How Should Godzilla get His name?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
JGAR
Futurian

Re: How Should Godzilla get His name?

Post by JGAR »

Yeah that can work too, I wonder if the film will have references to King Kong.
Yooo 8-)

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

I think a reference to the Dragon's Triangle would be pretty cool. If I recall correctly (tell me if I'm wrong please), but I once watched a special on it, and it is infamous for having multiple UMO sightings (Unidentified Marine Objects). They could perhaps imply Godzilla is one of these many UMO sightings from over the years?
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

BNSF1995
Samurai

Post by BNSF1995 »

My idea:

Since we're talking "real world" here, the Godzilla movies themselves should exist. When Godzilla appears in real-life, everyone is shocked, especially Toho and Godzilla fans worldwide.

Bluezilla 65
Interpol Agent

Post by Bluezilla 65 »

You are correct. Many reports of green lights under the sea and sonar contacts that are huge.
This may not have much to do with the topic but is interesting.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Gojira1984 wrote:I was thinking they would just know because in the end of the 98' film, another Godzilla hatched, and I just assume that it will be that baby Godzilla being the big G in this movie
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

Gojira1984 wrote:I was thinking they would just know because in the end of the 98' film, another Godzilla hatched, and I just assume that it will be that baby Godzilla being the big G in this movie, but I may be wrong they may not go along with that.
I hope to god that was sarcasm.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Soooo.... Is anybody gonna tell him? No? All right.

This is in no way, I repeat, NO WAY associated with GINO. This has been known almost since... it was first announced in 2010.

KingGhidorah
Interpol Agent

Post by KingGhidorah »

Gojira1984 wrote:I was thinking they would just know because in the end of the 98' film, another Godzilla hatched, and I just assume that it will be that baby Godzilla being the big G in this movie, but I may be wrong they may not go along with that.
So my PC died on Wednesday, it's still dead and I am currently on my cousins PC. I was afraid of missing out on a lot of information/ events regarding this site. And I was right, LivingCorpse returning to TK after being banned for no reason, new Godzilla images, etc. But this? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Where's that "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" meme...

Black Lion
Monsterland Worker

Post by Black Lion »

They should do it like in KotM

Every time someone starts to talk about the monster, when they try to think of the name some old Japanese guy whispers "Godzilla" really loudly from offscreen.

Every time.

And when they look at him, he's acting all nonchalant, like he didn't just scream-whisper something at random white people.
Gamera: Guardian of Earth and Friend of All Children*

*except those who are currently out of his immediate field of vision. Sorry.