MonsterVerse Beastiary

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Re: MonsterVerse Beastiary

Post by Ryguy »

Glad you agree! A scene during the Middle Ages would be fucking incredible too.

Imagine a Medieval Europe setting where people believe Godzilla to be a dragon; maybe even throw-in a small fight sequence of a castle siege where a kingdom is firing at Godzilla with catapults and such, leading to their inevitable failure of course

The sky's the limit, and it would be a real shame if this sort of scenario isn't explored sometime in the Monsterverse
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Cosbydaf wrote:I think this is a good idea, but the likely kneejerk reaction to "OH GOD IT'S GODZILLA 1998 KILL IT" would probably prevent them from doing it.

sidenote: I'm not crazy about the Smaug-dorahs with the bat-like fore-arms wings.
I find it ridiculous there's people that still hates him to this day, skreeonk its been nearly 20 years for crying out loud...
Yeah seriously, he was a cool monster in a crappy movie. Which is pretty standard for alot of the kaiju genre lol. If people like that dumpster fire Guilala, there's nothing wrong with liking Zilla.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Ryguy wrote:The jointless hands that Ghidorah had in the TOHO films won't cut it. That's going to look awkward as hell. I much prefer the more sleek Smaug-like body

Also, I was eating breakfast this morning and had a thought. You know what would be rad? Some kind of historical flashback in King of Monsters where Godzilla has an encounter with people from the 1400's or something. Like picture Columbus sailing to the Americas and encountering Godzilla along the way. Or perhaps Godzilla was actually the iceberg that sunk the Titanic? Or hell, you could even go to the origin of the cave paintings at the end of Skull Island and show what happened there.
Skreeonk! Thought I was the only one who thought the idea of Godzilla being the "iceberg" that sunk the Titanic is a potential concept. Glad we agree with the same thine. Also agree with a flashback in the past whatever time period it is, granted I'd love to see Godzilla's fight with King Ghidorah in prehistoric times as shown from those cave paintings.

Another idea I had was Godzilla being the Leviathan in the Bible having been sighted during Pre-Christian/Christian times but the problem with that then would be religion being involved and so I'd probably expect religious extremists being controversial about it...So maybe not a good idea, shame because that'd be neat to see.
Relair wrote:Yeah seriously, he was a cool monster in a crappy movie. Which is pretty standard for alot of the kaiju genre lol. If people like that dumpster fire Guilala, there's nothing wrong with liking Zilla.
Glad we agree on the same thing. In my eyes. Even before the name change copyright thing. I see Zilla as his own monster and the film as its own monster movie. In my head canon it takes place in the Godzilla universe where he's mistaken for "Godzilla" hence given the name Zilla. :P
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

Heh..

"Job 3:8

Let those curse it who curse the day, who are ready to rouse up Leviathan. "

But yeah, people would totally have a problem with it.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

It really sucks though, if it wasn't for those extremists, that'd a nice concept I'd love to see be added. Godzilla definitely does fits those descriptions for the Leviathan such as being miles long.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I'd rather not have religion in my Godzilla. Mythology? Sure. Religion? Please, no. It has no business being put in there.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Showa Gyaos wrote:I'd rather not have religion in my Godzilla. Mythology? Sure. Religion? Please, no. It has no business being put in there.
I second this.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Bible references in these types of movies only generate eye rolls.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

Variola
JXSDF Technician

Post by Variola »

Yeah the stiff fan wings are not gonna cut it in a big budget Hollywood blockbuster in 2019, it would look stupid.
The male MUTO and Otachi are good examples of how to do flying kaiju wings right in this day and age,

gojira012
Interpol Agent

Post by gojira012 »

You know Rokmutal and Vinishu would still be a possibility

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I like that tapwing King Ghidorah as well. Now I'm terrified the actual movie Ghidorah will be boring after seeing those two pictures.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

If we ever revisit Skull Island or any other ecosystem, I wanna know more about the sea life. I doubt the Mire Squid only lives in the waters on the island, and I doubt there isn't some monsters living in the ocean around the island, like Manda or Ebirah.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Living Corpse wrote:If we ever revisit Skull Island or any other ecosystem, I wanna know more about the sea life. I doubt the Mire Squid only lives in the waters on the island, and I doubt there isn't some monsters living in the ocean around the island, like Manda or Ebirah.
If we don't get a giant turtle with some fashion of ecosystem on it, i'm going to be sad.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

BARAGONBREH wrote:Bible references in these types of movies only generate eye rolls.
I wouldn't mind it, but who am I to speak for everyone else, seeing how that's worked out in the past? (I've gotten kicked out of two churches now for being Christian. Yes, that's right.)
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I know they wanted to avoid dinosaurs because Jurassic World but really, with an island filled with weird things like plant spiders they could have just invented a new dinosaur that never existed. I mean technically they are still treading on the dinosaur thing by making this a shared universe with Godzilla, who is generally, not always, but generally some kind of prehistoric reptile.

Still, I am glad we got a dinosaur skull, one that looks like it's new so that at least says hey dinosaurs are still on the island, you just didn't see any of them yet.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Living Corpse wrote:I know they wanted to avoid dinosaurs because Jurassic World but really, with an island filled with weird things like plant spiders they could have just invented a new dinosaur that never existed. I mean technically they are still treading on the dinosaur thing by making this a shared universe with Godzilla, who is generally, not always, but generally some kind of prehistoric reptile.

Still, I am glad we got a dinosaur skull, one that looks like it's new so that at least says hey dinosaurs are still on the island, you just didn't see any of them yet.
There's also a scene in the graveyard where conrad is examining a theropod footprint.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Living Corpse wrote:I know they wanted to avoid dinosaurs because Jurassic World but really, with an island filled with weird things like plant spiders they could have just invented a new dinosaur that never existed. I mean technically they are still treading on the dinosaur thing by making this a shared universe with Godzilla, who is generally, not always, but generally some kind of prehistoric reptile.

At least we know there were dinosaurs on Skull Island. And yeah, like you say: it's possible there are dinosaurs left, just like we didn't get to see the whole SI fauna confirmed by the artwork.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:

There's also a scene in the graveyard where conrad is examining a theropod footprint.
I think that was supposed to be a Skullcrawler's footprint judging by the size and it is in their home territory.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Tyrant28 wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:

I think that was supposed to be a Skullcrawler's footprint judging by the size and it is in their home territory.
I'm pretty sure it was theropodal, based on the number of toes; but i could be wrong

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

So both the Skull Crawlers and theropods have three toes that touch the floor (another, smaller toe protruding can't touch the floor). So, although one can argue is that of a theropod, I think it definitely is the Skull Crawler's footprint.
Long Live The King