "this person who you definitely recognize from this or that big movie/TV show'.

I'm loving the casting for this film.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Oh yeah the seem to be using a lot of TV and character actors.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

It sounds like this new actor might be playing a very minor character, thus I don't expect any sort of confirmation.

The trades usually only report on more major roles
Last edited by Ryguy on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Bradley Whitford was absolutely fantastic in Get Out.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

TheSecondComing wrote:#13. Veteran character actor and 3-time Golden Globe nominee Bradley Whitford (155 episodes The West Wing, Get Out, Robocop 3) has appeared. We'll see if confirmation comes.

Bradley Whitford as "Dr. Stanton." http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0925966/
Confirmed by Variety. Well, at least his casting. No word on his character, though.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/bradl ... 202452371/
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

It's heating up boys. With getting consistent filming news on GKOTM, and the very likeable Mike Dougherty and Adam Wingard on Twitter, it's going to be a fun few years(something missing from Edwards). We might even get some casting news for GvsKong before the end of the year.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Huh... That's odd... Official confirmation AFTER being added on IMDB? Weird

Anywho, I wouldn't expect casting for GvK until 2018. I am expecting filming to start very late Summer-early Autumn of 2018
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

I don't think GvsK will have any cast announcements before KOM opens. To do so would almost be a sign that KOM isn't that good. "Here pay attention to the sequel before it opens!"

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

^Not necessarily. It all depends on when they plan on shooting

If Godzilla vs Kong starts ~1.5 years before it's release like with KOM and KSI, casting would have to begin early

If the film still holds its May 2020 release date, casting can't begin in March of 2019

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Heh, apparently someone added Michael Giacchino to the list on IMDb. He denies his involvement, though. I guess that's someone we can write off as to who could be the composer. Assuming it's not gonna be Alexandre Desplat again.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I'm telling you Douglas Pipes will score this. I could be wrong but he is Dougherty's go to composer. Just like I called that Shiro Sagisu would score Shin Godzilla as he did both Evangelion and Higuchi's Attack on Titan movies. Directors usually, not always but far more often than not, use the same composers for a majority of their films. Spielberg and Williams, Burton and Elfman, Dante and Goldsmith, Cameron and Fiedel or Horner. Pipes will be our guy I'm 75% positive.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I'm telling you Douglas Pipes will score this. I could be wrong but he is Dougherty's go to composer. Just like I called that Shiro Sagisu would score Shin Godzilla as he did both Evangelion and Higuchi's Attack on Titan movies. Directors usually, not always but far more often than not, use the same composers for a majority of their films. Spielberg and Williams, Burton and Elfman, Dante and Goldsmith, Cameron and Fiedel or Horner. Pipes will be our guy I'm 75% positive.
I'm expecting it too. Pipes is a good composer anyway, so I know whoever Dougherty goes with will be a good choice for this film. I'm not worried about it.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Moogabunga wrote:Another major casting - ZHANG ZIYI

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status ... 2545379329
Finally a Chinese actor I was thinking I misjudged Wanda but In all seriousness she's great actress who's worked with Ken Watanabe before so it's a reunion of sorta especially considering they both work for Monarch. Better actress than Jiang Tian so hopefully they don't brush her off to the side.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Variola
JXSDF Technician

Post by Variola »

Moogabunga wrote:Another major casting - ZHANG ZIYI

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status ... 2545379329
Well, there's Wanda's Chinese pick, but no complaints from me, she's an excellent actress.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Hollywoodreporter also mentions that she will show up in GvK,
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... rs-1011754.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Duuuuuude! This casting is fucking amazing!!!

Added in 46 seconds:
Set to appear in more Monsterverse movies!? Badass

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I knew the name was familiar. It'll definitely help the film out at the Chinese box office.

I have a feeling Wanda is going to want LP to go beyond GvsKong. It's literally their only "big" thing at the moment. Pokemon has a shot at being big too though... And honestly, you want the studio to have multiple franchises.

But yeah, around the release of GKOTM I wouldn't be surprised at a 2021 or 2022 MonsterVerse film announcement. Wanda getting Ziyi shows big support imo.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer