Godzilla: King of Monsters Cast Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Godzilla: King of Monsters Cast Thread

Post by Ryguy »

Now that we finally have the director locked and loaded, let's talk about the cast. Who do you guys want to star? Who will be returning?

Added in 2 minutes 13 seconds:
I'm hoping that at least Ken Watanabe returns as Dr. Serizawa. Other than that, perhaps a smaller role for Ford played by Aaron Taylor Johnson, but I know how much you guys loathe him in the first installment. Admiral Stenz is another character whom I would care to see make a return.

As for new actors? Well, remember when Henry Cavill was in-talks to portray Ford? It would be great if he could secure a lead role.
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Cookson
Futurian

Re: Godzilla: King of Monsters Cast Thread

Post by Cookson »

Yes, with the director confirmation, casting news should be revealed not too far in the future.

As far as returning cast, for sure Watanabe. I would love to see ATJ have a smaller role... But I'm good with him not being there too.

I mentioned Liam Neeson for the first movie, and still think he'd be a good choice.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

There was some discussion in the GvK thread about a genetically-engineered Biollante being the "doomsday" character. If so, I'd love to see her creator/mad scientist character played by Mads Mikkelson or Benedict Cumberhatch.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I want Michael Emerson for something, I don't care what! Also guarantee Watanabe and probably Hawkins will return. They might not but of all the original cast they are the most likely.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

It really depends on the story for me but I would like to see Michael B Jordan, Matt Damon, or Daniel Craig play the lead. I'm game for Watanabe, Hawkins, and Straithairn's Admiral Stenz to return.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I want Michael Emerson for something, I don't care what! Also guarantee Watanabe and probably Hawkins will return. They might not but of all the original cast they are the most likely.
YES! Michael Emerson would be perfect for a conspiracy theorist or monarch agent.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

PLEASE have Wantanabe return! And give Strathairn a bigger role. He's got potential. I honestly wouldn't mind ATJ if they killed him off as a sort of "apology gift" to the Bryan Cranston fans. For newcomers, I'd love to see Mark Wahlberg, Michael Emerson, or even Meryl Streep!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Ford doesn't need to get killed off. I dislike him more than most but that's just petty.

Added in 11 minutes 4 seconds:
Seeing as he's already worked with Dougherty I'd love to see Brian Cox in a role. Maybe even get Joseph Gordon Levitt. He was intended to play Ford before he had to bow out do to scheduling conflicts. I'd mostly prefer well known established actors but no major movie stars that would feel out of place. Similar to what they did with G14, thought people with name recognition like Jackson and Hiddleston in KSI won't hurt. Anthony Hopkins would be awesome. If they can get him for Transformers Godzilla shouldn't be out of question.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlacktimusPrime »

Eh, I liked Ford, but don't bring him back; too much backlash, and all that. Killing him off to appease people is juvenile; let him have his happy ending, and move on with a more dynamic lead character. On a less minority view, bring Serizawa, Stenz, and Graham back, give them more to do, and we're golden.
Coobzilla03 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla in general sucks. Just awful. I mean a man in a suit knocking down papercraft buildings?

Turn me into a twix and give me a break.

Mutated animals that are huge that fight each other.
Here goji, have a Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Gojira18 wrote:PLEASE have Wantanabe return! And give Strathairn a bigger role. He's got potential. I honestly wouldn't mind ATJ if they killed him off as a sort of "apology gift" to the Bryan Cranston fans. For newcomers, I'd love to see Mark Wahlberg, Michael Emerson, or even Meryl Streep!
Or there's another way. How about just not have him not. Works better no?

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Shaq :shock:
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I expect Ken Watanabe, Sally Hawkins, and David Strathairn to return.

If Aaron Taylor-Johnson or Elizabeth Olsen come back, people will expect the same shit. I prefer that they acquire different lead talent this time. Not sure who, though.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

We need an attractive male and female lead.

The male lead, as I suggested already, should be Henry Cavill, for whoever's into that (straight guy here). As for female lead, that's tougher. I would want somebody who can act but not delve into the slutty Megan Fox in Bayformers kind of way
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Ryguy wrote:We need an attractive male and female lead.

The male lead, as I suggested already, should be Henry Cavill, for whoever's into that (straight guy here). As for female lead, that's tougher. I would want somebody who can act but not delve into the slutty Megan Fox in Bayformers kind of way
I actually think he'd be a good choice.

People are going to laugh at me for suggesting this, but assuming that he isn't involved in anymore productions for the rest of the year, James McAvoy would make a nice lead actor. As for a female role, I'm not sure about that either. Gal Gadot would be my first choice since she nails the strong woman role. But I don't know if her schedule would allow it.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I'd be up for McAvoy. Hell someone like Emilia Clarke would be a great female lead.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:PLEASE have Wantanabe return! And give Strathairn a bigger role. He's got potential. I honestly wouldn't mind ATJ if they killed him off as a sort of "apology gift" to the Bryan Cranston fans. For newcomers, I'd love to see Mark Wahlberg, Michael Emerson, or even Meryl Streep!
Or there's another way. How about just not have him not. Works better no?
That too

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Getting Gal Gadot would be a huge win. Filming is only 3-5 months, so I'm sure they could get her in there.

Getting Elizabeth Olsen back wouldn't be a bad idea either.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

James McAvoy was young Charles Xavier, yes? Yeah, I'd be down for that

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Was just looking at Gal Gadots schedule. Both Wonder Woman and Justice League come out this year. If LP and WB really pushed for it, they definitely could get her in this. She already has a relationship with WB, so it might be possible.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I want Watanabe to come back for sure. Serizawa was an interesting character who didn't really get to do much. I'd even be open to him being the lead. If we have a new lead, I'd say we'll be getting somebody with a much wider range that ATJ. Doughtery likes his characters to have personality. That's evident in Trick r Treat and Krampus. You get something different from each character in those movies. What about Ezra Miller? Not a big fan of him being cast as the Flash. But the guy always breathes life into the characters he plays. I definitely don't want any stoic types. We could use a lead who's a little eccentric.
Cookson wrote:Getting Gal Gadot would be a huge win. Filming is only 3-5 months, so I'm sure they could get her in there.
A win? I think she's a terrible actor. Can't picture them getting a decent performance out of her.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.