Godzilla: King of Monsters Cast Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla: King of Monsters Cast Thread

Post by dillonking55 »

TheSecondComing wrote:#4*. Seems to take a day for actors to get on the board.

Oscar-nominated actress Vera Farmiga. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0267812/

She's G2's Juliette Binoche, mark my words.

I really hope not. We don't need to see the parent characters die AGAIN. I trust Dougherty to go a different route

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

After what Dougherty showcased with the movie Krampus. I fully trust he'll do a much better job in doing the right route then Edward ever could have.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:After what Dougherty showcased with the movie Krampus. I fully trust he'll do a much better job in doing the right route then Edward ever could have.
I agree. I love Edwards and his ideas, but Dougherty seems like a perfect director.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Gojira18 wrote:I agree. I love Edwards and his ideas, but Dougherty seems like a perfect director.
Especially since Dougherty is very enthusiastic about directing the movie, so that's a good sign he promises to make it deliver for us. ;)

I mean don't get me wrong, Edwards is a good director in his own right but he kind of has his faults.

Variola
JXSDF Technician

Post by Variola »

Living Corpse wrote:
Damn, I was hoping the lady who played Dr. Grime would return as well. She and Watanabe play well off each other.
Yeah I'll miss Sally Hawkins too if she doesn't return, same with David Strathairn.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:I agree. I love Edwards and his ideas, but Dougherty seems like a perfect director.
Especially since Dougherty is very enthusiastic about directing the movie, so that's a good sign he promises to make it deliver for us. ;)

I mean don't get me wrong, Edwards is a good director in his own right but he kind of has his faults.
And at least Gareth isn't some talentless hack like Bay or Snyder

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

With the cast announcements going on at the rate they rate, I doubt I will be phased by them for much longer.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

The Monsterverse sure is attracting a lot of men from Compton...

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/oshea ... 202011330/
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

Ryguy wrote:The Monsterverse sure is attracting a lot of men from Compton...

Compton Cinematic Universe? I dig it, staying in-house with other Legendary films. At least they didn't shoehorn Jing Tian in again

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

dillonking55 wrote:

Compton Cinematic Universe? I dig it, staying in-house with other Legendary films. At least they didn't shoehorn Jing Tian in again
It wouldn't make any damn sense to put her in the film. She's already been in Kong: Skull Island, and adding her wouldn't be good for the film's reputation or continuity.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Cookson
Futurian

Re: Godzilla: King of the Monsters Cast Thread

Post by Cookson »

I wouldn't be surprised if Wanda pressured LP to get a Chinese actor or actress for this anyway.... Not necessarily a bad idea. They definitely need to be thinking of China.

Anyway, glad things are moving along!
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Ha Cube's kid in Godzilla! Hey whatever works!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

Funny, just remembered that Ice Cube & O'Shea were both at the LA premiere for Godzilla 2014. Must be fans of the franchise/Big Guy.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

dillonking55 wrote:Funny, just remembered that Ice Cube & O'Shea were both at the LA premiere for Godzilla 2014. Must be fans of the franchise/Big Guy.
They are they did an interview on youtube at the premiere.
I wouldn't count out Jiang Tian for an appearance yet they could always do a flashback scene with her in it y'all know how Wanda is.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Fun fact: 3 of the 4 casting announcements took place on the 27th of their respective months

Does Wang Jianlin have a crush on Tian Jing or something? I get that she's attractive but goddamn...
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Probably signed an exclusive contract with them
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Ryguy wrote:Fun fact: 3 of the 4 casting announcements took place on the 27th of their respective months

Does Wang Jianlin have a crush on Tian Jing or something? I get that she's attractive but goddamn...
One of the investors for Wanda has a fling with her, which is probably why she's getting roles in Legendary films.

It's too bad that Chinese audiences don't like her.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Kink Kong
Ronin

Post by Kink Kong »

It would be amazing if we could get the man Ice Cube himself in a Godzilla movie. But at least this is the next best thing, lol.

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

#5. Today was a good day.

O'Shea Jackson Jr. (Straight Outta Compton) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6578009/

Throwback to O'Shea at Godzilla premeire:

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Who would have thought Ice Cube was a Godzilla fan?

Either way have not seen Straight outta Compton but heard good things, hopefully the guy is a good actor and this is not a Will Smith type thing like he did for his son who sucks.