MonsterVerse Beastiary

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: MonsterVerse Beastiary

Post by SpaceG92 »

Desghidorah wrote:Spoilers because I'm not sure.
Spoiler:
What about word of a certain three kaiju showing up in Skull Island's credits? Should we add them to the list?
We do know
Spoiler:
they will show up eventually if the old 2014 (was it 2014?) Comic-con announcement still holds true. So i'm not opposed to it being added as [TENTATIVE]

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I have an intense, irrational fear of bugs, so I'm hoping to god Mother Longlegs is the only bug monster that shows up in these films. Aside from Mothra, of course. Kamacarus, or a Kamacarus knock-off, would be fine too. Mantises never bothered me for whatever reason.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Ripper Rex
Yojimbo

Post by Ripper Rex »

There is the giant Log Insect and plus MAYBE the one river insectoid that has legs that mimic dead trees coming out of the water.

Plus the Mother Longlegs IMO might not even be a true spider, but a close relative.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Ripper Rex wrote:Mother Longlegs IMO might not even be a true spider, but a close relative.
Well regardless, I find it absolutely terrifying. And its little pinsers don't help either. Fuck that.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Dr. Professor wrote:I have an intense, irrational fear of bugs, so I'm hoping to god Mother Longlegs is the only bug monster that shows up in these films. Aside from Mothra, of course. Kamacarus, or a Kamacarus knock-off, would be fine too. Mantises never bothered me for whatever reason.
I can't blame you, Kumonga was stylized heavily and that hairy mouth still made it creepy. At least Mothra seems cuddly and guys like Battra & Megalon are so far removed from real bugs. Kamacuras is stylized enough to be cool and not creepy.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

My worst nightmare would be a cockroach kaiju.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

Mothra is probably the only reason why I'm not as scared of moths and butterflies than other insects.

Added in 25 seconds:
Dr. Professor wrote:My worst nightmare would be a cockroach kaiju.
FUCK that. :freak:

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Cockroaches and palmetto bugs... ugh. That said, I'm always open to more insect kaiju being added to this universe. They can be visually striking or, at the very least, provide some decent cannon fodder for other kaiju.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Honestly, I'd absolutely love for them to bring in Kamacuras. Son of Godzilla has always been one of my favorites ever since I was little kid, which is probably why I manage to actually not be afraid of mantises, so I've always wanted to see Kamacuras get utilised more.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Centipede kaiju. Try playing the video game based off the 2005 PJ King Kong with headphones on and you'll understand. That being said I do wish we'd get a scorpion monster in the Godzilla franchise, I know we had one in one of the children's books. Got my dragonfly kaiju and she was cool so whatever.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Centipede kaiju. Try playing the video game based off the 2005 PJ King Kong with headphones on and you'll understand.
No.....not the centipedes..........*cue flashback*
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: No.....not the centipedes..........*cue flashback*
I actually had one spawn in thin air right in front of me and immediately attack after spawning in my playthrough. Scared the hell out of me.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Living Corpse wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: No.....not the centipedes..........*cue flashback*
I actually had one spawn in thin air right in front of me and immediately attack after spawning in my playthrough. Scared the hell out of me.
Jeez really!? Im gonna check that out.

Keeps making me wish we got some sort of tie in game to K: SI. Kong 2005 was like the best tie in movie game ever.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Living Corpse wrote:
Centipede kaiju. Try playing the video game based off the 2005 PJ King Kong with headphones on and you'll understand. That being said I do wish we'd get a scorpion monster in the Godzilla franchise, I know we had one in one of the children's books. Got my dragonfly kaiju and she was cool so whatever.
Sasori and Ts-Eh-Go would like a word.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Centipede kaiju. Try playing the video game based off the 2005 PJ King Kong with headphones on and you'll understand.
No.....not the centipedes..........*cue flashback*
I recall six year old me not being able to get through the movie because of the centipede scene.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

What if Pterodactyl and Rokmutul were included in future films? How would they fit?
And what about Godzillasaurus? Maybe he evolved from Godzilla's species and his kind became smaller when the earth's radiation levels subsided.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Gojira18 wrote:What if Pterodactyl and Rokmutul were included in future films? How would they fit?
And what about Godzillasaurus? Maybe he evolved from Godzilla's species and his kind became smaller when the earth's radiation levels subsided.
Godzillasaurus I'd rather he be an ancestor to Godzilla's kind.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:What if Pterodactyl and Rokmutul were included in future films? How would they fit?
Godzillasaurus I'd rather he be an ancestor to Godzilla's kind.
I'd agree with that as long as he wasnt a dinosaur, because dinosaurs weren't around for the Permian. The name would still work, though.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Living Corpse wrote:
Hell, even real life centipedes are horrifying. :freak:
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:I'd agree with that as long as he wasnt a dinosaur, because dinosaurs weren't around for the Permian. The name would still work, though.
Indeed I mean we do have Basilosaurus despite being a whale. ;)