Godzilla's design, change it or no?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Zilla103192
Keizer

Godzilla's design, change it or no?

Post by Zilla103192 »

In "Godzilla: King of the Monsters", would you want them to use the exact same model fir Godzilla as seen in the previous film? Or would you like to see some updates to the design?

While I love the G14 design, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing some minor tweaks. I think his back spikes could be a bit more pronounced instead of being basically jist sharp triangles. And maybe slim him down a tiny bit. Not alot though, just a tad.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Godzilla's design, change it or no?

Post by SomeknowmeasXeno »

I'm perfectly content with Legendary as he is, but if there were any changes I'd be fine with? Ehh, a tiny bit less bulk, maybe larger dorsal plates, maybe a bit of a dull blue tint to the dorsal plates.
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

ScrumpBump
Monarch Researcher

Post by ScrumpBump »

I'm fine how he is right now.

That said, tweaking the design never hurt nobody.
Mistakes "Quote" for "Edit" more often then he wishes to admit .
“People who are brutally honest get more satisfaction out of the brutality than out of the honesty.”

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

I think they should make him a tiny bit slimmer. I just feel it'd work better.
^This post in sexually offensive.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

For continuity reasons I wouldn't change it. However, with Edwards now gone, I wouldn't be surprised in some tweaks(slimmer, different spines)
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

If they make a change, it should be the spines for sure. Reptiles never stop growing after all; maybe the spines could grow because of his old age?

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Yeah, I wouldn't change anything, I love the design the way it is!!

Godzillabrawler
Monarch Researcher

Post by Godzillabrawler »

As I said in a previous topic, I would like to see changes merely because it's Godzilla tradition at this point even if on a minor level. 73-75 is a perfect example, or even the 90s suits. They're all essentially one design that gets minor adjustments over time.

I know as G14 is CGI there's no need for "repairs" like the old suits but it's a part of Godzilla I've always loved. Plus I'm okay with the American films being more stable with design changes since Shin played around more freely and hopefully the anime film does too.
"There's two things you don't know about the Earth. One is me. And the other is... Godzilla."

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

One change I think would be cool after seeing Shin Godzilla and it's less design and more charging. Make the gills glow when he is charging his breath. It's gotta go through his neck before reaching his mouth to be shot out, so naturally the gills should glow once the atomic breath has reached there. Godzilla Smash 3 did it, kind of funny how it's an oversight that a Candy Crush game caught.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Living Corpse wrote:One change I think would be cool after seeing Shin Godzilla and it's less design and more charging. Make the gills glow when he is charging his breath. It's gotta go through his neck before reaching his mouth to be shot out, so naturally the gills should glow once the atomic breath has reached there. Godzilla Smash 3 did it, kind of funny how it's an oversight that a Candy Crush game caught.

I'm pretty much with this. I don't want any real design changes to Godzilla (besides being more scarred up or something of the likes) but something like how his spines charge up would fine by me.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Just some minor tweaks, honestly I want his teeth to be sharper. That probably wont even be noticeable.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Minor tweaks. Slightly bigger head, a slight change in the feet, and make the atomic ray look more like.... a ray.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

They'll tweak it in order to sell more toys, it's inevitable.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Nah, it's fine. Only thing I'd really be into is the ray looking more like a ray rather than blue fire.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

They'll make him bigger than Shin and call it a day.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Give him the Heisei treatment... minor differences, hard to notice individually, but apparent side-by-side. It'd be cool to see his spines look more 'classic', maybe with the typical Christmas Tree shape, or a whitish tint.

Seeing as he's already old and lumbering in G'14, though, I imagine he's mostly going to grow larger, and scarier - think the Gamera series. '14 is visually appealing enough, but maybe as time goes on, he'll look legitimately scary. Wouldn't shock me if they recycle that trilogy's 'hero-to-antihero' arc.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

The only thing that still bothers me are the feet. Too stubby. No, I don't want his feet like his Toho incarnation, and not like a Jurassic Park dino, but make them crocodilian-like, since Godzilla is amphibious.

So, tweak the feet a bit and I'm happy.

Kaiju Claws
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Kaiju Claws »

I'd rather not see a change. As I've said before, the Legendary Godzilla does more to look like "Godzilla" than any suit since the '84 (it's got a look and stance unto itself vs holding to the musculature of a human, etc). Keep him gillled, stumpy footed, and indifferent to men! Just the way I like 'em! ;P
Dungeon Master of the D20 Section

"As long as the arrogance of mankind exists, Godzilla will survive."
- Tomoyuki Tanaka

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Change is inevitable even if it's barely noticeable.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Variola
JXSDF Technician

Post by Variola »

LPG looks great as he is. I wouldn't mind a few minor tweaks, but I see no need for significant change.