MonsterVerse Beastiary

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: MonsterVerse Beastiary

Post by BlankAccount »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:My worst nightmare would be a cockroach kaiju.
Centipede kaiju. Try playing the video game based off the 2005 PJ King Kong with headphones on and you'll understand.
Hell, even real life centipedes are horrifying. :freak:
Probably the most unrealistic thing about Resident Evil 0 isn't the zombies or leech men, it's that the giant centipede boss doesn't straight up eat Rebecca when it catches her.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:I'd agree with that as long as he wasnt a dinosaur, because dinosaurs weren't around for the Permian. The name would still work, though.
Indeed I mean we do have Basilosaurus despite being a whale. ;)
And anthracosaurus despite it being an amphibian.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:I'd agree with that as long as he wasnt a dinosaur, because dinosaurs weren't around for the Permian. The name would still work, though.
Indeed I mean we do have Basilosaurus despite being a whale. ;)
And anthracosaurus despite it being an amphibian.
Still, reptiles evolving that long ago, more than 300 million years ago, doesn't really make sense tbh

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

In the Monsterverse, I see dinosaurs as being evolved from Godzillas species. Lower radiation levels means they became less super fauna and more just fauna. Yes yes, I know, the gills, reptiles don't have gills. Well, Godzilla isn't exactly what you call normal. And with the MUTOs going away, they didn't need to hide in the ocean to ambush, fight or run away. So they lost the gills.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Living Corpse wrote:In the Monsterverse, I see dinosaurs as being evolved from Godzillas species. Lower radiation levels means they became less super fauna and more just fauna. Yes yes, I know, the gills, reptiles don't have gills. Well, Godzilla isn't exactly what you call normal. And with the MUTOs going away, they didn't need to hide in the ocean to ambush, fight or run away. So they lost the gills.
Agreed. Can't wait to see if the MUTO "family tree" is explored

Redem
Monsterland Worker

Post by Redem »

Well the website update give us a whole lot of info (I,m sure a template could be made for the bestiary)

Also the psychovulture freak me out!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Atleast we have names for the other creatures ( more like just the names of the species, only individuals we know are Kong and Ramarak.) Such as Mire Squid and Sker Buffalo.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Would someone mind getting a screenshot of the psychovulture for me? Sorry, but my computer doesn't do that -_-.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Mother Longlegs
Leafwings
Mire Squid
Pychovultures
Sker Buffalo
Spore Mantis
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Nice.

At this point I honestly would not be surprised if the natives and King Kong are "infected" with plants on the inside but it's a beneficial, symbiotic relationship that both parties gain something from.

Redem
Monsterland Worker

Post by Redem »

So if people want to see template (I'll do one with more blank picture if they wish or with other profile.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Redem wrote:So if people want to see template (I'll do one with more blank picture if they wish or with other profile.

http://i.imgur.com/nNQQSQp.png
Yes, please! With blanks for the pictures
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't quote images.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Gojira18 wrote:
Redem wrote:So if people want to see template (I'll do one with more blank picture if they wish or with other profile.

http://i.imgur.com/nNQQSQp.png
Yes, please! With blanks for the pictures
PSA - Quoting Images/YT Videos and Reading Sticky/Pinned Posts

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

How would you guys feel if it turns out Kong is partially plant on the inside? As long as he looks and acts like Kong, I'd be fine with it and it could give him a new ability, I dunno what, but it could make him do something cool. I dunno what.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Living Corpse wrote:How would you guys feel if it turns out Kong is partially plant on the inside? As long as he looks and acts like Kong, I'd be fine with it and it could give him a new ability, I dunno what, but it could make him do something cool. I dunno what.
K.I.N.O! K.I.N.O! HE'D BE K.I.N.O!11!! :P
Resized Image

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Tyrant28 wrote:A bunch of awesome pictures.
Thank you my dude :huge: !
Also, nice to hear that florafauna means plant-animal hybrid #Biollanteconfirmed*

*Yes I DID go there!
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Coobzilla03 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:How would you guys feel if it turns out Kong is partially plant on the inside? As long as he looks and acts like Kong, I'd be fine with it and it could give him a new ability, I dunno what, but it could make him do something cool. I dunno what.
Not really, he still looks and acts like Kong. He just has weird plant shit growing in his body, but it's still a giant ape body. It's still his.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Coobzilla03 wrote:
Not really, he still looks and acts like Kong. He just has weird plant shit growing in his body, but it's still a giant ape body. It's still his.
I'm just joking. But seriously, I'd prefer if he wasn't but it doesn't matter too much.
Resized Image

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

I'm so glad Kumonga and Oodako are in this movie. :)
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Living Corpse wrote:How would you guys feel if it turns out Kong is partially plant on the inside?
no
Where did all of this, "stuff on Skull Island = plants" come from? Kinda out of the loop here.